It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.E.K's (Black Eyed Kids)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Stories about Black Eyed Kids began to appear in the late 1990s I believe, starting with journalist Brian Bethel reporting of a meeting with two unusually confident and eloquent children who attempted to talk him into giving them a ride in his car. In his story Brethel said that he almost opened the door and let the children in until he noticed that their eyes were completely black, with no iris or pupil. As soon as the children realized he sees something odd, they became angry and insistent, and he drove away quickly. He implies that these children may have been using some mind control method to induce him to open the door.

Their persistence to be invited in is a scary one. We must remember that the idea of an evil presence needing some sort of invitation before entering a house (or even a human being) is a longstanding belief in many religions. Choosing a form of a child is a clever one. Because, people would rather say yes to a needy child coming up in the middle of the night on the doorstep than to a man or woman.

What could these children be? Vampires, human/alien hybrids, lost souls, soulless entities of some sort (hence the black eyes) or demons in disguise? None of these are something you can point a finger to. Can this be a hoax? Or an urban legend?

Here is Brethel's tale.
Brian Bethel recounts his possible paranormal encounter with 'B.E.K's'

Excellent book on the subject, but hard to find.

Here is a link with some tales of B.E.K encounters. Some of them are creepy.
16 Terrifying Encounters With ‘The Black Eyed Kids’

Which reminds me. I remember hearing a story awhile back on some late night Paranormal talk show (I listen to quite a few, So I don't remember the shows name) Anyway, the story went that this lady was on her way home from work on a desolate country road late one evening. She approached this vehecile off to the side of the road with the hood up and these two younger looking teen boys were standing next to the car. Her initial reaction was to stop and see if they needed assistance, but her gut was telling her to not stop. So she drove about 50 yards down the road, stopped and looked behind her, and all of a sudden, several other young looking children came out of the woods on each side of the road and they were all looking in her direction.

...............Creepy. I had chills running up and down my spine hearing that tale.

Thoughts on this subject?
edit on 20-2-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Were those around back in the 1990s? That also doesn't explain the paranormal/supernatural characteristics with these encounters that people experience.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
True.

And the stories are quite engaging.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
People often ask what happens if you let them in.

Black Eyed Children Report From Someone Who Let Them In

I have read many accounts of these black eyed kids but I don’t think any really come close to what happened to me when I let two into my house. Some people think that if you let them in that the will kill you, obviously I can say this is not true. This is what happened, I was sitting in my bedroom at home when I heard a knock on the door, it was not too late so I didn’t hesitate opening the door to whoever it was. when I opened it there was two children standing there, both were looking at the floor. “yes ” I said, the taller one asked if they could come in as they were lost and the other boy needed the toilet. I live in an area where it is very easy to get lost, so I just assumed that they were telling the truth and was looking down because they were shy, even though the one talking, spoke very confidently. so I let them in, the one who needed the toilet just walked in and straight up the stairs so I shouted up its on the right, I don’t know why I didn’t find this strange but most toilets are upstairs and as he was young I didn’t think anything of it. I told the other one that the phone was down the hall, “thanks” he said and he started to walk down the hall, I followed him and then I suddenly came over with a really awful feeling like something bad was going to happen, I became very nervous and a bit shaky I still cant explain how that happened, the boy stopped at the phone and paused, “everything OK?” I asked, he turned to me and looked up and that’s when I saw his eyes, and trust me I will never get that picture out of my head, I was so scared that I couldn’t even scream as I turned to run down the hall the other kid was standing at the end. I became very dizzy and struggled to stand up, he walked closer to me and said that they had been sent to collect me, I still couldn’t bear to look into his face, I pushed away from him and ran into my front room and slammed the door shut, I was in so much shock about what was happening I couldn’t think straight, this is something that you don’t even expect to happen even in movies. after standing against the door for around and hour or so I finally got the courage to make a run for the back door, so I ran to it and unlocked it, I ran to the back of my garden and jumped over the fence not once looking back. my friend lived close so I ran to his house, I told him the story and as I guessed he was a bit skeptic about what I had said. I convinced him to come back with me, when we got there we looked around the whole house but couldn’t find them. ever since this happened I always have a dream that this kids with the black eyes stand over my bed with there hands stretching to me, I hope to god that I never see these again.”

