It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking About The Higher Self/God As Yourself

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Its everything you dream you can be.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

Do you mean that in a metaphysical sense? That dreams have some ultimate bearing on your "self" in some greater reality, or at least a reality thereafter?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

If you can imagine exactly what you want to be, if you can create a version of yourself in your own dreams that you aspire to become, then to actualise that would be to realise your higher self.

Most of us want "things" but some of us want to have abilities, they want to "be somebody" and to think in terms of what you want your capabilities to be as a being, is to focus on yourself like you are working on what you are and what you want to become.
edit on 21-2-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

So then you mean it in a psychological sense?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
Its everything you dream you can be.

If you can imagine exactly what you want to be, if you can create a version of yourself in your own dreams that you aspire to become, then to actualise that would be to realise your higher self.

Who or what is it that is able to dream? What is the dream made of?
'We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.' William Shakespeare.

Seeking to 'become' something or someone is what keeps the illusion that you are not All That Is already.

Most of us want "things" but some of us want to have abilities, they want to "be somebody" and to think in terms of what you want your capabilities to be as a being, is to focus on yourself like you are working on what you are and what you want to become.

The individual seeks 'things' because he believes there are 'things'. To want to 'become' is not realizing that you ARE - To be or not to be? That is the question.

Because there are concepts like 'future' there is an idea (concept) that it takes time to be complete, to fill up and become something more.

The 'higher self' (if that's what it is being named) is not somewhere else or somewhen else - it is the dreamer of the dream - and the dream and the dreamer are not separate - they are not two things.

edit on 21-2-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I mean that you will be happy with what you are and what you are made of, literally, to turn a dream in to a reality.

Take all the things about yourself that you wish that you could change, and then imagine that you are exactly what you want to be - this is possible when you dream, and it is our sense of imagination that allows us to do this, our "higher selves" exist in a perfect world, where we can all have what we want.

To actually do this, in reality, is to become that higher self, whether it be in this life or another existence entirely, we have all of eternity to work on ourselves.

It is called attaining "completion".

Without the ability to dream and to imagine, we would not be able to know that there can be more to ourselves than what exists already.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

In terms of being all that is, all that is does not remain the same - there are always new events occuring, and when something new happens, "all that is" changes.

Thus time does exist, without it nothing would occur at all.

The desire to be different is not such a bad thing, of course in the ultimate sense we are awareness, but what exactly makes us separate from one and other?

The answer, is that when you know something that the "whole" does not, then you own a slice of your own reality - the world of your dreams for instance.

This occurs with original thoughts and actions, "new events" in space and time.

An entity exists independently from the whole, something you are generally not told is that there are beings that exist in their own right, and that it is not always the case that we return to the source.

What you are also not being told is that it actually is possible to have what you desire, although desires are the cause of much suffering, once you have what you truly desire, then you will desire no more...

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be something different, we must escape the box that we are just humanoids with brains and bodies, there are so many fantastic kinds of entities that exist, some of them have abilities that they have earned such as teleporting and instant materialisation and manipulation of physical objects.

Literally, some of them can go cruising about the universe doing as they please, and they have a constant sense of contentment because they love themselves.

For example, again, it is a myth that we cannot take our possessions with us, there are beings that have their own "space" inside of themselves, and they can literally materialise objects that they own, so, they might own a car, and they can literally manifest that car and drive it around whenever they want to, and they can't lose it because it is apart of themselves.

When we aspire to have such talents, what we imagine ourselves as can be attained, and it takes time, and it takes work.

The key is that, and many know this, is that anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I mean in terms of what you are as a being.
You are not 'a' being. You are being all that is.

There are many different kinds of beings that exist, and if you realise yourself as an entity, you will attain completion.
You are not a separate 'entity'. You are the dreamer of all that appears. The dream and the dreamer is what there is - there is nothing other so there is nothing to complete - the dream and the dreamer is the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

In terms of being all that is, all that is does not remain the same - there are always new events occuring, and when something new happens, "all that is" changes.

Thus time does exist, without it nothing would occur at all.

What is the common denominator in your experience? You. You are always present and the appearance that you witness is constantly changing.
It is like you are the tv screen that never moves (is always there but gets overlooked) but the image on it is moving.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

You are referring to the realisation that consciousness is eternal and also the ultimate sense of what "you" or "I" am - I am referring to it in the general sense - what we are made of physically and spiritually, what our attributes and abilities are, and the things that we have achieved.

I understand what it means to be "one" as well, I have been following a practice of contemplation for about the last ten years, and I have had countless "epiphanies" during that time, so I do understand the ultimate nature of the self, however I have also realised that there are levels beyond the simple realisation of "all that is" - it is really the starting point on a long journey, it is the "foundation" itself, a stable state of awareness that does not change in response to thoughts or emotions.

The thing that still remains is the dream, and you have to face it, there are many things that we dream of not just for ourselves but for this world that we live upon.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

............. however I have also realised that there are levels beyond the simple realisation of "all that is" - it is really the starting point on a long journey.

