It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Episode: Fluoride- post your own research & observations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Greeting Fans & Haters

Just about finished with the research phase of our next video project. Like last week, I would like to open this topic up for discussion before we film on Thursday.

I've seen a lot of blanket statements and misrepresentation of the facts will navigating through this topic. What's you're opinion of Water fluoridation?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I've been drinking tap water for 40 years now and I have no health problems due to fluoride so my opinion is that it's not a issue.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Dr. Strangelove - Water Fluoridation

Ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?...vodka, thats what they drink.

Awesome, Kubrick knew whats what.
edit on 17-2-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Personally, I think it is a damaging substance and I avoid fluoridated toothpaste and tap water as a result of my beliefs. It is also available in huge quantities because it is an industrial waste that is produced from all types of manufacturing/processing.

For reference: Spine-Health

edit on 17-2-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My opinion is that it is not needed. There are a lot of foods and drinks out there containing natural fluorides. There is naturally occurring fluoride in ground water. I think there is another reason that fluoride is put in water, it is not there for our teeth. There is a lot of medicinal chemicals that are approved for foods. This chemistry is sometimes classified as a colorant and is actually a pereservative, Do you understand what I am saying. The reason for fluoride in water is for a different reason all together than for our teeth. Fluoride is a very active element and does lots to our bodies. It has a calming effect but too much is definitely not good for us.

The compounding of fluoride in the body by putting it into water is not good. This can lead to excessive buildup in the body which can lead to misbalancing of many things in the body. Although I understand that fluoride in the diet is good, the adding it to water is not good. I have read a real lot on this over the last thirty years and my opinion is based on that knowledge I have gained. I do not see a reduction in cavities in kids either, dentists get just as much business as they always do and breaking of teeth is actually higher than when I was a kid. Fluoride can weaken the teeth even though the coating is a little harder. Molybdenum supplements make the coating on teeth much less susceptible to acids, it boosts the effectiveness of fluoride in the body.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
OK I will bite.

Since your US based, maybe ask yourself and your viewers this question:

There are more people drinking fluoridated water in the United States than the rest of the world combined. There is no difference in tooth decay between western nations that fluoridate their water and those that do not.

Source

WHY?

Good luck with the episode.

EDIT:

Tooth Decay in F vs NF Countries

Fluoride advocates often claim that the reduction in tooth decay that has occurred since the 1950s is the result of the widespread introduction of fluoridated water. In 1999, for example, the Centers for Disease Control stated that “as a result [of water fluoridation], dental caries declined precipitously during the second half of the 20th century.” As support for this assertion, the CDC published the following figure:

What the CDC failed to mention is that tooth decay rates have “precipitously declined” in all western countries, irrespective of whether the country ever fluoridated its water. Indeed, most western countries do not fluoridate their water and yet their tooth decay rates have declined at the same rate as the U.S. and other fluoridated countries. This fact, which is widely acknowledged in the dental literature, can be quickly demonstrated by examining the World Health Organization’s (WHO) data on tooth decay trends in each country. The following two figures and table, for example, compare the tooth decay trends in western countries with, and without, water (or salt) fluoridation.

Source

Peace

edit on 17/2/2015 by TheDon because: To add question Why?

edit on 17/2/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My research is thin- I look forward to the video.

As for observations, at the age of 30 I've got "white spots" on my teeth- an indication of excess fluoride exposure- and seven of those years I lived on well water, where it wasn't a thing I was exposed to.

As for rumors I hear over and over (but I really do need to do some research...) the stuff was used in WW2 concentration camps to pacify the prisoners- or sometimes I'm told it was used in the cities to pacify the populations.

The one thing I do seem to recall reading about and believing is that excess fluoride in ones diet leads to a nice, docile person- unlikely to question authority.
Again, my research is lackluster- but it would certainly explain why there's so damn much of it in my water...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Fluoride salts and fluorinated compounds are extremely toxic to plants and animals. Sodium fluoride has been used as roach and rat poison.

DDT was based on flourine. Chlorine is critical in most living systems. Flourine is more reactive and replaces chlorine. That's when things go haywire in living systems.

The study of a Japanese village with high levels of fluoride in drinking water and low dental decay was critically flawed.

Why they are still poisoning us should be at the top of all conspiracy theorists lists. I remove fluoride from my water with deionization filtration and use non flouride toothpaste.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Personally, I think it is a damaging substance and I avoid fluoridated toothpaste and tap water as a result of my beliefs. It is also available in huge quantities because it is an industrial waste that is produced from all types of manufacturing/processing.

For reference: Spine-Health

Water, H20, is also an industrial waste product...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
My research is thin- I look forward to the video.

As for observations, at the age of 30 I've got "white spots" on my teeth- an indication of excess fluoride exposure- and seven of those years I lived on well water, where it wasn't a thing I was exposed to.

As for rumors I hear over and over (but I really do need to do some research...) the stuff was used in WW2 concentration camps to pacify the prisoners- or sometimes I'm told it was used in the cities to pacify the populations.

The one thing I do seem to recall reading about and believing is that excess fluoride in ones diet leads to a nice, docile person- unlikely to question authority.
Again, my research is lackluster- but it would certainly explain why there's so damn much of it in my water...

Based on my current understanding. Well water has a high risk for larger amounts of naturally occurring fluoride. I've seen numbers range from 1.0mg/l to 1.7mg/l

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mcChoodles

Here's a link to info on history of fluoride.
fluoride rat poison

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon
OK I will bite.

Since your US based, maybe ask yourself and your viewers this question:

There are more people drinking fluoridated water in the United States than the rest of the world combined. There is no difference in tooth decay between western nations that fluoridate their water and those that do not.

Source

Good luck with the episode.

Peace

I've seen some misrepresentation on this site.

The global increase in dental caries. A pending public health crisis

Not necessarily about water fluoridation but is about fluoride containing dentifrices.

The importance of fluoride dentifrices to the current dental caries, rotting teeth, prevalence in Brazil

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
[
Based on my current understanding. Well water has a high risk for larger amounts of naturally occurring fluoride. I've seen numbers range from 1.0mg/l to 1.7mg/l

Well I'll be.

I'll have my brother get his well tested- now I'm curious.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Water, H20, is also an industrial waste product...

Is pure H20 (water) considered toxic to humans and the environment?

edit on 17-2-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I edited my post a bit to incude some more relevent information i believe.

My link and source, provide information worldwide, also the question still is WHY?

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It was called the Fluoricheck Water Analysis Kit. It's apparently the cheapest way to check your level BUT I can't find any sources that sell the kit anymore. :-(

Your next option is to bottle some up and send it to a lab.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It would be awesome if you could discuss some of the claims/findings which were in the Harvard fluoride study in regards to neurological development in children:

www.hsph.harvard.edu...

There's also a follow up study within the page provided so if you could please acknowledge that too it would be great.

Thanks!

edit on 17-2-2015 by real_one because: i suck at typing today

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Actually, some of the data we saw indicates that some artesian water sources can have significantly higher fluoride levels than municipal tap water. In some areas, where ground water is part of the municipal water supply, fluoride is actually removed.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

My only question is why did the Nazi's use it in their water?

If we can find out why they did that I think well understand why its in our water too.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It has also been shown to calcify the Pineal Gland. The Pineal Gland is very important for the connection with The Creator.

There are methods in order to "de-calcify" the Pineal Gland.

namaste

P.S. Interestingly, The Pope has a representation of the Pine Cone (pine Cone = PINEal gland) in the staff He carries. At The Vatican, there is an altar that One can pray to the PINE cone..

Jesus "You ARE the Church™"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join