It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State militants 'burn to death 45 in Iraq'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
1 pilot executed by isis burning him alive makes international headlines.... 45 iraqi's sufffer the same fate in one sitting and al I find is a little news story on the bbc's side bar (and now a few other sites that are using the bbc as the source.

I have read a number of posts on ats speculating that they belive isis are aware they mighrt have gone a bit to far with burning the pilot alive. i think burning 45 people alive goes to show this is not the case. is this isis version of "shock and awe"? I belive so

why the lack of news coverage?

Jihadist militants from Islamic State (IS) have burned to death 45 people in the western Iraqi town of al-Baghdadi, the local police chief says. Exactly who these people were and why they were killed is not clear, but Col Qasim al-Obeidi said he believed some were members of the security forces. IS fighters captured much of the town, near Ain al-Asad air base, last week.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 17-2-2015 by kamatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I believe it was a Jordanian pilot, and due to the fact that he was "fighting for the cause", the media saw an opportunity to make a martyr out of him. Although the article you posted says these victims "May have been part of the Iraqi security forces". Not having an identity for the victims could play a role - Perhaps the news companies and others involved don't think the general public will have as much sympathy or relatability to these Iraqi victims?

It is quite surprising though, especially reading this article how anticlimactic and "matter of fact" they spoke of this tragedy.

With a lot of the other articles regarding violence by ISIS, they like to write with more words that appeal to readers' emotions to instill a type of feeling and gain a reaction - repeating similar phrases and descriptions in order to place emphasis on whatever they are trying to get across. This article just kind of threw the info out there without much in terms of reflection.

Wonder why else they may not have covered this story.
edit on 17-2-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty
Really? More? Why are they burning people? What are they trying to gain with these horrific acts? Why would any group of people taunt the entire world with such suicidal potential.

Wtf is really going on here...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I think they are not covering it out of political correctness.

People are becoming leery of all Muslims
because of the actions of the evil Muslims.

These evil Muslims are causing great harm
and great slander against
the enlightened, good, and peace loving Muslims

The populace of the world is rightly afraid of Muslims in general

and I think it is considered so politically incorrect that the
media will now play down the evil acts of the Daesh Islamic State

The average person has no way to tell an evil Muslim
from a good, enlightened, modern Muslim
Heck, even in mosques they can't tell who is evil
and there is often shock on the part of fellow mosque goers
when one in their community turns evil

Since people can not tell the
good from the evil Muslim
the many good Muslims are shunned and feared

Anger has been misplaced
the anger is now at the people who fear Muslims in general
rather than at the
evil Muslims
who defile Allah
who defile Muhammad
who defile all good Muslims
who slander all good Muslims
with their horrific, barbaric and evil actions

edit on 11Tue, 17 Feb 2015 11:25:22 -0600am21702amk172 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It almost seems as if the sole agenda is creating abstract fear and not for the purpose of converting meme operatives. Hmmm.

Please just fall for it and start more wars already. What I would like to avoid, is another massive false flag attack on US soil.
Just give the controllers what they want.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Really? More? Why are they burning people? What are they trying to gain with these horrific acts? Why would any group of people taunt the entire world with such suicidal potential.

Wtf is really going on here...

In the end, if this religious war is not stopped
by the good Muslims

The entire religion may be irreparably defamed and defiled by
the actions of the
Daesh Muslims

My stance is that NO non-Muslims should be engaged in what is
really a religious war
they will only make the hatred and evil worse

A religious war can only be ended
when the
good, enlightened and modern Muslims
put an end to it themselves
with the aid and armies of Muslims countries

edit on 10Tue, 17 Feb 2015 10:54:09 -0600am21702amk172 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

You're wrong. I work around hundreds of Muslims in Nottingham every day. I feel no fear. It's all in your head.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
why the lack of news coverage?

I hope that some are starting to realize that blanket coverage of the oh-so-terrible deeds of ISIS is merely playing into their hands and being a tool to spread their propaganda.

