It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so lets talk about vapeing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Maybe someone here can help me. I love vaping but having trouble with mine.

First, here is what I have. The starter kit I bought.
kit

The tanks I have tank

Now keep in mind I have several batteries of different brands and have tried many tanks of the same design and the Ce4.

My problem is two fold. I have to replace this part atomizer nearly daily or I get the on fire feeling you mention above. However sometimes I will replace a new one, and no matter what, it will always give me the burning on fire feeling so I have to switch to a different one.

The other problem i have is that if I don't have to replace it too soon due to the fire feeling it leaks juice onto my battery. Both problems happen if I use the same atomizer for more than a day. Help.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

ok i got a fyew solutions

your dry fire in from to much voltage/wattage

first buy a dual coil cleartomizer it will help some

next u can clean ur old ones rubbing alcohol soak for a fyew than distilled watter
than let it dry out for a day or so and than dry burn it abit ... fire it no juice for about 5 seconds wait 5 dry burn again tell no vape apears be carful tho u can break the coil

u got a vv ego basicaly there ok and will work but ur going to have the same problems tell u get a good tank
or go with a rda type build the disposable atomizers are well disposable

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
i recomend something like

www.fasttech.com...

simular to ur atomizer but its rebuildable use organic cotton it wicks faster overall will probly work better

just gota learn to build coils

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

i have been using one for three years but i started coughing up a clear jelly like substance , it got so bad , i had to stop using it
i think that a lot of people don't realize that their nicotine addiction still remains and it is not really a way to stop smoking
cold turkey really is the only way .

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

the clear jelly as u say is the increase in luiquid in ur lungs and for some is a real problem

as for the cold turky thing well iv had 3 family members vape for a fyew months and quit
its more of a stepping stone for some ... not all

me its a alternitive ill admit i cant go without and am addicted ether way

sub ohming the highest mg i can find 24-32 no doubt ima nicotine addict hardcore

than again

psychcentral.com...

there is some proof it helps medicaly ever if the situation is rare u never know maby its keeping me sane

i always saied niccotine saves lifes when i use it

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill
a reply to: AzureSky

i think that a lot of people don't realize that their nicotine addiction still remains and it is not really a way to stop smoking

Umm... I have been vaping since January of 2012, I have been 100% nicotine free since December of 2012. That is 2 years and one month of vaping WITHOUT nicotine. Yes. The juice I buy is 0mg.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I use a volcano vaporiser. It's not exactly portable and it was an expensive investment, but it suits my needs. It looks like a space ship too which is cool. It's not really a replacement for cigarettes, but it's the best vaporiser I've tried over the years. www.volcanovaporizer.com...
edit on 21-2-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Friend of mine had too much nicotine from one of those pen things people suck... Did something to the platelet count in blood and caused medical problem.

If you're going to smoke do it properly. Those devices people suck look ridiculous and are surely too good to be true.

Roll a fag from some baccy and put the electric tube in the bin.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I have'nt brought baccy in 9mths thanks to vaping, ive tried many devices from egos to vv electronic mods, but ive settled with a mechanicle mod, i use a panzer mod with 18650 bats and a kraken or aga t2 rba, i wick through japenese cotton pads and twisted wire. Ive tried a real cig while out (forgot to take my mod with me!) And didnt like it. I use 16mg juice with id compare to a 15 -20 a day habbit with baccy. My breathing is alot clearer since i swaped from baccy to vaping. I know its to not for everyone, but i think its a good alternative to smoking and a bit more healthier. Please excuse my grammar, im on heavy meds at the mo!!.
All the best.
B. V. H.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
OK, so many of you here know about this stuff so how about some SIMPLE recommendations for a complete noob to this.

I've been a very long term smoker and don't necessarily see this as a way to give up but would like to try something different, perhaps just at home so portability isn't 100% essential. I smoke one pack of rolling tobacco every 7-10 days so not too heavy but regular. My budget is miniscule so please bear this in mind. I'm also a wiz at building stuff and get great satisfaction from doing so.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
An ego based starter kit would be good for a noob!, you can buy a kit for around £15, that will get you 1 battery, charger, ce4 atomiser and a 10ml bottle of juice. If you want loads of vapour/smoke, go for juice thats v.g based. Once you decide its for you, mechanical mods can be found quite cheap, i picked up my panzer for £15 from ebay, rebuilable atomisers take a while to get used to, theres a knack to building coils. Once you get that covered r.b.a's give loads of vapour. Hope this has been some help for ya.
All the best.
B. V. H a reply to: nerbot

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill

Cold turkey works for very few people, and it's misery. I had no withdrawals, gained no weight with vaping. Can totally go without nicotine now, went from 18mg (not for long...way too strong) to 0mg in a very short period of time and from day 1 knew I would never smoke again. I still kick it at 3mg because my brain functions better. The nicotine in cigarettes isn't what people are addicted to, despite what they "tell" you.

