It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does ISIS keep making enemies?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I found this excellent article on CNN that perfectly describes the motivations of ISIS and who/why they are making enemies of practically everyone who does not strictly conform to their ideology. It also makes the good point of saying that ISIS are not just going after a particular religious group or belief, but that the world as a whole is their enemy to be vanquished in the supposed upcoming "apocalypse".

I cannot post the whole article, so please do yourselves a favour and visit the link to read the article in it's entirety.

Whenever ISIS carries out a new atrocity, whether it's beheading a group of Egyptian Christians or enslaving Yazidi women in Iraq or burning its victims alive, the big question most people have is: Why on Earth is ISIS doing this? What could possibly be the point?

Adding to your list of enemies is never a sound strategy, yet ISIS' ferocious campaign against the Shia, Kurds, Yazidis, Christians, and Muslims who don't precisely share its views has united every ethnic and religious group in Syria and Iraq against them.

ISIS is even at war with its most natural ally, al Qaeda in Syria.

The Nazis and the Khmer Rouge went to great lengths to hide their crimes against humanity. Instead, ISIS posts its many crimes on social media for global distribution with seemingly no thoughts for the consequences.

ISIS' beheading of the American journalist James Foley in mid-August galvanized much of the Western world against the group and led to an intensified U.S.-led air campaign against ISIS, which, according to U.S. military officials, has killed at least 6,000 of its fighters.

The burning to death by ISIS of the Jordanian pilot, Muath al-Kaseasbeh, galvanized much of the Arab world against the group and has brought Jordan into the U.S.-led campaign against ISIS in a much more aggressive manner.

The beheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians in Libya by an ISIS affiliate led Egypt's air force on Monday to drop bombs on ISIS positions in eastern Libya.

Former CIA director Robert Gates is reported to have kept a maxim on his desk that read, "As a general rule, the way to achieve complete strategic surprise is to commit an act that makes no sense or is even self-destructive."

ISIS keeps surprising the world and its actions do indeed seem to make no sense or are self-destructive.

edit on 2/18/2015 by tothetenthpower because: --Mode Edit--Please only use 10% of the article, or 3 paragraphs.

edit on 18/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
As the article explains, ISIS' worldview is that we are in the end times, and they are the chosen holy warriors. Chosen by allah.

From the article:
Terrorism experts J.M. Berger and Jessica Stern say that ISIS, like many other "violent apocalyptic groups, tend to see themselves as participating in a cosmic war between good and evil, in which moral rules do not apply."

That sums it up. They want a western army to come over there and invade. I think they're gonna get their wish.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
As the article explains, ISIS' worldview is that we are in the end times, and they are the chosen holy warriors. Chosen by allah.

From the article:
Terrorism experts J.M. Berger and Jessica Stern say that ISIS, like many other "violent apocalyptic groups, tend to see themselves as participating in a cosmic war between good and evil, in which moral rules do not apply."

That sums it up. They want a western army to come over there and invade. I think they're gonna get their wish.

Which in my opinion is exactly the reason the US should NOT send troops there!

This is a religious war.

The US has absolutely no business getting involved in a religious war.

The evil Daesh Islamic Muslims
are looking to provoke a worldwide religious war
the west should NOT get involved or participate

This is a Muslim issue
because, the evil Daesh Muslims are defiling the name of Allah
defiling the name of Mohammed
and tarnishing the lives and reputations of good Muslims around the world
and bringing shame on the name of Islam
through their horrific acts in the name of Allah

The enlightened, good, and modern Muslims
the Muslim countries
are the only ones who can stop this and end the war

All infidels should MYOB and stay out of the area entirely
and stay out of a religious war entirely

The liberals/progressives are so against mixing religion and the government in the US
they need to realize they absolutely should not mix religion and war
and get the US embroiled in a religious war

in what will be viewed by people in the middle east
as a second crusade
only this one will be the atheistic crusade of the infidels
if the west gets involved in a significant way.

This is a Muslim problem
a Muslim issue
and the Muslims are the ONLY ones who can legitimately deal with it
without making it far far far worse.

edit on 9Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:05:40 -0600am21802amk183 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

If they had any relevancy from a 'holy-war' perspective, they would attack Israel.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

It's also important to remember though that ISIS's usage of Islam and Allah is NOT supported my most Muslims and that they are regarded as enemies to Islam by them.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

the world as a whole is their enemy to be vanquished in the supposed upcoming "apocalypse".

The "ISIS Apocalypse", explained by CNN.

riiight…

The 'apocalypse' in the Middle East is the one perpetrated by the US, its NATO and Arab allies. Been going on for some time, in case you haven't noticed.

But go ahead and blame the victims, one_more_time.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

the world as a whole is their enemy to be vanquished in the supposed upcoming "apocalypse".

riiight…

The 'apocalypse' in the Middle East is the one perpetrated by the US, its NATO and Arab allies. Been going on for some time, in case you haven't noticed.

Sorry?

I'm talking about ISIS and their motivations, not the fact that the western world has been meddling with Middle Eastern affairs for decades. I happen to agree with the fact that much of the previous trouble in the ME was created by the western world - ISIS, however, is a whole different kettle of fish.

You're attacking the wrong person mate. But perhaps you should be questioned about your view that ISIS are somehow "victims"?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

riiight…

Are you calling ISIS victims? Because that's a pretty messed up view of things...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
IS keeps making enemies because that's what their benefactors are funding them to do. And those benefactors are about as Muslim as you and I are. Find out who is really funding them, and you'll find out what the end game is.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

You're attacking the wrong person mate. But perhaps you should be questioned about your view that ISIS are somehow "victims"?

