It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking About The Higher Self/God As Yourself

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So this thread is all about discussion of god the higher self and its relationship with our physical forms. In this thread we should talk about the various methods of contacting the higher self, and its functionality.

We will talk about everyting dealing with the higher self and god:
Please talk about your own experiences with the Higher self and god.
Talk about incarnations the higher self/god may have for us.
Talk about the higher self /god as described by saints and religions.
Talk about the higher self /god and what you think it is.
Talk about anything haveing anything to do with the higher self/god.

in5d.com...
The Higher Self is that part of you that connects you directly to the spiritual realms. It is eternal, infinitely wise and transcends our everyday consciousness. It is in touch with the Divine because it is part of it. Attaining knowledge of the Higher Self, and its depths of inner wisdom, is the goal of the spiritual question in all its many guises.

Each of us is connected with the Divine. The Higher Self within us far transcends the understanding of our conscious minds. This is the power that all the great geniuses and teachers of history have accessed. It is also the place of magic and miracle in our lives. Here are the steps to contact it:

1. Belief & Expectation
The first step is to BELIEVE that you have a Higher Self to establish communication with! Then EXPECT every day that this communication will improve as you focus diligently on inner growth. Without these two essential prerequisites, it is hard to achieve anything at all in life, even on the physical level. For inner growth, these two qualities are essential. So set a GOAL to achieve contact with the Higher Self, review that goal daily, and maintain your purpose with determination until success is yours.

2. Transform Your World View
We are brought up with a primarily materialistic world view that neglects the role of Spirit. To establish close contact with spiritual realms, we need to have our entire being – conscious and subconscious – congruent with our goal. In any major activity/goal, you have to establish the rules of the game and the way it is played. Contacting your Higher Self is the same. Therefore, seek out writings and teachers that expand your understanding of the universe as fundamentally being a realm of Consciousness and Mind.

3. Solitude
Make regular time for yourself where you can be totally alone. A quiet place is preferable. Just sit quietly with no expectations. Do NOTHING. This may feel very uncomfortable and strange in the beginning. Persist. You give time and space for the inner voice to make itself heard. It will do so either during that quiet time, or else during the events of the day. A synchronistic event will occur; someone will tell you exactly what you need to hear; you will get a sudden flash of insight. All the great geniuses of history have found times of regular solitude and silence for themselves. You should too.

4. Meditation
In meditation, you work to discipline your mind and silence the internal chatter that constantly fill it. You create a pure vessel for the Higher Self to fill. Following your breath is an excellent meditation discipline, as is concentrating upon a candle flame. Or visualize a golden ball of light in your Solar Plexus that fills your whole body with energy and healing. There are many practices that you can study and use.

5. Journal
Record your feelings, emotions, dreams and insights every day in a journal. This will help you to come into closer contact with your inner intuitive depths. You can ask the Higher Self questions here, and then later on record whatever insights/answers you receive. If you do this regularly with belief and expectation, you WILL receive the answers you need.

6. Inner Dialogue
Conduct a regular inner dialogue with your Higher Self. For the next 40 days, decide to keep in contact throughout the day. Say to your Higher Self, “I know you are there and I want to get to know you and pay attention to you. Please begin to speak to me and guide my life” Don’t worry if this dialogue is entirely one-way to begin with. Remember that you have been out of touch for decades. It takes a while to clear the cobwebs! Persist with this inner dialogue as if talking to a friend – chatting, asking questions, sharing your hopes – and begin to listen for answers. They will come.

7. Life Lessons
Look upon life as a Mystery School. Believe that the whole of your life – events, situations and people – has been structured PRECISELY in order to teach you exactly what you need to know right now. Approach life as if the whole of creation is conspiring to do you good! Whenever something happens in your life, for good or ill, ask yourself what the lesson is for you. Even unpleasant people/situations have been deliberately placed there as a challenge to help you grow. As you begin to view life as a drama in which you play the starring role, the role of the Higher Self will become increasingly evident in your life. Record your findings in your journal.

8. Dreams
Expect your Higher Self to speak to you in dreams. Before going to sleep, do some stretching and bending to relax your body completely. Ask your Higher Self a question and expect an answer. When you wake up, recall whatever you can of your dream and write it down in your journal. If you are not used to remembering dreams, this will take time and persistence. However, with patience, you will begin to recall your dreams AND receive answers from your Higher Self.

