It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hope of Hydrogen

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: noeltrotsky

So let me be sure I understand this.
There will NEVER be a way to travel faster than the speed of light.

Ah the drama! The irrelevant comparisons to completely unrelated topics! Gotta love the way people argue.

There will NEVER be a way to produce hydrogen efficiently.

If you actually read the link I've posted twice then you would understand the problem a bit better. Of course the former MTSU student doesn't even try to consider the science, instead posting the same links to a great hydrogen car that avoids the problem of how to generate the hydrogen entirely.

Try reading Elon Musk's take on Hydrogen vehicles...
insideevs.com...
Possibly he explains the issues better.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly
a reply to: network dude

So let me be sure I understand this. There will NEVER be a way to produce hydrogen efficiently. There will NEVER be a way to travel faster than the speed of light.

When that way is found and it is practical, then we shall talk about it's implementation. You know the saying, not trying to sell the bear skin before catching the bear.

But as I said before, why not produce synthetic HC fuel in a carbon neutral way? After all, fuel is just an energy carrier.

I am all for ANY way to change how we operate now. It's obvious we need to find a better, less damaging source of fuel for transportation. I bring up hydrogen because there is a few (completely insane companies building cars that use this fuel). I have heard the reasons why it's not used and distributed today, and I actually do understand that. I am a bit puzzled by aggressive attitude towards it. Sure it's not viable today, but to adamantly dictate that it will never be useful is quite narrow minded in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Actually it didn't strike me as bad,,, I will need to study this

We can do here simple & rapid analysis of the feasibility of the concept:

1- All existing car would need absolutely no modification.

2- Distribution infrastructure remain unchanged.

3- This is a carbon neutral concept, so it shall make everyone happy.

4- Making gazoline by fixing atmospheric CO2 to water is not existing right now AFAIK but it is probably no more difficult than trying to devellop completly new paradigm using exotic and risky technology.

edit on 2015-2-18 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

LOL, I am sorry if this is painful. I just would hate to think of how we would be doing things today if we all had the attitude about possibilities that is displayed in your posts.

These guys must be certifiably insane!!!!

The new method allows larger-than-ever quantities of hydrogen to be produced at atmospheric pressure using lower power loads, typical of those generated by renewable power sources. It also solves intrinsic safety issues which have so far limited the use of intermittent renewable energy for hydrogen production.

Read more at: phys.org...

I am just glad that not everyone is afraid of life outside the box.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I am all for ANY way to change how we operate now. It's obvious we need to find a better, less damaging source of fuel for transportation. I bring up hydrogen because there is a few (completely insane companies building cars that use this fuel). I have heard the reasons why it's not used and distributed today, and I actually do understand that. I am a bit puzzled by aggressive attitude towards it. Sure it's not viable today, but to adamantly dictate that it will never be useful is quite narrow minded in my opinion.

Now we're talking! Rest assured that I am not working for big oil, except being a pumpist in my younger time!

About my constant opposition to a H2 economy, it is because it is not practical and there is a much better solution as I have proposed. I know it is not "sexy" to continue to use old HC based fuel, but what the hell, it has very high energy density, is not very volatile, does not need pressurisation, nor especially toxic or dangerous, and our global infrastructure is already designed for it.

edit on 2015-2-18 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Still need to think this out.. will take a day for two for me to digest this and I will see what I think. Sounds like a worthy idea for sure.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have to give my mind a break..talk to you all later and see if I can learn more about the HC idea you have Pete.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Still need to think this out.. will take a day for two for me to digest this and I will see what I think. Sounds like a worthy idea for sure.

The best part of it is that it minimize the risks. And believe me, when it's time to find investor, risk is everything!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

LOL, I am sorry if this is painful.

That box your describing is called the real world. One day you'll grow up and join it.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Perhaps one day I will. Until then, you win. Congrats.
have a super day.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There is a better way to use hydrogen.

Use the Fischer–Tropsch process to turn hydrogen and CO2 from the air to Butanol.

Butanol made this way would not put any more CO2 into the air by just recycling CO2 already there .
en.wikipedia.org...

This would use hydrogen to make a fuel that could be pumped from a regular filling station pump and be used in both gas engines and butanol fuel cells.
www.appropedia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Heres a look at the future of free energy FTW!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Heres how to make all the hydrogen you want with solar power FTW!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
FormoftheLord,

IF only the rest of ATS would catch on to this simple logic or better yet people like Phage were to look for ideas that work like this, I feel we would be seeing this happen sooner rather than later. Stars for you and ANNED for using the thing on top of your shoulders.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Yeah hydrogen cars and generators are the way to go.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Just one little thing to add, what about the corrosion of the electrode material? Even when using specialized electrode like titanium coated w/t mixed oxide (costly), they have a finite lifetime.

Been there, done that!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

Just one little thing to add, what about the corrosion of the electrode material? Even when using specialized electrode like titanium coated w/t mixed oxide (costly), they have a finite lifetime.

Been there, done that!

Nothing lasts forever, batteries have corrosion so what that doesnt stop the world from using them up to wazoo. If a part is defective or broken just replace the broken or defective part with a new one.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Nothing lasts forever, batteries have corrosion so what that doesnt stop the world from using them up to wazoo. If a part is defective or broken just replace the broken or defective part with a new one.

I'm not talking of changing electrodes once in a while. Electrolysis literally consume the electrode!

Those who use HHO generator and use stainless electrode sheet, ends up dissolving chromium into the cell. When they flush the contaminated water from time to time, they produce the nice gift of chromium pollution to mother nature!

edit on 2015-2-19 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Did you know a Hydrogen fuelled car uses four times the amount of energy than an electric car to go the same distance? That figure includes, the energy to generate the H2, the energy to compress and transport it and the losses when it is converted to kinetic energy to propel the car. (source: "Who killed the electric car" documentary).

Did you know H2 can be extracted from fossil fuels?
This is why the oil companies are throwing their weight behind H2 and not electric cars.

The future of green cars is electric. They are incredibly efficient and cheap to run.
They can be powered on 100% renewable energy: wind, solar and tidal energy.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Is methanol the battery for our vehicles we have been looking for. When you mix gas with CO2 you get methanol.

Many people now are using methanol hydrogen generators to create electricity to run their Winnebago back up power etc.

Methanol is a safe easily stored fuel tank non fossil fuel emitter to generate hydrogen electricity.

Will it work?

www.avanteyachts.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join