It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge: Texas Governor Greg Abbott wins federal injunction against Obama amnesty

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
And these masterpiece statements by Obama....

"This is something that we necessarily have to make choices about, because we have 11 million people here who we're not all going to deport," Obama said. "They are American by any other name except their legal papers."

Obama: 'Law is on our side' despite immigration ruling

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

and all 11 million are more than welcome to return to their countries of origin and start the paperwork to lawfully come to the US and follow their dreams.

Absent that - Don't break the law and then demand to be rewarded for it.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It seems with fighting against illegal immigration, it's always one step forward two steps back. We have been doing this dance for a very long time! Is there ever going to be an end to all the crap? When will citizens and those going through the proper channels ever come first?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

A lot of states are down right pissed off about Obama s power grab and this amnesty crap even more. I talked to Florida's Attorney General on this matter, I asked her why in the hell she had not joined the coalition of states against it in court and she responded that the papers were being filed that day and sure enough she was all over it.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That is why we need to use the courts against him till he really goes to far or leaves office. If he dares try and push even farther by ignoring the courts and the Constitution anymore, I think there will be a massive civil war real quick. People are so fed up with this crap and they see that the Republicans in Congress are just as useless by not stopping anything he does. Most people I talk with want a complete overhaul of D.C. that truly means BY the People, for the people. Not by the Banks for the Banks and big corporations.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

When will citizens and those going through the proper channels ever come first?

The fact that illegal Mexicans and minorities get a lot more help than a hard working low income white person has more pissed off than you can imagine.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Part of me wonders if the anger towards illegal immigrants is not misplaced. I say this because we all know people will try to sneak into the country in violation of the law. What really pisses me off is not so much the crime of illegal entry, but the manner in which the government shrugs its shoulders while suggesting those who don't support amnesty are somehow un-American and racist.

Politicians must be reminded that they were elected by the people they represent and not foreign interests.

If the Federal government refuses to enforce the laws on immigration then someone needs to explain to me how enforcing other laws does not create a racial double standard and violate due process.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Why is the twitter feed representing an opinion that differs from the tone of your post?

If it shouldn't represent any opinion then, a plain old link would suffice with the actual text of your title post.

If an opinion is allowed, why would it not be yours?
edit on 22-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I am not completely following what you are saying here.

The twitter link is where I first came across the information. As the story broke I started adding media sources who had more information than the initial post.

The twitter feed, for all intents and purposes, is the opinion of the person who tweeted it. The media outlets presented the information in the usual msm manner.

There will always be differences.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Maybe I am just being too picky and reading into it too much.
edit on 22-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

No civil war and he is doing so.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Maybe I am just being too picky and reading into it too much.

The part you just highlighted is not from me. That was added by Skepticoverlord when he highlighted the thread on ATS's twitter feed.

If you look at the bottom of the post you will see where people have edited the thread. His specific edits are present -

This thread has been promoted on the ATS Twitter Feed with the following image

edit on 17-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: ADDED TO TWITTER

edit on 23-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join