It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State militants 'burn to death 45 in Iraq'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Anti-Balaka,"who emerged in mainly Christian communities to avenge attacks and atrocities"

the Séléka muslims
en.wikipedia.org...

The Seleka weren’t an overtly religious movement, but they were mostly Muslim, as was Michel Djotodia, the president they installed in March 2013 after taking power. The fighters that ushered in Djotodia ran wild across the country during his time in office, plundering villages and killing Christians as well as supporters of the former president Francois Bozize.[17]

"The fighters that ushered in Djotodia ran wild across the country during his time in office, plundering villages and killing Christians as well as supporters of the former president Francois Bozize."

The Seleka rebel group in Central African Republic (CAR) says it has reorganised itself to exercise greater control over its fighters.

The government condemned the move, saying the group had seized state property in the north.

The mostly Muslim rebels have been involved in heavy fighting with mainly Christian fighters in the anti-balaka militia since March 2013.

The conflict has displaced about 25% of CAR's 4.6 million population.

The African Union, France and the European Union have about 7,000 troops battling to end the conflict.

www.bbc.com...

On November 10, Human Rights Watch saw Gen. Abdallah Hamat, the military commander of a large section of Ombella-Mpoko province, amass his men in the town of Gaga to join an attack against a local armed group, known as the anti-balaka, near the town of Camp Bangui. Four days later, Human Rights Watch reached Camp Bangui and found it totally destroyed. Survivors in Camp Bangui said that Seleka forces were responsible for the devastation. Hamat and another senior military officer acknowledged that their forces had been at Camp Bangui and there had been combat, causing some damage.

www.hrw.org...

THERE IS ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Agreed. The country wasn't stable enough for us to leave... most of us who paid attention knew this would happen years ago and I maintain my stance that this has nothing to do with religion. It's about power. Islamic State are a gang, a clique, a racket, a Mafia, a posse, whatever, recruiting under the guise of working for god.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: grandmakdw

You're wrong. I work around hundreds of Muslims in Nottingham every day. I feel no fear. It's all in your head.

You are looking within.

I am looking at what I see in society as a whole.

I am looking at what many Muslims report themselves here on ATS regarding the
fear and contempt
heaped upon them by people
because of the actions of the evil Daesh Muslims
and because the people who have this fear and contempt
can not, as Muslims themselves can not,
tell the difference by just a brief interaction
between the good and the evil Muslims.

Coincidentally, like the person you are responding to, I'm also from Nottingham so a big hello to Wide-Eyes.

Now, to you, Grandmakdw, when you say 'tell the difference between the good and evil Muslims', what do you mean? Unless you saw someone leaving a mosque, or was a female wearing clothing that hid her hair/face/body using clothing or adornments associated with that faith, how would you know they were Muslim unless you had engaged in conversation?

How would you know the intentions of anyone of any faith (or lack of if atheist) unless they made those intentions clear? I wouldn't assume a follower of the Islamic faith wanted to kill someone (for reasons of faith) any more than I would assume an Irish Catholic was a member of the Real IRA. Why wouldn't I? Because statistically they are not, and terrorists using a faith to justify killing people is nothing to judge the actual faith by.

edit on 17-2-2015 by uncommitted because: added the 'or lack of' bit

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

I think one of the reasons the LSM doesn't carry this crap is because it's a propaganda tool for ISIS.

More attention equals more murders. They are just evil.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

You're wrong. I work around hundreds of Muslims in Nottingham every day. I feel no fear. It's all in your head.

You are looking within.

I am looking at what I see in society as a whole.

I am looking at what many Muslims report themselves here on ATS regarding the
fear and contempt
heaped upon them by people
because of the actions of the evil Daesh Muslims
and because the people who have this fear and contempt
can not, as Muslims themselves can not,
tell the difference by just a brief interaction
between the good and the evil Muslims.

Coincidentally, like the person you are responding to, I'm also from Nottingham so a big hello to Wide-Eyes.
Because statistically they are not, and terrorists using a faith to justify killing people is nothing to judge the actual faith by.

That is what I am saying

it is the evil Daesh Muslims
who do these barbaric, horrific and criminal acts
and actually believe they are doing it
because their religion commands it

the evil Daesh Islamic State Muslims are the ones that we should be condemning
for slandering and defiling
all Muslims

we should not be condemning those who have
been made to fear Muslims by Muslims themselves

who are doing a great job of making life
difficult and causing prejudice and bigotry
toward their fellow Muslims

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So what are we saying here, because a Christian militia rose up againt Muslim extremist we should ignore the

approximately 24,000 killed by Islamic state?

The beheadings.
The Crucifixions.

“Across the Middle East, in the last 10 years, 100,000 Christians have been murdered each year. That means every five minutes a Christian is killed because of his faith,” Father Gabriel Nadaf, who has campaigned for Christian Arab rights and for local Christians to support Israel, told the United Nations Human Rights Council in September. “Those who can escape persecution at the hands of Muslim extremists have fled. … Those who remain, exist as second if not third-class citizens to their Muslim rulers.”

An estimated 12 million Christians lived in the Middle East, according to a July estimate in the London Guardian. But that number has been thought to have decreased drastically since the ISIS summer takeover of nearly half of Iraq, including the city of Mosul, which had been home to Christians for 2,000 years.

