It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Wants Unemployed Youth to Do Unpaid Work for the State. State Sponsored Slavery or.....?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: lordcomac

There's no logic to the answer, the government arent going to create these jobs, they are going to take them away from people who are already employed.

They already have.

Kent country council have already slashed thousands of jobs.

Falkirk council to terminate 7000 contracts

Better together..??

Thats pretty grim, weird that the figure they want to save 46 million is basicaly the cost of buildings the Kelpies, wonder how well it would have went down if they told people before hand those things were going to cost 7,000 jobs. I know the lottery footed half the bill, but still. Would much rather have had some new schools.

Back on topic, they will just get 7000 dafties from the bru to fill the void....See how this works?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yes it is unfair. I don not disagree. I only meant to point out they pay in for the money that they receive. And after wards need to work like a slave to get it. When they should already be eligible..a reply to: pavmas

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Aye no shortage of jakeys bout here unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Aye no shortage of jakeys bout here unfortunately.

There are More "Jakey's and drug addicts" in employment than there are unemployed. Who do you think keeps the Cocaine industry thriving. @ £40 a pop for 0.6 of a gram it's certainly not someone on £72 a week.
edit on 18-2-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Generaly management level coke heads or those who can afford it are fairly high functioning members of society though eh. Smackheads aint.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Generaly management level coke heads or those who can afford it are fairly high functioning members of society though eh. Smackheads aint.

It would surprise you.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The Tories have pledged a further £7.2 BILLION tax cuts to the rich. The funding for the tax cuts will come from further catastrophic “savings” made at the expense of the poorest yet again – £25 billion more to be sliced from welfare, Local Authorities, education, police and other vital services.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wait till the Tories start deporting the elderly and the disabled to Asia and Eastern European countries because the care costs are cheaper there. It won't be long - They're already doing it in Germany ...
www.theguardian.com...
That will mean workers in the care industry will soon be added to the dole queue.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
lol, go get a job then....problem solved.

It's not State Sponsored Slavery, I'd consider it "putting lazy slackers to work for the benefits they're receiving"

edit on 18/2/2015 by Pakd-on-mystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Noone is deporting anyone here in Germany....might wanna check those sources bruh.

As a matter of fact, it's the opposite way around actually. Germany has ebgan to employ foreign elderly-cartakers (or whatever the english term might be).
edit on 18/2/2015 by Pakd-on-mystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pakd-on-mystery

It's not State Sponsored Slavery, I'd consider it "putting lazy slackers to work for the benefits they're receiving"

Mr Cameron....Is that you?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

nope, wrong name xD
additionally, I can't recall any of your politicians being german?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Like IG Farben. ?

edit on 18-2-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Have to agree, i know a few smack heads that function perfectly well in society. Ones a Gas Engineer, ones a Sales Manager and the other fits carpets. Takes money to be an adequate junkie these days.

edit on 18-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This discussion is just an anti-Tory rant. In an effort to break free from that and return to the OP.

A properly orchestrated community service scheme that affords young people a sense of purpose, as well as teaching them life skills that are valuable for their future, is a good idea. Young people sitting on their arses benefits no one.

I belong to a well-known environmental charity that relies heavily on volunteers, and in the summer large numbers of young people contribute their time for free - although they get fed, beds, tents etc., as appropriate. They gain a sense of camaraderie and community, as well as learning about the environment.

Just because it’s a Tory idea, people write it off without thinking it through. If this was the Greens coming up with this proposal, people would applaud, and Labour don’t care.

Before I get crucified for the above, I would add that in my view it should be paid service commensurate with the service being given and it must be truly “community” and provide value in some form.

Regards

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

a reply to: doobydoll

Noone is deporting anyone here in Germany....might wanna check those sources bruh.

As a matter of fact, it's the opposite way around actually. Germany has ebgan to employ foreign elderly-cartakers (or whatever the english term might be).

Another source
www.bloomberg.com...

The German government will pay as much as €700 toward nursing care outside the country. Though less than half the amount provided for in-country homes, it’s enough, together with most retirees’ pensions, to pay for monthly care costs—with cash to spare.

Coming soon in the UK if the Tories get in again. The UK care industry is huge, it is also extremely costly, so much so that care homes here have cut down on staff to save money, resulting in dreadful neglect of residents. Even under-staffed care homes costs more here than those fully staffed in Eastern Europe.

These UK care-home workers will be joining the dole queue once money-grabbing Cameron and IDS catch on to this idea of booting the expensive and useless elderly out of the country to save a few extra quid.

They'll probably deport all the resulting jobless care-workers over there too, unemployed people won't need as much benefit money to live on in Eastern Europe because living costs are much lower there. In fact, let's deport all the unemployed, sick, and disabled to poor countries, but reduce their benefits by half. Everyone will be better off, Western nations will halve their social costs, and the poorer host countries will benefit from a booming care industry, all paid for by Western taxpayers at half the usual cost.

Don't laugh too soon, anything is possible when we live in a society where gov believes only money is important.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Every Workfare placement is someones paid employment stolen...Fact. If there is work to be done then pay someone for doing it. Why should large corporations like Poundland, Tesco, primark etc benefit from someones free labour.

I worked on a government Scheme, £10 + your benefits, but i was Learning all sort from Plumbing, Welding, Stonework, Cobbleing etc, Today we are seeing kids stuck on a shop floor filling shelves for Christs sake. That demoralises people.

I have heard some real horror stories about these placements, I have witnessed a few, One in particular was the British Heart foundation treating and speaking to kids like $#@T knowing full well they hold the power over whether that kid gets sanctioned or not with one phone call to the DWP.

The one in my local area puts a Kid outside dressed as Scooby Doo with a collection bucket in hand fur christs sake...Yeah, real Motivation right there. the Kid was close to tears when i spoke to him.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Exactly why should anyone get money for doing nothing if they are physically able. Doing community work is a good use of time and labour. When I was younger we were advised to volunteer to gain experience....

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Every Workfare placement is someones paid employment stolen...Fact.

1000%

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Tory choices :

1. HIghlight the problem of BILLIONS of lost government revenue (which has to be covered by us PAYE tax payers) because of multi millionairs and mega corporations not paying their tax.

2. Demonise people unable to work for receiving state aid amounting to tens of millions and thus distract the PAYE tax payers into concentrating ON THE WRONG FRICKING TARGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every single person who complains about the £72 a week benefit has been conned by the tax avoiders and continues to vote in these tax avoiding morons. Well done!

The number of people who are "work shy" is a very small minority but ask yourself this. Would you be "happy" if these people were coercesed into working and ended up driving a school bus, or managed school kids at a crossing hmmmm? Personally I think £72 a week is peanuts to keep a very small minority of dangerous work shy people festering in front of the TV and a damn sight cheaper than forcing them into a life of crime.

The vast majority of welfare goes to people who are already in work but paid a pittance by the very same companies that avoid paying tax.......go figure, work out where the money comes from that subsidises those companies cheap wage bill DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want change things then the current tax and benefit system needs completely replacing. The whole goddamn thing needs to be one ultra simple system. It is possible but would draw howls of protest from the rich, the rest of us would see no change and yet every single person would have an identical "tax and benefit" applied. Hint : gross tax + post tax state allowance.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join