Soul collectors? People often associate black eyes with being soulless. Perhaps they are entities looking to steal your soul so that they can become normal and live among us?
edit on 20-2-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Reminds me of the movie Children of The Corn.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
Reminds me of the movie Children of The Corn.

Classic horror flick!

Which begs the question. Lets assume that this all is just an urban legend or some tale concocted that caught on and went viral. Is there some kind of hardwired inner fear within us that dreads the thought of children becoming demonic in nature and being killers? Its almost taboo and unthinkable. Its honestly a scary thought.

There are true stories about children who murder.

Anyway, I don't know what to think about Black Eyed Kids honestly. I believe in a lot of things but this is an extremely strange one.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I think the legends of black-eyed kids (and alien greys with all-pupil eyes) and telepathic powers are similar to many science-fiction stories - like Village of the Damned, Dune and More Than Human- and reflect an archetype concerning human powers and evolution.

Information about the phenomenon of "red eye" in photographs, and how the eyes work, is interesting to ponder:

What Causes Red Eye in Photographs

It is important to note that the term “light” can refer to any electromagnetic radiation, not just the radiation in the visible spectrum. Electromagnetic radiation can be classified into seven types; Gamma, X-ray, Ultraviolet, Visible, Infrared, Microwave and Radio wave. Visible light actually comprises a very narrow range of frequencies that can be perceived by humans. This human-visible light has the same characteristics of all these types of electromagnetic radiation. Specifically, in relation to red-eye from photographs, it can be reflected off of a variety of surfaces.

The eye is a wonder of evolution that has resulted in our abilities to sense the world around us in a way that blind mole rats can only imagine! Light comes into the eye through the cornea. That light is then perceived by the retina and its images are sent to the brain via the optic nerve. The amount of light that gets to the retina is controlled by the pupil. Should it be a bright sunny day, the pupil constricts and only allows a small amount of light in. On dark nights, the pupil dilates and becomes quite large to allow as much light in as possible. Sitting between the retina and the sclera (the white part of the eye) lays a layer of connective tissue called the Choroid. This layer provides oxygen and nutrients to the outer part of the retina. Compared to the retina, the Choroid is an extremely vascular area containing copious amounts of blood vessels.

When the light from a camera flash goes off, the pupils do not have time to constrict, and so a large amount of light is reflected off of the Fundus (the interior surface of the eye). Due to the large amount of blood in the Choroid, the light picked up by the camera lens appears red. Since the angle the light goes in to the eye is the same angle that it will reflect out, the closer the flash is to the camera lens, the greater chance the reflected light will be seen by the lens. The darker the environment a person is in, and thus the wider their pupils are, the greater the chance of having eyes of the damned.

Other factors contributing to the red-eye effect is the amount of melanin in the layers behind the retina, and the age of the person being photographed. Light skinned people with blue eyes tend to have less melanin in the fundus. This leads to a more pronounced red-eye effect, compared to dark skinned people with brown eyes. The same is true for other animals as well. The role melanin plays can be seen in pictures of animals with heterochromatic eyes (two different colored eyes). Should the animal have one blue and one brown colored eye, the blue eye will show a pronounced red-eye effect while the brown will not.

Children will also tend to get a red-eye effect more readily then do their adult counterparts. This is because a child’s pupil will dilate faster than adults, in low light situations.

In thinking about how language, vision, neurotransmitters and the brain work together, Terence McKenna speculated that there are forgotten modalities concerning visual language/communication that are part of our collective evolution.

TripZine - Terence McKenna interview

JK: Transformative language is something you talk a lot about. You say, 'If any significant change is going to be made within society, you need to first transform the language.' Do you have any concrete idea about how one would go about doing that, or is this just a notion that you're fiddling with?

