It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Wants Unemployed Youth to Do Unpaid Work for the State. State Sponsored Slavery or.....?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: lordcomac

There's no logic to the answer, the government arent going to create these jobs, they are going to take them away from people who are already employed.

They already have.

Kent country council have already slashed thousands of jobs.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Was commenting on this story over on skynews yesterday.

I think it's forced slavery for sure.

How can you implement a basic wage and then force people to work for less?

It's not logical.

If those jobs are being done for £6.50 or whatever it is, then why can't it stay at £6.50, this way whoever takes the job isn't 'unemployed' anymore or on 'jobseekers' but are actually 'working' in the workforce for amount which should be paid anyway. Top up any entitlement if they don't have enough to pay rents !

Anyway, I think with current threat levels the way they are, many youth should be joining the Army or Police, they will get to learn discipline and get to fight in a War which is coming instead of fighting in the street or cooking meals for the elderly.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Anyway, I think with current threat levels the way they are, many youth should be joining the Army or Police, they will get to learn discipline and get to fight in a War which is coming instead of fighting in the street or cooking meals for the elderly.

Yeah, way to go crazy person, Lets turn our youth into dogs of war for huge corporations to make a "Killing"....here's a thought, why dont you or your children go do the fighting.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Have they brought the forum back on SkyNews? i used to post on their a few years ago, i think they closed it down because it was SO right wing.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

There's no logic to the answer, the government arent going to create these jobs, they are going to take them away from people who are already employed.

They already have.

Falkirk council to terminate 7000 contracts

Better together..??

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Yeah, way to go crazy person, Lets turn our youth into dogs of war for huge corporations to make a "Killing"....here's a thought, why dont you or your children go do the fighting.

Who rattled your cage?

We have big issues right now with ISIS and other Militant Groups. I think the Men would be better served joining the Military than to be cooking some meals for old people.... let the girls do that.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Jeez you cant descriminate on sex, what century are you living in...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Who rattled your cage?

We have big issues right now with ISIS and other Militant Groups. I think the Men would be better served joining the Military than to be cooking some meals for old people.... let the girls do that.

You, Obviously.
I dont have a problem with ISIS. Syria, Iraq, Lybia and Egypt have the problem. As i said, why dont you volunteer your sons for the fight or better still, go yourself... you can save the last bullet for your own brain...my guess is you would miss by about 3 feet as your brain is obviously located in and around yer arse...
edit on 18-2-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
How much do people spend a day to go to work?

Bus fare £4 a day or weekly ticket £13.
Lunch and snacks £5?
If you smoke, rolling tobacco (cheapest example) £15 (50g should last a week).

£53 a week just to get to work and eat, what was the JSA amount again?

Also they may need new clothes to look presentable.
How can anyone be forced to live like that?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Focus people; you're drifting into the realms of delusion...

With respect...

Some of you are saying why not make it minimum wage income...

Firstly, because it's coming out of Tax payers money... It's a welfare programme not a wage...

Secondly, even if that was the case, we don't have a Two Trillion dollar tax input per year...
There is no way in hell our available Tax could pay all of these people minimum wage...

Thirdly, if that minimum wage idea were to happen, it would just be normal employment...

Fourthly, even if both the first two points were plausible... It's the Tory party... Wouldn't happen...

As for the idea as a whole, better things can be done to curb welfare/benefits abuse...

There are many routes the Government could take, this one is, namely, the "cop out" route...

Banker Bonuses & Corporate Tax Avoidance/Evading are sinking our economy...

Not the big bad benefits programmes...

It's the Elephant in the room... That these politicians won't discuss...

It's much easier to demonise the benefits recipients than it is to expose the people this Government and certain front runners for the election are trying to privatise our every institution with.

Don't be surprised when our Train Stations are changed from the likes of Baker Street Station to Greggs Bakers Station...

This is not a joke...

Boris Johnson proposed that type of bulls# a while ago...

Don't be surprised when your local Maternity Ward is renamed to something like The Rolls Royce Ward...

This is a Corporatocracy in the making...

& no amount of "benefit blame" or Nigel Farage they shove down your throats are gonna change that.

Khanzeers!
edit on 18-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!

edit on 18-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Silliness!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

Hey kids! LOOK!!!

We've got someone obviously wanting to sign right up for the first indentured slave position, RIGHT HERE, yepp, and it's andy1972!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: nullafides

As long as they pay the people roped into these schemes the minimum wage we are on the same page. Then again chance would be a fine thing indeed. I was really just ranting, I realise we share simular views regarding the subject.

It's all good my friend

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Jeez you cant descriminate on sex, what century are you living in...

I'm not descriminating at all... simply saying that 'women' are better in the kitchen than most males and also the men are supposed to be Men not all this flaffy girly stuff!!