The whole Middle East has been victimized by the west. This goes back decades, indeed nearly a century.

Focusing on the most recent excuse (ISIS) for the next chapter (boots on ground, again) is what you would have us do?

ETA: a reply to: PorteurDeMort

edit on 18-2-2015 by intrptr because: reply link

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Much of their money is coming from stolen oil refineries and the pillaging of every place they take over.

But yes, it does beg the question as to where some of their money is coming from.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Did you even read the article mate, or are you just spouting off nonsense?

Can you please explain why you think ISIS are the "victims"?

I'm sure the Jordanian pilot burned to death, or the countless beheaded Christians and Muslims would disagree with your assessment of ISIS being "victims".

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
IS keeps making enemies because that's what their benefactors are funding them to do. And those benefactors are about as Muslim as you and I are. Find out who is really funding them, and you'll find out what the end game is.

The people committing these acts don't care a whit about who is funding them
they are committing barbaric, horrific, and truly evil acts
all the while thinking they are doing the will of Allah and Mohammad
This is how the people doing the acts perceive what is going on, and perception is reality.

The evil Daesh Muslims
are ruining the daily lives of the good Muslims around the world
they are causing people to wonder if their neighbor is plotting against them.

It is the evil Deash Muslims who should be directly held responsible for what they
have done to the name of Islam
I don't care either who is funding them
The people doing the acts are praising Allah while doing them
That makes it a religious war

one that has actually hurt good Muslims
and the religion of Islam itself.

edit on 9Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:21:40 -0600am21802amk183 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

…or the countless beheaded Christians and Muslims would disagree with your assessment of ISIS being "victims".

Don't you mean the countless victims of aggressive wars waged in the region by the west?

You want to magnify the ISIS crisis just like the main stream media. You even cite their dogma.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Don't you mean the countless victims of aggressive wars waged in the region by the west?

You want to magnify the ISIS crisis just like the main stream media. You even cite their dogma.

Wow, you should change your medication mate it's making you see things that aren't there.

ISIS is a SMALL FRACTION of the Muslim world. A subset of deluded people who kill anyone who doesn't agree with their ideology - Muslim, Christian, Atheist, anyone.

Thats what this thread is about, not the agenda you are trying to bring into it.
edit on 18/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

…or the countless beheaded Christians and Muslims would disagree with your assessment of ISIS being "victims".

Which is why the west should not get involved.

Look at your statement "countless victims of aggressive wars waged in the region by the west"
and your earlier statement "The whole Middle East has been victimized by the west"

That sentiment alone is quite telling
it gives the ultimate reason why the west
needs to not allow any of their citizens to enter the Middle East
to not send troops
to not engage remotely
and to only engage on their own soil in the west when issues arise
and to leave the region entirely and fully
until the Muslim countries themselves put an end to this.

This strong feeling you voiced is the very reason
the west should not send troops
and should disallow all travel by its citizens to the Middle East
(meaning if even a journalist goes, they are fully on their own
because they were told by the west that the Middle East is a
no go zone for all westerners)
until Muslims themselves
put an end to the evil Daesh Islamists.

edit on 9Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:27:05 -0600am21802amk183 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Former CIA director Robert Gates is reported to have kept a maxim on his desk that read, "As a general rule, the way to achieve complete strategic surprise is to commit an act that makes no sense or is even self-destructive."

Good God that is a sick joke. OK, I'll admit, suddenly committing suicide achieves complete strategic surprise. That is one twisted mind right there.

I think it's a trick to weed out knuckle draggers from real spooks.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
I can agree with much of what you're saying. Though I question whether or not some of these people are truly Muslims, even in their own mind. That aside, I do care who is funding them. Because it helps us to understand what the motive and endgame is. Just as it is important in hindsight to understand that American interests helped Hitler's rise to power.

As I stated in another thread...

It has become painfully obvious to me, that somebody wants ISIS alive and well, in the news every day, and doing what they are doing. If not, these inhuman's would already be long dead and forgotten.

Link

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

ISIS the meme, and that's what it is, behaves oddly. Why? It's simple.

All memes require human operatives for action and reproduction. A meme that is not growing, is dying.

ISIS abhorrent acts are not coherent with adding followers. They are instead adding enemies. Sure they add a few fringies but their numbers are not multiplying.

But they don't seem to be dying do they? Identify their life support system and you find the truth of their agenda. It's not any sort of religious movement or popular movement.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: grandmakdw
I can agree with much of what you're saying. Though I question whether or not some of these people are truly Muslims, even in their own mind. That aside, I do care who is funding them. Because it helps us to understand what the motive and endgame is. Just as it is important in hindsight to understand that American interests helped Hitler's rise to power.

As I stated in another thread...

It has become painfully obvious to me, that somebody wants ISIS alive and well, in the news every day, and doing what they are doing. If not, these inhuman's would already be long dead and forgotten.

Link

You question if they are really Muslim
by doing that you are questioning anothers faith
The important thing is they believe they are Muslim
they believe they are doing the will of Allah and Mohammad

Even if you or I question their ideas of what a Muslim
should be or do
it doesn't matter at all
because they believe they are acting in the name of their faith.

In the end the funding source is irrelevant here
when it comes to putting a stop to
horrific, evil and barbaric acts done
proudly in the name of Allah
even if most Muslims would have a dog urinate on them
for defiling Allah, defiling Mohammed, and defiling the religion of Islam,
the undeniable facts are - these atrocities are being done using the name of Allah and Mohammad

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join