9. Mindfulness
Focus upon living more and more in the present, on the NOW. When you are eating, be aware that you are eating. When you walk, know that you are walking. The only real moment is now – the past is gone forever and the future has yet to be. Therefore, work to clear your mind of concerns, illusions and extrapolations. Clear the mental clutter from the mind and create space for the Higher Self to fill.

10. Patience!
Remember, you may have spent your entire life out of touch with Source. Therefore, it takes time to learn how to re- establish contact. Anything worth doing takes time and practice. Be vigilant and practise these steps every day and you will receive the answers you need. Remember: The Higher Self WANTS to be in contact. In fact, to even speak of it as someone apart from you is contradictory. The Higher Self IS you! The real you. So get in touch with YOU!

edit on 18-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

In every meditation practice I was ever part
of; every yoga system / group I participated
in,

all these sorts of perceptions were considered
to be self-delusion and it was demanded
that the student ignore them, on a
permanent basis.

In Kundaluni Yoga if you don't strictly
follow this advice, the adherent universally
goes insane, generally for decades...and
often dies.

Now in super lightweight traditions
without any 'meat' whatsoever, this
advice can be ignored.

As far as I know this general advice
is more than 5000 years old.

Kev

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I started from a feeble bacteria that was on a lump of crap, to this complex life form.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
I started from a feeble bacteria that was on a lump of crap, to this complex life form.

Actually didn't the Archaea domain of
life precede the Eukaryotic domain?

You big boaster you! Too good for the
rest of us with your princely
origination claim!

👍

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I have no idea what you just said, but sure. I started out a hungry little crying bacterium, eating poop, then started growing, realizing I was destined for great and bigger things other then the lump of poo which gave me life.

Then one thing led to the other, me eating something or something eating me, lost count about the number of times it happened.

Now here I am, aware, but of what, Ill never kno.
edit on 18-2-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't have time to read all the conversations around this boundless concept. I do however have time to chime in!

God is a very limited three letter word that stems from the Germanic word "gott". Anyways words are limiting and have no power unless the speaker has active power in their voice (sound/word/vibration).

Higher self, god, over soul yaddya yaddya. . All is the same thing. There is no confusion, that all religions are war shipping the same thing. What is that thing, that all knowing creator thing?

The same field of energy that allowed dark matter to manifest into visible matter. Or, in other words, everything that is experienced via our 5 senses, as we are the observers, interactors, experiencers, students, teachers, and REASON for a universeal creation.

Your truest form of potential is pure energy, the thing that allows matter to BE, and to be experienced/ observed. What's the use of an (finite) universe, without observers or ones to experience the creation? Would seem useless if nothing we're aware of the universe!

We are god, in a down-spiraled form, experiencing, observing, interacting with the creation itself.

The reason people will dismiss this is because they are playing out the lowest forms of their consciousness, they are hooked on the external like a mosquito to a light... they can not believe they are more then their body because they have no proof, because they do not practise and use internal conscious and energy.

It's there for a reason, we are NOT dillusional or Satan enticed because we seek internal discovery and expansion/development. Though science and the church would like us believe otherwise..

Energy is the root of matter, what we call god, over soul, higher self, christ etc.. well energy is the essence of THAT.

But again, words are so limited, so I digress. . To find the thing that IS, go inside, simple as that

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Yah...was just talking genetics and the
Neodarwinian synthesis there - was
attempting 'science humor'.

But I like your honest and grounded
responses so I gave you stars.

Kev

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

they can not believe they are more then their body because they have no proof

What is the body really?

But again, words are so limited, so I digress. . To find the thing that IS, go inside, simple as that

If I am already the thing that is why do I have to go inside?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Many traditions suggest that spirituality
and religion are the most insidious and
delusional games of all.

(in ref to your remark about "why go inside")

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I had a profound mystical experience once after years of dedicated meditation. I suppose one could say it was reminiscent of 'Godhead' as described by some religions. However, it was a total dissolution of 'Self'. The 'Self' I think of as myself during my normal everyday states. So this 'Higher Self' in my experience isn't the 'Self' at all.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Many traditions suggest that spirituality
and religion are the most insidious and
delusional games of all.

(in ref to your remark about "why go inside")

'Look inside', or 'look within'...is a common phrase used, I wanted to have a little fun with it.

Hey, 'go inside' was the term used, that might be even better.