edit on 2/21/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
yup love my vape. me and my OH quit cold from 20+ year smoking habits with the help of some basic ce4 type
devices now my OH uses a 20W box mod and aspire nautilus tank attys at 6mg.

and i have made a full on hobby of it with 7 devices and RBAs and RTAs from 10 to 180W

we both can now breathe better than for many years and our sense of smell and taste has improved

its not for everyone but i wholeheartedly recommend all smokers give it a try.
get a quality set-up and give it a go.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

To start, I'd highly recommend an Eleaf Istick Mini Express Kit and a juice or two from this site. Cheap and reliable. Oops if you're U.S. See my U2U.

a reply to: billyvonhelvete

No offense, but I found Egos were a waste of money. They always foist that on beginners, but it's more trouble than it's worth IMO, barely anyone sticks with them, you need two batteries and when one dies it dies you're stuck, usually with no passthru charging capability.
edit on 2/21/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I started with a mechanical mod, but am now using this:

Definitely a keeper!

It is very high quality and small enough to hide in your hand. I got mine for 50 USD.

Built-in tank, built-in battery (mini-usb charged). One charge lasts me almost 2 days.

You can use this with replaceable coils or order the rebuildable atomizer kit for around 15 USD.

The replaceable coils are 1.5 ohm.

VW: 8 - 20 watt (I was a heavy smoker and I use it on 8 - 12 watt with 18mg of nicotine.). I think I could easily switch to 12mg after only a couple of weeks.

If you are looking for good tobacco juices, go to this site.

I highly recommend El Toro Guevara and Virginia Prime. Really really good stuff!

(I don't work for any of these companies, but I did some serious research.)

soulwaxer

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

After dealing with a lot of different leaking tanks I finally swapped to $10 K1 aspire glassomizer and its still working great after months of use. The glass tank of K1 doesn't break down and contaminate the fluid. Its coils last a long time (2-4 weeks) because the wick doesn't burn like other models. Just make sure its genuine aspire unit as lot of fakes are going around.

Its important to let the coil/wick soak for a few minutes when you first fill it to allow the fluid to sock into the wick otherwise it will burn. if nicotine is too strong for you, it may be perceived as burning, you may need reduce the nicotine level to something lighter.

The larger batteries are the go. I got a 1300 mah battery but they now have 2600mah batteries on ebay for $22 + postage.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So let's talk about spelling and punctuation.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I have been seriously vaporing for the past couple of years and love it. I quit smoking 5 years ago, i think, it is hard to believe I smoked for 25 years now. I was using the old 510's with the wicking in the filter part, messy and very little vapor but I was able to quit the nasty smelling cigarettes so it served its purpose. No more hacking, no more coughing up black tar, no more smell and I feel 100% better and no longer need my inhalers. I am presently using the ego batteries and just got my first variable voltage. I am most impressed with Kanger Tech products and I am using a Pro-tank 3 and love it. Mods will be my next adventure but I am satisfied for the most part with the ego's. The main thing I have figured out, do not buy the cheap liquid in gas stations and smoke shops, you get what you pay for, crap! I started buying from a local vapor shop, they mix all their own and after that I was hooked for good and able to quit snuff as well, amazing how good everything tastes now!! I found a retailer online that has the best prices and have been very happy with every juice I have got from them, they mix it only after it is ordered and for less than half the price of my local shop. It is an exciting hobby as well as new products are popping up everyday to experiment with, just a little shy on the mods as I like my fingers! If your a smoker give it a shot, just make sure you start with quality juice, it makes all the difference!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Great info here peeps and after reading this thread I finally understand what all the bits and peices of a vaporiser actually do.

I'll get a cheap and cheerful version first just to experiment and then move on to something I can mess with.

Many thanks.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

I found this interesting.

Bob Bowden, Florida contributor to e-cigarette-forum.com, raises the question whether e-cigarettes, apart from avoiding smoking and future lung cancer risk, actually confers immediate short term positive benefits, by reducing the risk of its users inhaling live viruses and bacteria from room air. This is mind-blowing enough, but could its possible benefits also protect others close by? Is the e-cigarette more than a tool for reducing harm? Is it also potentially a talisman to ward off infection?

That propylene glycol (PG) may protect users of the e-cigarette from airborne bacterial and viruses dates back to World War II. ‘Air Germicide’, a story in Time magazine Nov 16, 1942, reported the research of Dr. Oswald Hope Robertson at Chicago's BillingsHospital. He showed that half a part per million of PG in air could kill bacteria and viruses in that air within seconds. He found PG could protect mice from influenza virus, and that monkeys could well tolerate living in air containing PG. On the face of it, e-cigarette users might indeed be better off.

Source:
E-CIGARETTE USE - COULD IT PROTECT US ALL FROM THE NEXT PANDEMIC?
Murray Laugesen - Public health physician www.healthnz.co.nz

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:AdcYrVQK5K8J:www.e-cigarette-forum.com... 4.html%2Bsilver+colloidal+vapor&hl=en&gbv=2&nfpr&spell=1&&ct=clnk

--

top topics

<< 1   >>

join