TM: Well, no. I don't simply mean speaking more clearly or something like that. I mean that language can... Apparently the human neurological architecture is such that incoming audio signals can either be processed in a low-dimensional audial environment, or in a much richer, higher-dimensional visual environment. When we hear great poetry... what we call great poetry is language which triggers this active high-dimensional visualizing capacity. I think language aspires to visibility, and that drugs like ayahuasca are allowing the people who use them to experience a kind of telepathy. It's not a telepathy of you hear what I think, it's a telepathy where you see what I mean. The fact that the chemicals in ayahusca, D-M-T and harmaline, both occur in the human brain, and that they carry with them this peculiar transformation of language, pushing it toward the visible, suggests to me that in the human brain, the language functions are not yet genetically established and defined, and it could be that we're just a one or two gene mutation away from having our language go from radio to TV essentially. And what this will make, if possible, is a much richer field of communication. People will be able to both communicate and receive communication about much subtler and more finely delineated matters.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I've never heard of Black eyed Kids before.
Interesting urban myth, did it originate in the States?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Here's a ghostly one

Has this Stoke-on-Trent mum captured the black-eyed child of Cannock Chase on camera? Read more: www.stokesentinel.co.uk... Follow us: @SentinelStaffs on Twitter | sentinelstaffs on Facebook

Couldn't get the photo thing to work, sorry

edit on 20-2-2015 by drevill because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2015 by drevill because: .

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Classic candle lit - scare the crap out of the gullible ones ...

This is the stuff urban legends are made of ...

It is also withstanding the test of time

Nice one - " winning " !

Wait - what !? Darwin had a humorous side ?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

To add -

Don't get me wrong, BEK's are a spine tingler right up there with the best of them !

They alone are the root cause of many a nightmare or nightstallions ...

I am an old fart - who was sucked into the "Amityville Horror " - ( IMDb ) is your friend.

Much like today we see the milking of a 'NEW " genre ie; The shaky first person perspective shock flicks, promoted as

"True Stories" ...

Here's a thought - some bright writer here or abouts ; could draft a script for a BEK movie ...

Just a thought ...

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Are the BEK's seen on American ground only?

I would like to see them...

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It's a Human thing...

& it coincides with Rage... In my own personal experience anyways...
There may be other factors...

Done it and seen it happen to others.

Crazy to see... imo.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I do not think this is about dilation of pupils ...

It is about a totally black eyeball - attached to some weird kid knocking on your door - asking to come in.

I have experienced the "nutter" look ... this aint it ...

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I'm talking about eyeballs that turn black...

Not dilated pupils.

The myth and the truth are not consistent with each other...

I've never seen little children knock on people's doors with pitch black eyes acting creepy...

I have seen a few Rage induced folk "switch/transform" into something almost uncontrollable with pitch black eyes...

I'd rather believe what I see, than what I read.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

OK - You are the only - first person witness I have seen on ATS ... admittedly - I may have missed some.

Can you tell us more ?
This is a fascinating topic !

Just the word/acronym - BEK - causes conniptions in my wife !

We all want to know - what is the intention of these Black Eyed Kids ... ?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

To those who are mentioning that these "BEK" are soul stealers or something along those lines, I'm going to post this, and make of it what you will.

From my personal experiences, I can say with confidence that the black eye phenomenon is often caused by a possession of sort. Essentially the body is a host for an "evil" spirit, and when the spirit exerts it's influence upon the individual it causes their eyes to turn black due to the dark nature of the occurrence.

To simplify what I just said I will cite two examples from my own experience. 5 years ago I met and fell in love with a woman whom long story short was possessed by one of these entities, here's how I know. One night upon discussing spirituality and certain fringe topics, she asked me if I wanted to see something "cool", so being curious as I am of course I obliged.

So by her instruction we both stand up, she places me in a position where I can't run away (at this point I don't know why) so my back is against the wall and she is holding me there. She tells me to stare into her eyes so I do..and within 30 seconds I kid you not her eyes turned black as coal.

I tensed up immediately, trying to get away but her strength increased exponentially and also I could feel my energy being drained or "sucked" out of my body. At this point I can feel distinctly that she is no longer in control of herself and I feel a very dark and sinister force at play. This lasted for maybe 2 minutes but felt like an eternity.