Seriously though, if I was young and out of work, I think instead of hanging out getting into trouble and joining gangs and doing stuff like that, if I was offered a choice, I'd join the military, thats if I couldn't get a placement at a football club or some other sport I was interested in.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Who rattled your cage?

You, Obviously.
I dont have a problem with ISIS. Syria, Iraq, Lybia and Egypt have the problem. As i said, why dont you volunteer your sons for the fight or better still, go yourself... you can save the last bullet for your own brain...my guess is you would miss by about 3 feet as your brain is obviously located in and around yer arse...

wow... you really are a twat aren't you.

Just offering my thoughts on the matter. So, you think its a great idea to let the youngster get into crime and join gangs and go to prison, rather than have them join a Military which would give them skills???

I don't even think you read my first post up above properly... the first one you commented on.
edit on CSTWed, 18 Feb 2015 09:35:01 -0600u2809x001x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: just adding text

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is just more divisive crap from The Nasty Party.
They're continuing to stir up hatred for the most vulnerable and poorest in our society all the while helping the richest get richer.

If it was a purely voluntary scheme and those who wanted to volunteer could, then fine... but it's not.
It's "Do this work, unpaid, or we will break you and ruin your life" which is disgraceful.
And it is Unpaid because this benefit is there for those that need it, in desperate times.... we have a minimum wage for people who work and asking people to work, community or otherwise, and not paying them, is disgusting and not right.
People need to be given more help finding work... not treated like a statistic and not pushed from pillar to post with very little interest or care show or taken in whether they find work or not.

Do you know why people can't get a job and the economy is suffering? Because the bankers and the those at the top screwed it up for all of us... it isn't the fault of those on benefits, they are suffering because wealthy twats and greedy bastards wanted to make themselves some money and just bollocks to everyone else.
Far more money is lost through tax avoidance and tax evasion than is spent on welfare... but no, let's go after the poor, as usual.

The Tories are utter scum.

The percentage of those living on benefits as "A lifestyle Choice" is so so low... but the Tories would have you believe that anyone who is poor, on benefits or looking for work is a thief, layabout or scrounger and is living it up with six or seven 50" Plasma TV's and 3 cars in the driveway and all living the life of luxury.... it's utter crap.
People are using food banks, taking out loans they can't afford and choosing whether to heat or eat... and those are the people IN WORK... those on benefits, well makes you shudder.

The people robbing, stealing and doing **** all are those at the top.... they cheat, don't pay tax, hide money, cut corners, make money out of people's misery and couldn't give a crap.
If they paid their fair share, if all of the owed taxes, from individuals and companies was paid up, we wouldn't have to pick on the poorest.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Who rattled your cage?

You, Obviously.

Just offering my thoughts on the matter. So, you think its a great idea to let the youngster get into crime and join gangs and go to prison, rather than have them join a Military which would give them skills???

I don't even think you read my first post up above properly... the first one you commented on.

Remind me where is said it's a "great idea to let the youngster get into crime and join gangs and go to prison, rather than have them join a Military which would give them skills??"..Please link me to where is said that....that's right, you cant. because your brain is in your arse.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Anyone who works should be paid a wage in exchange by the employer/company that will benefit from that work, and not by the taxpayer.

The object of working is to GET OFF BENEFITS and support yourself, but this scheme is giving them a full-time job but keeping them on benefits, whilst the employer/company pockets those wages they now don't have to pay.

This scheme ensures that the taxpayer is still burdened with people relying on benefits when these people should be paid by their employers, which would allow them to sign off the dole and provide for themselves and contribute to the tax system.

Yet many 'benefit-haters' on here are advocating for the taxpayer to continue paying out unemployment benefits to employed people, instead of insisting that gov makes employers pay them wages so they can get off benefits - you lot don't make any sense and contradict yourselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Who rattled your cage?

You, Obviously.

Remind me where is said it's a "great idea to let the youngster get into crime and join gangs and go to prison, rather than have them join a Military which would give them skills??"..Please link me to where is said that....that's right, you cant. because your brain is in your arse.

Its what I was referring to in my original post. I said :

Anyway, I think with current threat levels the way they are, many youth should be joining the Army or Police, they will get to learn discipline and get to fight in a War which is coming

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Its what I was referring to in my original post. I said :

Anyway, I think with current threat levels the way they are, many youth should be joining the Army or Police, they will get to learn discipline and get to fight in a War which is coming

Just.... no.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

They already have.

Falkirk council to terminate 7000 contracts

Better together..??

Thats pretty grim, weird that the figure they want to save 46 million is basicaly the cost of buildings the Kelpies, wonder how well it would have went down if they told people before hand those things were going to cost 7,000 jobs. I know the lottery footed half the bill, but still. Would much rather have had some new schools.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join