It's all good.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

For sure.

If there is anything more divine than humor
I've yet to find it. The more obsessed one is
with 'forms of the divine', the further away
one is from anything remotely real.

I'm not saying this as a skeptic btw.

Kev

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think the higher self is what we refer to as god, and could also be seen as the BIG BANG, or original creator of all things.

Your Higher Self is the spirit part of you that is said to ‘reside’ in the Ether (the non-physical realm). It’s your Divine spark. This part of you helps you to keep on track with your Life’s purpose and in touch with your passion and joy.

Is my Higher Self the same as my Soul?
Yes, it’s the part of you that has access to all the wisdom amassed over the course of the many lifetimes you’ve lived, past, present and future. Some people like to make a distinction between Higher Self, Spirit and Soul. I’m not sure how useful these distinctions are unless you’re God and you need to get technical about it.

What does my Higher Self do?
Your Higher Self is like a pure background consciousness that offers forth its wisdom and directions about where to go now. Sometimes these directions can take a while to come through into your mind consciousness. But, there are ways to access the wisdom of your Higher Self directly by bypassing the mind.

Your Higher Self is not ‘out there’ in the Ether. I want to put forward the idea that your Higher Self is you, your consciousness, in your body.

It’s you who set the course of your life and the things you came here to learn about before you even got here. It’s you whispering guidance to you about your highest path and purpose. It’s you who has your feelings in response to your thoughts, which create your reality. It’s you who set that up as a mechanism by which you could use those as spiritual feedback about where you’re headed in your life.

Am I ever separate from my Higher Self? I don’t feel connected to my Spirit.
You can sometimes be alienated from your Higher Self when you see yourself as an inferior being or when there are other beliefs you have which block you from the truth of who you are as a spirit.

Have you ever had that exciting feeling which tells you that you’re here to do great things? Have you ever had a humbling feeling that you’re someone really special, with a special perspective to bring? Those are background input from your Higher Self. We mostly drown out such input with our thoughts and our fears and when we listen to our fear, we feel disconnected from our spirit.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The father of us all is invisible yet shimmers in all, unmeasurable, undescribable. He is without all, yet within all. The word father does not even describe him well enough. Nor does the word God, supreme, originator or any other word for that matter. He is something more than all that.

What you are all calling higher-self and all that is us. That is our collective image of us, mirrored from him. And we are a double edged sword, we can be good(jesus if you will) or bad(satan if you will). That is us.

The ultimate father (the one I talked about first) made himself into father-mother-son(which is us). We are living as the son which has that double nature, good or bad and all the other pos-neg which derive from it. We live in our mother as children do in their mothers womb, the universe, which is a reflection of that three-fold nature of what we call god-head.

So it comes down to how we are supposed to live. Well, seek within to know yourself and find out what you know to be true. Be caring, true loving and compassionate, and nothing but that in your will, intention and actions(all your actions (thoughts, doings and words)). For as they say, we cannot serve two gods(those principles which we set above ourselves, we cannot be both good and evil).

Seek out care, true love and compassion for that is the only thing that matters in the world. All else is bonus and good sport, knowledge in sciences and other worldly stuff, wisdom and so on and so forth

Know thyself.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Body is nothing more than emptiness,
emptiness is nothing more than body.
The body is exactly empty,
and emptiness is exactly body.
The other four aspects of human existence --
feeling, thought, will, and consciousness --
are likewise nothing more than emptiness,
and emptiness nothing more than they.

All things are empty:
Nothing is born, nothing dies,
nothing is pure, nothing is stained,
nothing increases and nothing decreases.

So, in emptiness, there is no body,
no feeling, no thought,
no will, no consciousness.
There are no eyes, no ears,
no nose, no tongue,
no body, no mind.
There is no seeing, no hearing,
no smelling, no tasting,
no touching, no imagining.
There is nothing seen, nor heard,
nor smelled, nor tasted,
nor touched, nor imagined.

There is no ignorance,
and no end to ignorance.
There is no old age and death,
and no end to old age and death.
There is no suffering, no cause of suffering,
no end to suffering, no path to follow.
There is no attainment of wisdom,
and no wisdom to attain.

The Bodhisattvas rely on the Perfection of Wisdom,
and so with no delusions,
they feel no fear,
and have Nirvana here and now.

All the Buddhas,
past, present, and future,
rely on the Perfection of Wisdom,
and live in full enlightenment.

