It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you become nothing, does that make you sad?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
If it turns out we no longer exist in any way after we die, does this idea make you feel sad?

When I consider this idea, I feel a total acceptance. I won't be there to mourn. I won't have to endure eternity.

I don't understand what the big picture is when it comes to human existence. I think we go on after we die. I might be wrong.

Maybe when I get there, it will all make sense. Even eternity.

But I have no problem with the idea that I might become nothing after I die.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It would be nice if there is an afterlife, reincarnation, or whatever after we die here, but I can accept non-existence as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Live here and now. F**k what comes after.Your life is a journey, not a destination to a port to the afterlife. That cruise ship may not be there when you arrive.
Make the most of it.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

We do not know what happens after we die, however, it does not mean that we should not believe in our consciousness carrying-over to another form after death, it is irrational because it is rational to want to continue to exist.

If belief is the key, then perhaps those that do not believe will actually die, as they have implicitly "chosen" not to exist anymore.

If it were the "truth" then in my mind, and I hate to say this, it would be no different than simply going to sleep, except for the cognitive fact that you are aware that you will wake up again.
edit on 19-2-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

That is one of the biggest questions. I don't have the answer.

To be honest it has made me a little sad at times, but it also makes me push myself to live for the day and cherish what I have.

If there isn't anything that carries on after then we will not know and it and will not be felt so there is nothing to fear anyway nor long for. (it is what it is)

If there is then that will be a new adventure either way what we have is now and we shouldn't squander it.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It's quite obvious what happens to us when we die. There are many cadaver farms that offer information and media proving this fact if one was interested in viewing the exact process. We have been burying the dead for God knows how long. What more evidence do we need?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I think you are too focused on the physical.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I think you are too focused on the physical.

What are you focused on?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I am focused on reality.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I am focused on reality.

What part of it?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

All of it.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

All of it.

And what part of it is not physical?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It would make this life pointless. If all of our experiences, joys and relationships all are lost to 'nothing' then the whole dance was meaningless. Why not just put a bullet in your head and cease to be?

Personally, I firmly believe in God, Karma and Reincarnation.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It would make this life pointless. If all of our experiences, joys and relationships all are lost to 'nothing' then the whole dance was meaningless. Why not just put a bullet in your head and cease to be?

Because then there would be nothing. No one in their right mind would trade something for nothing.

If anything, an afterlife, or reincarnation is more reason to put a bullet in the head, simply for the fact that it would get you there a lot quicker.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
We'll all find out eventually.
I remain open.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I look at it from a Taoist perspective which I consider spiritual rather than religious. I am already nothing. If nothing remains of me then nothing has changed. Works out perfectly.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Somehow, I found solace in the exercise of envisioning your own dead corpse and watching it decompose until you are convinced that the thing that was there was not you.
edit on 19-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Let me ask you something...

In a universe that is incomprehensible in its vastness; magically creates your body on a complex planet that orbits a gigantic fireball, spiraling an enormously-humongous galaxy...

And your a slave to some bankers posing as elite.because a clever idea of money creating a perpetual human fueled system.

THAT, is sad.

But your sitting here not experiencing your true and maximum potential, contomplating if you have a life after your body ceases or not.

Seems counter productive my friend. But to his own I guess...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
@If you become nothing, does that make you sad?
No, for if ALL* Created are forms of CREATOR ENERGY then though there may be metaphysical & physical changes during transition phases during the Life and Death phases within EXISTENCE (as there were in the past) the Energy STILL exist Aware or not...

In physics, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant—it is said to be conserved over time. Energy can be neither created nor be destroyed, but it can change form, for instance chemical energy can be converted to kinetic energy in the explosion of a stick of dynamite.

en.wikipedia.org...

So how can CREATOR Creation Energy be nothing when its already and always been something?

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Personally, I firmly believe in God, Karma and Reincarnation.

I don't understand the rationale behind this kind of thinking. To me it seems like the opposite of what you are saying here. All your experiences and highs and lows of life are no more lost to nothing when you die than they are already anyway. All you have is the ever changing now. So what you do "Now" is what matters. In fact that is why living life to the fullest while you can is so important.

It has meaning because it isn't forever. What would be pointless is life without end.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join