It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Wants Unemployed Youth to Do Unpaid Work for the State. State Sponsored Slavery or.....?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Mister_Bit

I am regarding the lazy people who take living on benefits as a lifestyle choice, not people like you who are unfortunate to lose your job.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aspie
a reply to: Mister_Bit

I am regarding the lazy people who take living on benefits as a lifestyle choice, not people like you who are unfortunate to lose your job.

This so true it hurts.

never had a job and dont even know how to work?

No problem, heres some benefits for nothing, that'll fix it! LUCKILY loads of people who work pay taxes so you dont have to work! awesome isnt it!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mister_Bit

Yes I agree the bankers are too blame for a lot of things, but they don't force lazy people to sit on their arses all of their lives living on handouts.
I worked in a job for years, the company I worked for was bought and sold by an assest stripping company. They closed the business and made us all unemployed. I worked 60 hours a week and ended up claiming benefit.

Stand in front of me and tell me I am lazy and sit on my arse and I'll put you on yours....

FBD System Scaffold
Allis Mineral Systems
Svedala UK
Bone Steel
Alan Dick and sons (AKA The three Dicks) x2
British steel..(Ravenscraig)
Glencairn Laundry

All Businesses above i have worked for at some point when they went bust causing me and my family to suffer some of the hardest times i have experienced on unemployment.
How anyone believes choosing to live on UB is a "Lifestyle" Choice is beyondme. I can assure you, you are wrong.

You dont have a Lifestyle, you are at the peripherals of society. A lick at the plate??? You dont even get a look at the plate.

If this Government and future governments continue to Force our kids to work for free then i fear for another lost generation.

As some people here have clearly regurgitated straight from the Tories answer to Julius Streicher (see Ian Duncan Schmit) ..it'll get you ready for a real job, it'll be good for your CV, it'll be good for your work ethic, it'll get you out of bed in the morning, forgetting (if anyone knows about getting out of bed in the morning it is our youth, They have been doing it since birth and everyday they went to school) so no new trick learned there Julius.

I dont know, but you can see why drug dealers love it when unemployment is high and youth moral is at it's lowest.

edit on 22-2-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Soloprotocol, you chose to work for a living like most normal people. I am sure you must know people who have no intention of getting a job. Within a hundred yards of me there are loads of people scrounging on benefits who have never worked and don't intend doing.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Soloprotocol, you chose to work for a living like most normal people. I am sure you must know people who have no intention of getting a job. Within a hundred yards of me there are loads of people scrounging on benefits who have never worked and don't intend doing.

Yeah, I know many, but the problem for me is not with the people who dont work, i'm one redundancy, bad time or i'll health away from being one of those people..again, and so are the rest of us.

The Unemployed are being used as a tool to divide us working class. you can watch and read it everyday either on TV with shows like benefits street, Jeremy kyle and various other that have graced our screens over the past 10 years.

It's a class War and the Rich are winning by using the Unemployed, the sick and disabled as a distraction to what the real problem is and who the real thieving bastards in this world are.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
True.
I notice the local radio ad's and billboards saying how "HM Government is closing in on tax evaders" "It was only a 20 quid cash job, how can that harm" Blah.
Focus on the little folk and the billions lost through tax avoidance by the multinationals can be ignored.
HM Twats.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Part of the issue is the fact that we are importing hundreds of thousands of workers, which allows employers the luxury of choice. Without this choice, employers would have to compete and invest in employees, which would lead to some degree of natural wealth redistribution; with this choice, the employees prepared to put up the with the worse conditions will more than likely get the available positions. It will eventually downgrade the standards of the nation, or more specifically: the workers - and maintain the current wealth structure. It will undo the very improvements that we have fought so hard to obtain, and the conditions that many of us would use to define 'civilisation'.

I don't like the idea of a lifestyle of benefits and those people that I've met that seem to be part of this culture I haven't personally taken to, but if the work available to you is poorly paid and in poor conditions - I can understand. If you're living in a wealthy nation, where many acquire vast fortunes and you're having to work in these conditions, playing the system you're way makes sense.

This system relies on large amounts of people at the bottom scraping by for their entire life. However, if you're ruthless enough and adept at manipulation, you may well rise to the top.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
Part of the issue is the fact that we are importing hundreds of thousands of workers, which allows employers the luxury of choice.

Agreed, 20 years ago 16 year olds had the opportunity to learn a trade by starting labouring on building sites, now it's 20 something Eastern European workers who will work for £40 a day cash.
I don't blame EU workers chasing the coin and working for less than minimum wage, I'd prob do the same myself if I was in that position...I blame the tightfisted British blokes who employ them.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well we all know there are problems everywhere but it really angers me that I am working my balls off while the wasters just lie around or piss it up in the pub. They drop a few kids and are given a nice house and buckets full of money to spend at Macdonalds.