The ISIS murder/atrocities are yet to catch up to the Christian terror group, Anti-Balaka, in the Central African Republic. But since that's in a poor African nation, and Anti-Balaka isn't social media savvy, it's not getting any news.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I see your point but then why would the same news outfit be pushing so many other ISIS horror stories? I would think they would have some sort of consistency, but I suppose it could be a discretionary thing where various news executives oversee different journalists' stories etc.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You believe that this is about religion?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You're wrong. I work around hundreds of Muslims in Nottingham every day. I feel no fear. It's all in your head.

You are looking within.

I am looking at what I see in society as a whole.

I am looking at what many Muslims report themselves here on ATS regarding the
fear and contempt
heaped upon them by people
because of the actions of the evil Daesh Muslims
and because the people who have this fear and contempt
can not, as Muslims themselves can not,
tell the difference by just a brief interaction
between the good and the evil Muslims.

edit on 11Tue, 17 Feb 2015 11:23:34 -0600am21702amk172 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The more I hear about these stories the more I wish the Muslim religion/Islam (not the people) did not even exist. Sorry, no offense, but I have never seen such brutality in my life such as this.

May those who suffer this fate rest in peace and those who have done such acts burn and have their heads cut off daily (by Allah himself) in hell....in the name of Allah.

edit on 17-2-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Top militia chief arrested in Central African Republic

Mostly Muslim Seleka fighters backed by armed Muslim civilians have battled the anti-balaka, who emerged in mainly Christian communities to avenge attacks and atrocities, but are themselves accused of serious abuses.

"who emerged in mainly Christian communities to avenge attacks and atrocities"

news.yahoo.com...

I see.
edit on 112828p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 112828p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You believe that this is about religion?

It certainly is on the part of the Islamic State fighters and supporters,
yes,
if in the minds of those who are doing these acts
it is all about religion
then perception trumps what you may think is reality

And the perception of the people doing these acts is seen quite clearly
in their statements and pronouncements
that they are doing these things in the name of Allah and Muhammad
when they release the video tapes
of their evil evil actions

Yes, it is a religious war
a holy war if you will.
Absolutely in the minds of those doing the fighting, beheading, burning alive etc.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I see your point but then why would the same news outfit be pushing so many other ISIS horror stories? I would think they would have some sort of consistency, but I suppose it could be a discretionary thing where various news executives oversee different journalists' stories etc.

Because this one is the worst

and the media is generally liberal/progressive
and maybe they feel collective guilt
at the world wide view of the Muslims

that is occurring as a result of the
evil Daesh Islamic State

which is slandering and defiling the good, enlightened, modern Muslim
to the point where
many Muslims who are good live in as much fear of the public
as the people who fear them because of their religion

edit on 11Tue, 17 Feb 2015 11:07:23 -0600am21702amk172 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It is ironic, because I was wondering today, what would happen if local Christian militia rose up against Boko Haram, would the Christian be vilified?

WHY yes, yes they would.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Just a head's up to anyone surprised by any of this, it is the intention of ISIS to have their bloody murders broadcast for the express purpose of demonstrating their brutality.

I realize that you are asking why there isn't more press on the Iraqi deaths. It could be a range of things from pro administration selective reporting and political correctness to simple visceral exhaustion.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is what happens in a war zone when the troops maintaining stability are removed to soon.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
This is what happens in a war zone when the troops maintaining stability are removed to soon.

"Infidel" troops should never have interfered in the first place
It only made matters worse

Because the "infidel" interference in a religious war
only fans the flames of what the evil Daesh Islamic State
view as a holy war.

Obama promised to get the US troops out, he lied
not only did he lie
he intends to send in more troops to fan the flames
even more

BTW: I grew up in the military and lived in the military as a spouse. I love our troops, but they have absolutely no business interfering in what is perceived by the evil Daesh Islamic State as "infidels"

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

BTW: I grew up in the military and lived in the military as a spouse. I love our troops, but they have absolutely no business interfering in what is perceived by the evil Daesh Islamic State as "infidels"

So who is ultimately responsible for causing ISIS to unfold so rapidly to become a media sensation around the globe? Who opened the breeding grounds for these pieces of ****???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join