Moving on, once her eyes returned to normal (after approximately 2 minutes or so) she began to tell me of how she got her "power". Basically, and this is all true btw, she died on the operating table after a very bad car accident, and what she told me happened when she died is that she went to a place that was all black, pretty much nothingness but she described it by saying it was hell itself.

While in "hell" she consorted with something that told her it would give her life again upon certain conditions which according to her she willingly agreed with allowing her access to these "powers". Upon waking from the severity of her wounds, I was told by not only her but her mother that she was basically wild, out of control and was attacking everyone..the doctors could not and would not go near her. To this day she is still the same, and by that I mean she still is possessed.

Ironically or not upon reflecting back on that time in my life, she completely ruined my life financially and emotionally, and I do mean this literally. No one has done more damage to me than she managed to do in those three years of my life and I'll never recover financially from the amount of debt she has caused me (very long story).

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Example #2 is more personal because it deals with myself. Over the years I've had many "bursts" of anger, often unexplained and completely uncontrollable (extreme strength, reflexes etc) when they happened. This was often attributed to some type of mental illness on my part, and to be fair I was a really shy kid so I wasn't likely to refute what I was being told was the truth.

People would always say that I was such a good kid but rarely would anyone ever mention the outbursts, which to me as time progressed seemed more and more odd because they were happening with more frequency.

As time progressed and I got older (12-15 years old) bullying became a huge problem for me. I was an overweight short and not very attractive kid, got picked on, pushed around and all that stuff..but I always took everything that happened and I kept pushing it farther and farther inside of me trying not to let those emotions get the better of me (knowing the increased frequency of the bursts of anger and what could happen).

Eventually the lid had to come off, and it did almost causing me to kill a friend of mine. It was around the age of 15 that I met my now best friend, and his family. My best friend and I were obsessed at the time with becoming the strongest we could possibly be (both kids who were bullied but for polarizing reasons) and as such we would often fight each other to practice various martial arts techniques etc..

One day his younger brother joined us for one of our "fights" and opted to fight me. Not wanting to look like a coward I agreed and on we went. During the fight he kept doing what I call hit and run moves, where you hit a person than immediately dodge their incoming attack causing extreme frustration to the person your doing it to. Needless to say , I got pissed off..once this happened, within seconds I had my friends brother by the throat, punched him in the face which knocked him to the ground and immediately began trying to beat him up uncontrollably. My best friend seeing this immediately jumped on me and managed to pull me off but what he saw he will never forget. From what he told me, my eyes were black as coal and there was no consciousness, no humanity left in me at that point. He had to hold me down with all his strength for a few minutes until I calmed down.

Once I calmed down he asked what happened, and I dodged the question..although since then he and I have had the strangest paranormal experiences possible..that moment sort of opened the door to the other side in our minds.

Getting back on topic, more years go by and the frequency of these possessions is getting worse, but by this point I'm realizing that whatever it is, it's feeding off of all my pain and anger and utter misery. Sorry btw that I'm kind of skipping certain points in my life but I'm trying to keep this to the more important moments when I came into contact with this possession.

Moving further along..Meditation became very instrumental in learning how to control my emotions and when I meditated deep enough I found out what it was that was inside me..and it recognized that I saw what it was. Once this recognition occurred between "it" and me, things began to occur not only within myself but outwardly, for instance I and others would see shadow people or very dark presences around me even when I was emotionally stable. This is what happens when you give it attention , you allow it access to come into our world , or plane of existence if you will.

As I began to get better and better with my meditation, this being realized that there was some potential for more than just random moments of violence to exert it's influence, and so stupidly, I allowed myself to become one with this being in order to gain the power to exert my influence over those who treated me like # for so many years.

At this point I'm not going to say all the "powers" I gained but one I used frequently was to enter a persons dream state and cause them to have nightmares if you will but the type that leave a mental scar in your mind. Also I very much enjoyed stealing peoples energy or pushing negative energy into people to make them sick or "curse" them. I was taking my revenge on a world that never did # for me, at least that's how I viewed my crusade.

Our bond grew stronger, and eventually we were one and the same. People around me noticed something was not right, I was often pleased at the pain and suffering of others, opting to cause it for my own sick pleasure if I could. Btw I just got déjà vu of writing this thread..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join