15 Shocking Numbers That Will Make You Pay Attention To What ISIS Is Doing In Iraq

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The number of square miles thought to be under Islamic State control,

30,000 - 50,000
The number of militants now fighting with the Islamic State,

The number of nations with which the Islamic State has engaged in direct fightin

$2,000,000,000
The approximate value of the Islamic State's cash and asset

$3,000,000
The estimated daily revenue of the Islamic State, from its oil and gas resources al

The number of openly practicing Christians thought to be left in the city of Mosul,

Up to 40,000
The number of civilians initially estimated to have been trapped on Mount Sinjar last week after the Islamic State captured the town of Sin
At least 500
The number of Yazidis killed

At least 300
The number of Yazidi women taken as slaves

and this is old news, but never mind, the story should read some evil Christians fought back.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It is about personalizing the stories and how people relate to them.

The reality is that people relate to certain groups.

I wish that every murder made us feel the same but without personalizing the events it takes a bit more effort to reach people.

S+F

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I'm sorry kamatty, obviously some members don't care.

Islamists to the doorstep of Europe

The beheading of 21 Coptic Christians on a beach in Libya has brought Isis to the doorstep of Europe.

The mass murder, which provoked a volley of Egyptian air strikes on the group’s Libyan stronghold of Derna, realised long-held fears of militants reaching the Mediterranean coast.

Isis started in Iraq and now controls swathes of adjoining Syria, including along the Turkish border, as part of its so-called Islamic State.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

A GOOGLE search shows a large covering of the story from the BBC to the Washington Post to international news outlets.

The coverage results take up several pages almost of major news outlets reporting worldwide.

Just sayin....looked to see if not reported...and it was and widely so...and still is being reported around the world

No matter what...its all messed up whether 1 or 45

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

In 2008 the American and Iraqi governments signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement, after being sought by the Bush Administration and the Iraqi government. It included a specific date, 30 June 2009, by which American forces should withdraw from Iraqi cities, and a complete withdrawal date from Iraqi territory by 31 December 2011.

Sorry that was the deal we made with the people that we invaded.
Barry even extended the 30 june 09 to 10 aug 2010.
IIRC, we couldn't get a new status of force before that date to give the troops the protection they have to have from the Iraqi gov to be there.

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I'm sorry kamatty, obviously some members don't care.

Islamists to the doorstep of Europe

The beheading of 21 Coptic Christians on a beach in Libya has brought Isis to the doorstep of Europe.

The mass murder, which provoked a volley of Egyptian air strikes on the group’s Libyan stronghold of Derna, realised long-held fears of militants reaching the Mediterranean coast.

Isis started in Iraq and now controls swathes of adjoining Syria, including along the Turkish border, as part of its so-called Islamic State.

www.independent.co.uk...

Who says people don't care? I think a lot of people are (sensibly in my opinion) taking care not to paint this as a religious war. It isn't, it's a group of terrorists using their twisted take on Islam as a reason to kill other people.

link   
Don't worry Obama is going to get them jobs

Marie Harf, the State Department's no. 2 spokeswoman, said Monday night that 'lack of opportunity for jobs' in the Middle East should be US focus

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

We should totally condemn those that blindly hate the many for the actions of the lunatics...
I saw in another thread that you say you get scared when you see a women in full muslim atire on the same plane as you.

Seriously get over it, you are more likely to get shot by a cop in this great nation than killed by terrorist.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
why the lack of news coverage?

IMHO - The news only reports that which will get them viewers and bring in advertising $$. The world is tired of hearing about Iraq. Kim K's backend gets more coverage than what we should be hearing about. Sad but true.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The map below shows the spread of the ISIS organization throughout the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's odd because I haven't heard of this one on the mainstream media,

edit on 122828p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Or affiliates is a key word IMO.
Who does fox group in with them?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
It is ironic, because I was wondering today, what would happen if local Christian militia rose up against Boko Haram, would the Christian be vilified?

WHY yes, yes they would.

They must act as sheep and get slaughtered without care.

It is mind numbing that a group of persecuted Christians who actually fight back get labeled as worse than ISIS. If there is evidence this Christian group started hostilities before being persecuted, then I got it wrong. Self preservation is a basic human right, and there may also be evidence this group went beyond that which is wrong also but to go beyond even equating them with ISIS and painting them as worse.....seen it all now.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

..seen it all now.

and shocked, the topic was derailed, and aimed at Christians, unbelievable.

Looking forward to the day that someone has a Christians back,

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: kamatty
why the lack of news coverage?

I hope that some are starting to realize that blanket coverage of the oh-so-terrible deeds of ISIS is merely playing into their hands and being a tool to spread their propaganda.

The ISIS murder/atrocities are yet to catch up to the Christian terror group, Anti-Balaka, in the Central African Republic. But since that's in a poor African nation, and Anti-Balaka isn't social media savvy, it's not getting any news.

Really? How did we get a thread about

Islamic State militants 'burn to death 45 in Iraq'

Turned into a Christians are worse topic? I have known of the leanings of the upper echelons here but this is rather blatant skeptic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join