The Perfection of Wisdom is the greatest mantra.
It is the clearest mantra,
the highest mantra,
the mantra that removes all suffering.

This is truth that cannot be doubted.
Say it so:

Gaté,
gaté,
paragaté,
parasamgaté.
Bodhi!
Svaha!
Which means...
Gone,
gone,
gone over,
gone fully over.
Awakened!
So be it!

The Heart Sutra

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I hear the higher self speak when I am quiet in the mind. It sounds like my voice, but it speaks calmly, freely, and positively. I don't have to force words so I know it's not my normal thoughts. It just comes out so naturally when I allow it to.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I read a book a while back, not so deep or anything, but perhaps related to this thread. It was called 'The Daemon' by Anthony Peake. Anyway it was all about the inner daemon, guardian angel, non-temporal self’ sort of thing. Throw in some precognition, inner voice, schizophrenia…some anecdotal tales from history and up to the present day… and lets not forget temporal lobe epilepsy, migraine aura and our old friends split brains and hypnotism...etc. Not forgetting, science and neurology.

He is a successful author and has an interesting take on it. I have just realised that he has a series of You Tube videos taking you through the book.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Okay, so straight off the bat I can see this thread has the potential to divebomb into ambiguity and fluffy rainbows. That said, I can give you an example of my understanding of the Higher Self.

Firstly, I grew up an atheist, was asked to become a Satanist (refused), and eventually became a Christian - and despite my entry into a 'charismatic' type environment, the church was great, and really made you think out all the angles - I spent many happy and profitable hours reading CS Lewis to exercise my brain & reading Smith Wigglesworth to exercise my ambition in the faith (the second guy was a humble plumber from Bradford, North England, never got big-headed, looked after orphans, a total 'salt of the earth' bloke - but he was literally world-renowned for having a ministry where amazing things happened).

So naturally, you may at first think that I would weigh in here and condemn you all to the abyss for daring to believe in the Higher Self.

Firstly, I would never, ever, ever ask for anyone to be sent into the outer darkness. Period. Never.

Secondly, I have, over the past twelve years as a Christian, been shown some rather remarkable things through dreams & visions. One in particular stands out as relevant here, and it was almost indescribable, as it dealt with dimensional relativities that one simply can't put into words in ordinary 4D spacetime. I saw myself as having existed before, not in human form, but as someone who had many expressions, and was active in many spheres at more than one time, in more than one timeline, with the only visual representation possible being a tree. The tree of life. I was shown the connections, the spheres, the growth & spread of life experience, some sort of energy grid connecting the whole of me to the me that was currently aware of 'myself' - the absolute truth of what I was being shown was beyond question.

So, in combination with other snippets in various dreams, I do believe that there are more things in Heaven & Earth than are dreamt of in our philosophy. No matter how great the man, he can never encompass the possibilities - never let anyone say 'impossible'.

However, I would add, with all seriousness, that it's unadvisable to start considering yourself to be God with a capital 'g'. Yes, we are gods - that much is clear, in that we are able to comprehend the magnitude, the glory of creation, with self-awareness & the ability to create, to love, to enjoy. Made in the Image, seeing the wonders through a fogged mirror - if it's this beautiful when the vision is restrained, how wondrous would it be when the blinders come off?

There are many, many poor souls now trapped in delusion & recalcitrant in asylums who started down a darkened pathway by believing the premise of their own Deity in some way, shape or form.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Okay, so straight off the bat I can see this thread has the potential to divebomb into ambiguity and fluffy rainbows

Thank God you're here to clear everything up.

edit on 19-2-2015 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Our body is an organic computer. This computer needs a user, that user, or in this case observer, is our higher self, or God.

Want to test it out? Close your eyes and focus on your breathe, and nothing else. Put all your attention to your breathe. After a short time, your thinking will slow down. Once the thinking has slowed down, continue to attend to your breathing, and observe the thoughts that come into your mind. Ask your self why you are thinking these thoughts. This will help you discern your body, or ego, from the Divine Observer, or Higher Self, that is animating your being.

The observer that is observing the thoughts is your true self. The observer must always been in control in order to operate at optimal efficiency. On the contrary, we often let our body run the show, in alchemical lore this is called being consumed by the beast. You must tame the beast. Then you can begin to tap into your true potential with your Higher Self in the control seat.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join