Lots to do to keep you busy then!!
What is there beyond 'All that Is'? Seems like if one realized 'All that Is', it would be the end of seeking for more?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

The thing that still remains is the dream, and you have to face it, there are many things that we dream of not just for ourselves but for this world that we live upon.

Instead of dreaming of what is not happening why not just see the dream that is actually happening.
What can you see with your eyes and hear with your ears? Come to your senses.

The 'world' is a concept, an idea made of mostly news seen on the tv. What is real, what is reality, is feeling, is sensing.

edit on 21-2-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

our "higher selves" exist in a perfect world, where we can all have what we want.

I'd like to believe that. Truly I do. I simply see no evidence for it.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Do not be deceived by the material illusion, we are spiritual beings. Look at how twisted society has always been, it is the perpetuation of a lie that we must realize, and then escape. How to escape? A good way to start is by fasting (abstain from food, but drink water), this naturally releases your material anchor. This is why Buddha reached enlightenment after 49 days of fasting, and also why Jesus was granted limitless power after 40 days of fasting. The body is like an incubation vessel for spirit. We are currently caterpillars and have the potential to become butterflies. Those who are too ensnared with their life as a caterpillar (99.999% of people), die as caterpillars. This is the "Son of Man" described in the bible, it is literally that which can be birthed from the human; a spiritual, immortal offspring.

"Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you." (John 6:27)

“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man entering his kingdom” (Matthew 16:28).

“No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man” (John 3:13)

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit”
(John 3:4-6)

Anyway, if you detest Christianity I have probably lost your attention by now. Just consider it. Keep seeking and you will find.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

You are referring to the realisation that consciousness is eternal and also the ultimate sense of what "you" or "I" am - I am referring to it in the general sense - what we are made of physically and spiritually, what our attributes and abilities are, and the things that we have achieved.

I understand what it means to be "one" as well, I have been following a practice of contemplation for about the last ten years, and I have had countless "epiphanies" during that time, so I do understand the ultimate nature of the self, however I have also realised that there are levels beyond the simple realisation of "all that is" - it is really the starting point on a long journey, it is the "foundation" itself, a stable state of awareness that does not change in response to thoughts or emotions.

Yes the higher self is supposed to be the part of ourselves that is in tune with god, I just wonder why there is a disconnect between the final goal and our physical fleshy forms.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The Subconscious is the aspect of self that oversees life, body, mechanisms, but also, connects with the Spiritual. And our pineal, senses, are involved as we came into this dark pit with a bungee cord. But we need to allign ourselves, ie toe into the platform of being on par with our Higher Self or Spiritual, Love/Goodness/Kindness, Master the Body Suit and its impulses and anger and greed. Push past boundaries to understand others, forgive and equalize, but uphold freedoms. These things allign frequency match so you're dialing the right number on the pineal cell phone to Family and Higher Self, and even Source, or what we call God/Goodness/Tao of Love.

Higher Self is advanced progressed infinite self and we can be one of 2 things in relation to Higher Self. We can be a fractal, a seed growing to maturity and progressed self ourselves, or an aspect projection of self. So sometimes Higher Self is yourself, as in a friends nde where he merged with himself and when he was sent back, felt like a sliver of himself as if he wasn't fully there. On the other hand, if one is a seed maturing, then Higher Self is akin to Parent. And this is how Spiritually, children are created. Not just corporally.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The Higher Self of man is, in other words, an entity which sends one ninth of itself into a human body, becoming the person’s Astral being. Other physical bodies are inhabited, similarly, by other ninths of the same Higher Self and yet each part remains integral to the central entity.

I found this to be relavent and interesting, like a split of various bodies.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
The Subconscious is the aspect of self that oversees life, body, mechanisms, but also, connects with the Spiritual. And our pineal, senses, are involved as we came into this dark pit with a bungee cord. But we need to allign ourselves, ie toe into the platform of being on par with our Higher Self or Spiritual, Love/Goodness/Kindness, Master the Body Suit and its impulses and anger and greed. Push past boundaries to understand others, forgive and equalize, but uphold freedoms. These things allign frequency match so you're dialing the right number on the pineal cell phone to Family and Higher Self, and even Source, or what we call God/Goodness/Tao of Love.

Higher Self is advanced progressed infinite self and we can be one of 2 things in relation to Higher Self. We can be a fractal, a seed growing to maturity and progressed self ourselves, or an aspect projection of self. So sometimes Higher Self is yourself, as in a friends nde where he merged with himself and when he was sent back, felt like a sliver of himself as if he wasn't fully there. On the other hand, if one is a seed maturing, then Higher Self is akin to Parent. And this is how Spiritually, children are created. Not just corporally.

Could the higher self be all things combined into a single counsiousness likened to a singularity of existance where there is no duality. . . .

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I was having a conversation with a blue being in a dream and it dawned on me it could have just been my own mental version of my higher self. . . . .

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

That was truly beautiful. 🌹
I would have given it a different name. Not god or higher self, but collective conscience, because it very offen just reflekts what i want to hear or see. But there is something higher than me yet to be found and if i could truly connect, there would be far less spiritual limitations.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join