It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously...What would happen if a nuke went off in DC?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think I had
a quasi discussion
about the same topic
some time long ago
while pixelated

I said I would
wrap myself in Tin Foil
then bury myself
under a thin layer
of top soil

only to be discovered later
a human baked potato
edit on 2/19/2015 by spoonbender because: pixelated now

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is the inherit weakness of democracy , cant expect to limit others liberties and justice without risk to your own.
war on extremism will only create more extremists.
I would bet 'extremists' would much rather be left alone than accumulate the means to bomb a major city
Have we not learned anything over the past decade in the ME?
still doing the same thing over expecting a different result.

edit on 19-2-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I doubt if they would target DC. They want the people to suffer, they don't want the politicians to lose power. It would be like solving a problem, once you solve it you are not needed anymore to solve it. Your services aren't needed anymore.

So they will target New York or LA or something like that, not where they will jeopardize their future and not be able to bitch about the government here anymore. They enjoy the game and don't want it to end.

A really good point Ricky, but I'll go for the symbolism too.
You'd probably agree the Twin Towers were attacked because
they represented the western financial community and
Wall Street too.. sure got a lot of hackles up instead of doing
hypothetically the UN building maybe? But to a degree I can't
believe the government would be hobbled at all.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I don't understand why so many people think martial law would be enacted nationwide.

Unless society broke down and people everywhere were going nuts, there would be no need for martial law.

The remaining government would get on TV to tell us that the U.S. is still strong, urge people not to panic, they'd hold hands and sing songs, then they'd tell us that they're going to find out who's responsible and tell everyone to keep going to work and living life like normal.

The remaining government would blame whichever group they want to attack and the wave of patriotism would cause a surge in military recruitment. The remaining government would draw up a piss-poor attack plan and send thousands of proud young Americans to be mangled and/or die for some ultra-rich assholes' agenda. A few years into the war, we'd all figure out that whoever we attacked wasn't actually responsible for the nuke.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Great thread OP! Straight to the point...I think Americans would fear for their lives and anarchy or rioting and looting would commence. What would you do? I would most certainly think another nuke was about to drop. Phone lines would be going off the hook, everyone would be online, or turning on their television. Everyone would flood to the grocery stores, gun stores, hardware stores, gas stations, you name it for survival.

There would be a major panic across America and most places in the world too. The major focus would be the area that was attacked. Whatever the clean up, search and rescue, evacuation process would take place first. All the rest of the country would be in fear mode. Eventually the police and all armed forces in all parts of the country would be traveling through each street and neighborhood with spotlights and megaphones declaring curfew and marshall law would begin eventually.

Who knows, maybe parts of the country won't be in panic, maybe the west coast doesn't go into Marshall Law. I'm not exactly sure, I'm sure there is protocol to read on the web. There's the fireman's guide which has a section on Alien invasion, so I'm sure nuclear attack is somewhere.

In fact, didn't schools in the 50's or 60's have nuclear drills?

Now is the thread supposed to be what would our next steps be for war? Or is this thread a future scenario where all of our politicians and White House members are dead?

If our country was devastated by nuclear war, I would say society would fall apart. It would lead to an Escape from New York era for humanity. There would be other world leaders coming to America to take over, but I bet those leaders would agree to leave the USA a wasteland.

Do you think our enemies would rebuild America? Maybe re-name the country?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Well, honestly....I think we would take over the world pinky.

Our allies would have to show their stuff and we would become the conquering force of the world. Forget world police....we would become the world dictators and anyone with a problem with that would have to fight to say different.

Or maybe WW3 if a formal nation was even remotely involved

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

originally posted by: iDope
There has not been a war on our soil since the Revolutionary war that was between another country.

War of 1812. DC was sacked by the British.
In WWII part of the Alaskan archipelago was invaded by Japan.

Alaska was not a state until 1959, but it was a territory in 1912, still not really considered an attack on the U.S. Plus some little s#it island probably unknown to the U.S. at the time doesn't really mean anything in war games, just a little poke by the Japanese since it is the closest island to them that they could do anything to. But I admit I forgot about the war of 1812, as it was fairly insignificant and was mostly faught at sea. But it did give the borders between U.S. and Canada. Even though the British started the war due to Americas expansion, it was short lived and only a few thousand died. Thats like a month on the streets in Chicago nowadays with no war. Plus, there are only 22 countries in the entire world that British did not Invade, lol, that is ridiculous. And they see the U.s as war mongering fools.

