It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Wants Unemployed Youth to Do Unpaid Work for the State. State Sponsored Slavery or.....?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf
Doctors/GP's will just say what the patient wants, everyone knows that, it's why the DWP employs disability analysts these days. It's all a game, and if a lazy bastard doesn't keep up with the current rules then they lose, unlucky.
Most lazy bastards keep up to speed with current rules and act appropriately, good luck to them and hard lines to those who don't.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: PaddyInf
Doctors/GP's will just say what the patient wants, everyone knows that, it's why the DWP employs disability analysts these days. It's all a game, and if a lazy bastard doesn't keep up with the current rules then they lose, unlucky.
Most lazy bastards keep up to speed with current rules and act appropriately, good luck to them and hard lines to those who don't.

Disability Analysts just do what the Government wants, everyone knows that... Disability Analyst for ATOS.: See under Miracle Worker...ie, Jesus Christ.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
...are you really telling me you don't know any lazy bastards who have a med3 when there's # all wrong with them?
I know loads but don't really care coz corporate avoidance is a much bigger issue and I'm self employed avoiding as much tax as I legally can.
...I call BS if you say you don't know anyone milking the system, I know loads.

edit on 22.2.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to: Soloprotocol

Disability analysts do what they're employed to do; identify people who think/say they can't work but really can, and identify those who can't so that they get their money.

Naturally there is a lot of resentment towards them because many people who can work don't want to. It used to be that you had an injury in the past and that was you set for life. The current system means that this doesn't happen. Much of the bad feeling (strangely enough) seems to come from people who were on the old incapacity benefit but have been found fit fit for work after a failed application for ESA. Funny that...

Too many people believe that having an illness or injury automatically means you get a free ride. Ironically one of my girlfriends colleagues uses 2 crutches to walk and another has an illness that would find her not capable for work if she had an assessment. The truth is most people are capable of some kind of work, even if it's not what they want.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
DAVID CAMERON IS A TERRORIST AND I DO NOT LIKE HIM, OR HIS FOLLOWERS LETS PUTE THIS POMPUS SONE OF A BITCH ON WELFAIR,LET HIM DOES NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO STRUGGLE ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS BECAUSE HIM AND HIS FRIENDS CLAIM EXPENCES OF UK TAX PAYERS FOR NEW CARS, HOUSES AND KITCHENS BUT HE WANTS YOUNG PEOPLE TO WORK FOR £8 A DAY A DONT THINK SO ! a reply to: jude11

edit on 22-2-2015 by AntiBBC1989 because: The first one did not make sence lol

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

...are you really telling me you don't know any lazy bastards who have a med3 when there's # all wrong with them?
I know loads but don't really care coz corporate avoidance is a much bigger issue and I'm self employed avoiding as much tax as I legally can.
...I call BS if you say you don't know anyone milking the system, I know loads.

I dont know what a med3 is?? but i do know people who ride the system, but i'm saying financially it's small fry compared to the corruption that exists within the whole system.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It was obvious all along that the welfare state leads inexorably to this. You simply cannot give money away forever without cumulative consequences. And the mindset that creates a welfare state just doesn't have any concept of limits. They will be satisfied to take one step at a time but there is always a next step they're thinking about. And they will always eventually go for it once the dust settles.

So. Maybe it was their plan all along to suck the unwitting into believing the state was going to just give them free stuff forever and then turn around and demand that they earn their loot.

It's a crazy, crazy world when we have people trying to steal from some people and give to other people and then try to claim they have the ultimate moral authority to say what's right. Anyone who will steal from the rich will enslave the poor if it serves their agenda.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
[Medical certificate off doctor] Piece of piss to get signed off by a GP if you want to, as I'm sure you know. It is why the government brought the "all work test" in originally because it was clear that GP's were saying people couldn't work when they obviously can.
I agree completely that it is all small fry compared to corporate tax evasion, and as I said, I couldn't give a toss if people choose to be lazy bastards, I'm self employed and my tax bill isn't going to change much if everyone signed off tomorrow.
BUT, making out that everyone on benefits is a desperately poor soul who's life is so terrible that they can't work is BS.
Some folk, yes of course, but you know as well as I do that a good percentage are career claimants.

The section of society I struggle to see how we 'fix' are those children of 2nd and 3rd generation benefit claimants, you know, the ones who haven't seen anyone in their family with a job. No educational qualifications, no idea how to write a CV, unable to conduct themselves in a job interview without swearing or even wearing a clean shirt.
I would say I blame the parents, but then in some cases it's blame the grandparents.

My son is yet to turn 18 and has worked part time since leaving school (full time during college holidays). Not a fortune, £50-£60 per week, covers his weekend costs etc. I obviously paid for his motorbike, insurance, college trip costs, food, blah and all the rest of it, but he knew full well that if he wanted to sit on his arse doing nothing then he wasn't getting a bike and he'd get # all off me except food, shelter and Primark clothes. He had the choice of labouring for me or getting work elsewhere, he didn't want to be beasted by me so found part-time work.
My son is not unique, he just had an incentive to find work. He's got loads of mates who can't be arsed, and no incentive because their parents get 70 odd quid included in their benefits for them each week.
I walk past an employment agency most days and there are crap factory jobs in the window all the time. If work has ever been slow in my self-employment then I've done it myself a few times, minimum wage putting frozen pasties in a box or whatever, work a week, get paid on the following Friday.