You know the old saying, 'you don't get something for nothing', well we should bring that back into practice.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Mate, once they are finished with the unemployed they will come after the Employed. it's already started with Maximus replacing the failed ATOS.
Within the next 6 months Workers, if off work for whatever reason, will now be assessed and given a back to work plan by American company Maximus. No longer will your Doctors word and personnel health knowlege as well as being a Medical professional be consulted, just like they are doing with the sick and disabled right this minute.

Now if only the sheeeple could just wake up and see what's going on. It's pretty funny, The ones who the Der Sturmer says, cant get out of bed in the morning" are the ones who appear to me to be most awake to me...

Maybe because they actually live it at present. Wake TF UP""""

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
Part of the issue is the fact that we are importing hundreds of thousands of workers, which allows employers the luxury of choice.

Agreed, 20 years ago 16 year olds had the opportunity to learn a trade by starting labouring on building sites, now it's 20 something Eastern European workers who will work for £40 a day cash.
I don't blame EU workers chasing the coin and working for less than minimum wage, I'd prob do the same myself if I was in that position...I blame the tightfisted British blokes who employ them.

And many times I've been in the post office while they post oodles of cash back home, making them basically millionaires in their own countries.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Aspie
You can sit on your arse caiming benefits if you want though.
I choose not to because I make much more working.
...I know loads who choose to sit on their arse...friends included, but their chunk of the national budget is tiny compared to the multinationals so I don't really give a #.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You know the old saying, 'you don't get something for nothing', well we should bring that back into practice.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Mate, once they are finished with the unemployed they will come after the Employed. it's already started with Maximus replacing the failed ATOS.
Within the next 6 months Workers, if off work for whatever reason, will now be assessed and given a back to work plan by American company Maximus. No longer will your Doctors word and personnel health knowlege as well as being a Medical professional be consulted, just like they are doing with the sick and disabled right this minute.

Now if only the sheeeple could just wake up and see what's going on. It's pretty funny, The ones who the Der Sturmer says, cant get out of bed in the morning" are the ones who appear to me to be most awake to me...

My girlfriend is a disability analyst for ATOS and is moving to Maximus this month. There is no change in the way ESA is handled as it is laid out by the DWP, not the provider. Medical evidence from doctors etc will be considered as it is now. Unfortunately doctors are busy people and not very good at forwarding medical information when requested, so their input is often not as good as it should be.

ATOS (which is actually an IT company) dropped out of the contract because the company's reputation took a hammering early on and never recovered. The provider merely carries out the assessments asked for and designed by the DWP, so the provider gets a bad reputation for a service they didn't design while the DWP sit back and blame the provider. Maximus are a healthcare company so they are better placed to provide the service

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf

My girlfriend is a disability analyst for ATOS and is moving to Maximus this month.

Mate, I wouldn't admit that in a public forum....Just doing your job was no excuse in 1940's Germany. it will be no excuse once the trials begin here either.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

My girlfriend is a disability analyst for ATOS and is moving to Maximus this month.

Could you provide more information on..A..What exactly is a "disability analyst," ???...is it the same a one of those medically trained disability Analyst's we have know...ermm, what you call them... Doctors, that's the word i was looking for....B, Does your Girlfriend have any Medical Training and if so in what field of expertise did she study and gain her degree.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Good question.
I used to make decisions on behalf of the secretary of state, they could not be appealed against.
I was nicer to people who were nice to me.
Human nature is'all.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with weeding out the malingerers who are illegally claiming sickness benefit. I know a couple of wasters who have been kicked off the sick because they were found to be capable to work. Also drunks should not be on the sick, it's not an illness, it's a self inflicted condition. Same goes for obesity.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Could you provide more information on..A..What exactly is a "disability analyst," ???...is it the same a one of those medically trained disability Analyst's we have know...ermm, what you call them... Doctors, that's the word i was looking for....B, Does your Girlfriend have any Medical Training and if so in what field of expertise did she study and gain her degree.

She's a nurse actually. Has a BSc in primary healthcare (practice nursing) and has a MSc in Managing Pain. Most disability analysts are actually nurses and physiotherapists, with a smattering of OTs and doctors.

Oh and she's really, really fit too. She's lucky to have me...
edit on 22-2-2015 by PaddyInf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Could you provide more information on..A..What exactly is a "disability analyst," ???...is it the same a one of those medically trained disability Analyst's we have know...ermm, what you call them... Doctors, that's the word i was looking for....

A disability analyst is a registered healthcare professional who has undergone further training to carry out functional work capability assessments on behalf of the DWP. A doctor is not a qualified disability analyst unless they receive and pass the required training.

This is because the doctor/nurse/physio/OTs traditional role is the investigation, diagnosis, treatment and referral of conditions. They are there to make people better. The disability analysts role is the FUNCTIONAL assessment of an individual with a view to advising on their capability to carry out work or work related activity using evidence available at the time. There is no treatment or therapeutic aspect to their role, they are purely there to report on how any conditions affect how the person functions. This is why GPs are not best placed to perform the assessment.

The report then goes to the Decision Maker in the DWP who uses this in conjunction with the any other evidence to decide on the outcome of the benefits claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join