Obviously you picked the most insignificant points I was trying to make in my statement. The closest invasion was 200 years ago on the contiguous states, so if merely 15 years after the most significant bill was passed to liit our rights for the sake of privacy, most significant war spending in history, most significant debt causing in history, etc, all related to the military and foreign s#it policy that a highschooler could negotiate better, but the U.S. has every corporation up their ass paying them to make decisions noone else wants them to make, which is not a democracy. The Government will fall, and it will be within 10 years from today. The Euro will fall as well, There will be no country unharmed by the fall of the U.S. government.
edit on 19-2-2015 by iDope because: additional corrections

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: all2human
Can't even imagine it happening.

You can't? And yet THIS is exactly what extremists are working towards, tirelessly. One good knockout punch right in the heart of the Great Satan. It seems they will not rest until it is done, despite the utter hell on earth that might follow. When a collective of men, any men, pursue goals- it may take them many years- but eventually they will accomplish those goals. I not only imagine this happening, but see it just as a matter of time before it DOES happen.

Not to sound rude ( Honestly ) Where have you obtained this information ? Sounds like the MSM.
I would suggest there are very few in Gov who really know what is going on. Additionally
I also, do not see this scenario as even a remote possibility. Alleged suit-case nukes have been around
for, for what ? Two decades. The people that would like one or two have tons of money and plenty of
contacts that deal with these sort of things. Haven't seen one used yet. And a dirty bomb would have
a minimal effect.

OP - I'd be willing to live by candle light, just knowing the current slime balls in Congress are now lumps of soot.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Pretty sure ET would say...."Dare you to set one off again"

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dazbog

originally posted by: all2human
Can't even imagine it happening.

You can't? And yet THIS is exactly what extremists are working towards, tirelessly. One good knockout punch right in the heart of the Great Satan. It seems they will not rest until it is done, despite the utter hell on earth that might follow. When a collective of men, any men, pursue goals- it may take them many years- but eventually they will accomplish those goals. I not only imagine this happening, but see it just as a matter of time before it DOES happen.

Not to sound rude ( Honestly ) Where have you obtained this information ? Sounds like the MSM.
I would suggest there are very few in Gov who really know what is going on. Additionally
I also, do not see this scenario as even a remote possibility. Alleged suit-case nukes have been around
for, for what ? Two decades. The people that would like one or two have tons of money and plenty of
contacts that deal with these sort of things. Haven't seen one used yet. And a dirty bomb would have
a minimal effect.

OP - I'd be willing to live by candle light, just knowing the current slime balls in Congress are now lumps of soot.

A perversely happy visual Daz... quite reminiscent of Sir Ralph Richardson
doing the Supreme Being in TimeBandits for your last sentence.
"Don't touch that, it's concentrated evil." Why would I believe that
somehow, as if incineration rendered most of these clowns no less toxic.

Back to the thread if I can blow dry the coffee out from 'twixt the querty--
how much and how many of the slimeballs will receive advance notice of
the decimation? If I recall correctly the Joint Chiefs and almost all the
WTC employees from certain sensitive firms were anonymously warned
not to show up on 9/11 -- or get on a plane.

It makes me wonder finally how many of the people that would be
sacrificed for the war drum set would be the slimeless ones?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Obama would blame ISRAEL or American Veterans would be blamed.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

You know

United States of America has created directly and indirectly so many enemies, I am surprised no one yet attacked in any creative way

9/11 doesn't count, just take a look at building 7

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505

You know

United States of America has created directly and indirectly so many enemies, I am surprised no one yet attacked in any creative way

9/11 doesn't count, just take a look at building 7

Directly? create enemies, so did the Dutch, the English, the Spanish, the French (spice trade colonialism) so did the Saudi's (weapons trades). I can only wonder/ponder what would happen if ISIS (really determined to start a true global Jihad) attacks China or North Korea, bait China? NO. I can see the wraith entailed now. Isis would not dare engage China in conflict. Numbers will come into play and squash this once and for all.
edit on 20-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
With DC gone, America would be relieved of a massive economic strain. Possibly leading to a new golden age for the west.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Good thread TA, all serious things to ponder.

I really believe that if a nuke went off in DC by ISIS, (or some group like them) it would be a very difficult scenario to react to/respond to. If ANY nuke went off anywhere in the world during this current day and age, I do think it would change things for a very long time. But if it were from a group like ISIS on U.S. soil, what country would we nuke back? It would be 9-11 x100 and we would obviously send hundreds of thousands of troops, most likely to the middle east again, or just say screw it and nuke a large portion of the ME back, still not entirely eradicating the problem. I believe Americans would support immediate action, but the first question would be where to act??

I'm sure whatever remnants that were left of the government/cia, would come up with something...I would just hope it wouldn't be another 10 years of soldiers in Afghanistan or Iraq again because that obviously didn't work out..

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

...Or any other American city for that matter? With so many terrorist threats coming from all sides here lately, and Putin on the loose, I raise the question for some well thought out answers... Not just cute, one liner jokes in return.