Again, I couldn't give a # if people want to rely on benefits instead of working, but I'm glad I've put a work ethic in my lad's mind because if he's ever in a situation where there is no skirt of a nanny state to cling to he will be the confident one chasing the work that IS out there.
Yes there are victims of circumstances in our society, but the bleeding heart picture you paint is a lame victim mentality in my opinion. I know plenty of people who simply can't be arsed working, as I'm absolutely sure you do as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

It's a class War and the Rich are winning by using the Unemployed, the sick and disabled as a distraction to what the real problem is and who the real thieving bastards in this world are.

Exactly... while they sit at the top, laughing and watching us squabble over peanuts.
It's f****** obscene.

And morons lap it up....

"Yeah.. Dole scum, get a job"

"god the yoof are lazy, never had a job, send them to labour camps!!"

It's pathetic.

Those at the top are vultures, poisonous, odious vultures. Picking apart the corpses and leftovers of the poor they helped to break and ruin.

edit on 23/2/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup
What? Do you not think that a sizeable percentage of people on benefits in the UK are lazy and can't be arsed working?
I agree that corporate tax avoidance is the biggest loss to the state but that doesn't take away the lazy bastard title away from those who clearly are.
As I've said multiple times in this thread I don't really give a toss about women who curiously pop out another child when their youngest reaches the age that would require them to seek work for their benefits, or the folk who blag their doctor into giving them a med cert so they don't have to sign on, that's their choice.
But making out that there isn't a huge amount of lazy bastards in this country is lame at best.
Corporate tax evasion is just as bad as telling lies every two weeks at the job centre, just the amounts lost to the state are different.

*Edit*
Fraud is fraud, simple as.
edit on 23.2.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The state of New Mexico does somthing like this. If you go on welfare, and in order to recieve 400 bucks a month, you have to work at least 35 hours a week at a work assignment.

That equalls $2.85 an hour.

Thats some slave s*** right there.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner
Still a choice to claim that welfare though, slaves have no choice.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Just as many lazy bastards IN Employment as their are out of employment. I've worked with a right few. I have often wondered what their secret is. They do as little as possible all day everyday and nothing ever seems to be said, I stop for a smoke and it's "i'm watching you" Pish.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
True, I've worked with plenty over the years, doesn't take away the lazy bastard title from a sizeable percentage of folk on benefits.
This thread will probably be a moot point in a few months anyway, it's only Cameron's Conservatives calling for this and I see a Labour/SNP coalition coming up in the election. Plenty of fun and games then haha.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

a reply to: blupblup
What? Do you not think that a sizeable percentage of people on benefits in the UK are lazy and can't be arsed working?

What do you define a sizeable percentage?
A majority? 10%? 5%? 0.1%?

And no I don't think that a sizeable percentage are that way.
I'm sure a very small percent are... then there are those who want to work but because wages are so low and they have kids etc, they would actually lose money by working full time.
There are others who get no help and get pushed and moved around the system without a care or thought, who desperately want to work... but when you have 50-60 applicants going for every job, it can be tough getting one.

You people arguing in favour of this... those who are hammering people on benefits, paint this picture that the whole system is like benefits street.... everyone is on drugs or alcoholic, they all go down the pub or gamble away their money, they sit and watch Jeremy Vile on their big screen TV while laughing at their neighbours who get up at the crack of dawn.

That is not even remotely true.

Stop listening to Cameron and the Tory Party.

Fraud is fraud, simple as.

Of course.... and while the masses bicker and squabble over the tiny percent of lazy, work-shy, layabout jobseeker benefits scroungers, the top earners in the country send their money out of the country and evade tax... top corporations do not pay their taxes while they use our infrastructure, our services, our roads.
And very, very few bat an eyelid.

But some kid who claims £70 a week and buys weed with and can't be arsed looking for a job.... HE is the real threat to society.... in fact all jobseekers are like him, a huge percentage.

FFS

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
You paint this picture that the whole system is like benefits street.... everyone is on drugs or alcoholic, they all go down the pub or gamble away their money, they sit and watch Jeremy Vile on their big screen TV while laughing at their neighbours who get up at the crack of dawn.

No I don't/haven't, you invented that to fit your perception of me.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

True, I've worked with plenty over the years, doesn't take away the lazy bastard title from a sizeable percentage of folk on benefits.
This thread will probably be a moot point in a few months anyway, it's only Cameron's Conservatives calling for this and I see a Labour/SNP coalition coming up in the election. Plenty of fun and games then haha.

I can see a Labour-SNP coalition working for the ordinary working man, the SNP will probably prevent Labour from slipping farther to the right, and lets face it..Labours name is mud here in Scotland since the Lie..Sorry, The Vow., but it's sure gonna cause the biggest shake up in politics ever...I dont know how England will react,? but then again why should it be any different to Conservative-Lib Dems. Just two political parties doing thaaar democratically elected Thaaang... lol.

EDIT...BTW, It's time Plaid Cymru or whatever the # they are called, got the finger out...
edit on 23-2-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Around here you might have to work to get some help but no ones forcing you to take it. If you don't to work then why would you expect help. Dumbest thing I ever heard.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

No I don't/haven't, you invented that to fit your perception of me.

Edited it for clarity.
You who are arguing in favour of this and against the "benefit culture" - another BS tory buzz-phrase.
Strivers and shirkers... blah blah.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Don't say sorry, it was a lie.
I'm happy to see how a Labour/SNP coalition will pan out, both social leaning parties, will definitely be interesting to see how the independence campaign adapts when it is the Scots holding the balance of power. Interesting times for sure.
*Edit*
I see your edit, Plaid are a #ing joke in Wales, was speaking to my mam yesterday and she was raging that with all the things wrong in Wales at the moment they want to employ an extra thousand or so Welsh language teachers...priorities much!

edit on 23.2.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join