It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Ad Pulled from O Magazine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Baby steps. Baby steps. But a win nonetheless. A case where a petition actually made a difference and got a Monsanto ad pulled from a national magazine. [Source]

And on the negative side...Monsanto Inches Closer To Biggest Biotech Launch In Company’s History

To counter a “super weed” epidemic plaguing farmers, agribusiness giant Monsanto is steadily moving forward on the introduction of its next major wave of genetically engineered crops.

But – citing environmental and sustainability concerns – critics argue that step forward is actually a substantial leap back.

Similar to bacteria that have adapted to frequently used antibiotics over time, super weeds have gained immunity to herbicides. Weed scientists estimate there are more than 400 different herbicide-resistant weeds around the world. Resistant weeds hurt crops by competing for sunlight and nutrients.

St. Louis-based Monsanto’s biotechnology team has been working for nearly a decade on two new soybean and cotton varieties designed to withstand dicamba – an infrequently used herbicide that weeds have not caught up with yet.

Yes, lets mess with bacteria and see what happens. With all creatures of the Earth, including humans, as the guinea pigs.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I saw a television commercial from Monsanto the other day talking about how good they are for the environment and sustainability. It almost made me lose my lunch. They are the poster child for an evil corporation.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Then don't grow outside. We have skyscrappers right? Wouldn't the serface area be as large as multipul akers of farm land but with hydroponic water consumption could be reduced by 40%.

it may even be possible to modify a skycrapper to have refracting mirrors to amplify the interior lighting.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
growing outside in most places is seasonal. We should adapt to an interior agricultural society. Just my oppinion carry on.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Monsanto should do a Super Size Me where their executives all eat nothing but their own GMO crops for a year.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Comments disabled. Gee wonder why....

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I just read yesterday how people in Argentina are getting sick from eating Veg which is being sprayed with chemicals from 'Monsanto'...

Why are 'Monsanto' still out there spraying?

Did they ever need to start spraying in the first place?

We never used to have GMO... why are they doing this?

Just let us eat natural food ffs

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I guess they're doing it for profit.

Argentina isn't the only place either.

Buy local. Grow your own, I guess. Honestly this is a plague.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Well i'm glad my 'Soya' Milk comes from the EU and isn't GMO.

top topics

join