Scenario: ISIS finds a way somehow, maybe through Mexico and our nice open, porous border- to get a small nuke, say 30 KT yield or so, and smuggles it into DC- right when Congress is in session.

Following this scenario it would cause isil more harm. Harm not only because some from USA would be more destined to eliminate them because of the attack. But because of the CONTROLLED money overseen associated with the borders. And how that Overseen controlled money would be more affected and limited do to more International legal scrutiny at the borders...
Not much heard about isil activity in South as well as Central AMERICA and MEXICO (wonder why)

It goes off and takes out most of our lawmakers with it, and kills say 100,000 people. NSPD-51 goes into effect? Martial law immediately? All of Mecca nuked? What will be the retribution for such an atrocity? Do you think Obama would still not see ISIS as a threat? (haha).

If this happened 1 would think the nuclear material would be traced to a location(s) and there may be a responses to that/those location(s) where the nuclear material came from.

I just wonder if life as we knew it would be forever changed. I wonder how far the government would go in this case to further snatch any remnants of liberty in this country. Would they try to lock down the internet? And how would the states deal with extended, months long curfews and such during a martial law scenario? Lots of people would lose their jobs. When I really get to thinking about it, it seems something like that could tear this country apart at the seams in the longer term of just a year or less, due to the rippling effects it would have.

1 thinks it would be a more global issue and response that would be affecting many beyond the USA, TrueAmerican.

And the average American clamoring for blood and revenge would be deafening. If that nuke was traced to Pakistan, for instance, do you think they'd seriously level that country? Would they finally bomb Saudi Arabia , and oil be damned? I mean there are so many things that could happen in a case like this, it is scary to think about. How would Russia react to the US using tactical nukes- or even- strategic nukes on Syria in revenge?

THIS IS WHY THE NON EXISTENT HIDDEN LIKE WATER IN A WELL
BLK TRIANGLES AND MAYBE OLD DISC DESIGNS AND OTHER ADVANCED MILITARY TECHNOLOGY IS NOT USED ON ISIL LIKE TARGETS.
Because if there was an Event as shared in your op, when they are brought out to RESPOND to the global threat they would be shocking to those who basically overlooked the integrity of those in possession of them as they allowed isil opportunity to purchase from these potential locations the nuclear materials...

However some limited drone and all seeing advanced tech may already be being implemented and tested on the smaller isil like threats.

I mean seriously folks, if something like that happened, it really COULD trigger WW3. And I believe those radical extremists aren't going to stop until they bring literal hell upon themselves by doing something exactly like this. It could happen. In our lifetimes.

1 does not think isil and its connections have assessed fully the technological potential of the planet EA*RTH...
Nor how much HUMANS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO DESTROY THIS PLANET OR ITS OTHER EXISTING INHABITANTS and so perhaps its set up like that with so many conspiracy causing secrets to protect some who don't know they are protected.
Does 1 think they isil and their interest are willing to disrupt the overseers of the CONTROLLED money associated with MEXICO? No. Overseers who maybe directly interconnected with isil and there interest money... Which signifies they do have financial roots and interest they do not want interrupted or interfered with.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

Pretty sure ET would say...."Dare you to set one off again"

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
War.. Brutal total unimaginable war.

I'm not talking world War.. I'm talking mongols surround the city... Surrender or everybody dies kind of war.

We are still a very war like nation and when we feel unjustly attacked we revert to kill them all quickly.

And for the people that like to look down there noses at us, remember we are still a relatively new country that has been at war for most of its existence.

Most European countries did the same thing or worse in their early days.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Bioweapons offensive against outliers would be particularly effective, without meds or proper sanitation that a state could offer.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Good post TA , while not an American it would still affect my country (Australia) although i am sure not to the same extent as we would not have been nuked , well not in the first attack anyway . Our turn might come later . However the big problem i see is that for any group to do this the nuke most likely will be bought on the black market . Has not Russia been rumoured more than once to have "lost" a nuke . So one goes off and it has Russia written all over it , what would you do . Common sense tells you that it wasn't Russia and i am sure they would quickly point out it was one that they "misplaced" . In fact all countries would be on the phone real quick to say it was not them .Hell even Iran and NK would be begging for you to come over and check that it was not them . Isis is not going to build one anytime soon nor Al-Qaeda for that matter but they can always buy one . So where do you go , how do you retaliate . You don't , well not straight away , this is where i have hope for the world . If something like this were to happen i believe most every nation in the world would throw every resource they can drag up to find out who was responsible , to not know who was behind it would leave the world in a most untenable situation , the world as a whole has to find out period . As to how it would affect you , you will be stunned but it would be no where near a knock out punch . No country will try to take advantage in fact i believe it will be quite the opposite . America would recover and quite quickly i believe . Japan had a couple of run ins with unexpected nukes and they are doing quite nicely now . Lets just hope it never happens .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join