It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge: Texas Governor Greg Abbott wins federal injunction against Obama amnesty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

oh-forgot the most important thing:

During the 10 years-there would be ZERO money transfers (western union,etc.) going into mexico.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Huh.
Yes, that would put a damper on business, wouldn't it.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What a bunch of idiots.

The economy can't bare this strain much longer.

That was about the best option we had to fix this mess.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

How much you think that is all gonna cost?

And it would be the tax dollars that pay it, how do you get the money?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: Xcathdra

Walls and a militarized zone along the southern border-only after that is complete-immediately begin deporting all illegal aliens from our correctional facilities.

Over 10 years of non stop quick deportation from construction sites,residences,etc.,we would be able to make it "not profitable" to break into the country.

Basically follow the laws that already exist-but to an extreme-drop the anchor baby law.

And what do you do of the Reservations that own parts of the US/Mexico border as part of their lands? They have no incentive to secure it, as they like crossing the border freely, and get preferential treatment from the cartels they let move through.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am surprised they found a judge that could exercise common sense. Thank God there are still sane people in our judicial system.

Well, let's take a look at some Geography. OP's source stated a Federal Judge from Brownsville, TX made the call. Here's a close up of the Texas/Mexico border.

The judge has surely seen firsthand the problems of illegal immigration for decades now.

ETA: For a sense of scale, distance between Corpus to Brownsville is 160 miles.

edit on 2172015 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Wacko anti-immigraiton judge in backwater town in Texas...color me surprised NOT! I'm 100% the White House anticipated this, I expect this injection to be lifted almost instantly in the upcoming weeks.

From the New York Times

Some legal scholars said any order by Judge Hanen to halt the president’s actions would be quickly suspended by the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in New Orleans.

“Federal supremacy with respect to immigration matters makes the states a kind of interloper in disputes between the president and Congress,” said Laurence H. Tribe, a professor of constitutional law at Harvard. “They don’t have any right of their own.”

Link
edit on 2/17/2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

The exception would be when an action is taken that is in violation of current federal law as well as an an injury to separation of powers. Since the state of Texas can be injured by Obama's order they have standing to challenge its validity.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: Xcathdra

Walls and a militarized zone along the southern border-only after that is complete-immediately begin deporting all illegal aliens from our correctional facilities.

Over 10 years of non stop quick deportation from construction sites,residences,etc.,we would be able to make it "not profitable" to break into the country.

Basically follow the laws that already exist-but to an extreme-drop the anchor baby law.

Sounds like you want to live in a prison. Sorry but everyone born in this country is a citizen of this country. Too bad we didn't have walls and a militarized zone when all the whites decided to come here from Europe and ruin this nation.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: muse7

The exception would be when an action is taken that is in violation of current federal law as well as an an injury to separation of powers. Since the state of Texas can be injured by Obama's order they have standing to challenge its validity.

Seeing how much Texas depends on the cheap labor of illegal immigrants I can see why this judge is against the new law. It might actually force the cheap pricks who hire them to pay them higher wages.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Or they could use the system in place to enter the US legally and obtain employment at the same wages everyone else makes.

Why reward criminal behavior?

Secondly if you looked around you will find immigrants who came to the US legally and obtained citizenship who are pissed about Obama's actions. What they worked their asses off to obtain is just being handed to those who refused to abide by the law.

its sets a horrible standard / precedent.
edit on 17-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

How do you know how much Texas relies on cheap labor???? I work with a number of people who immigrated here the hard way, they all have legal status, and guess what.... They think the amnesty deal is stupid too.. It is a slap in the face to them for what they had to go through to come here and try their hand at a better life.

I'm not anti-immigration, but a secure border is absolutely warranted here. Texas belongs to Texans, if it were up to us, the border would be a 20 foot wall, electrified, gunned, whatever.

For those of you who haven't been to Brownsville, or any of southern Texas, it has been transformed over the last 20 years in unimaginable ways. It was nice when I was a teenager. Now it's practically a slum from Corpus Christy down.

I hope Obama loses.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Taking power away from the cartels by legalizing small quantities of some now illegal drugs would be a start. Americas battle against communism in the 80's saw many countries embattled in brutal civil wars. Leaders were toppled and replaced with puppet regimes that had anti communistic pro democratic governments. Along this path many innocent lives were lost.

The corruption coupled with the illegal drug trade has created waves of migrants seeking relief from governments that have been tinkered with throughout the years. These people were caught in the middle of a brutal occupations, which to this day has scarred the landscape, and left behing an era of people battling and struggling against corrupt institutions of government.

IMO, yes something needs to be done. But rounding people up like cattle and herding them back across the border is not the answer. We are not ruthless, heartless, or ignorant of the history where these people come from, and how perversion and exploitation has led us down this path.

Surely, America is better than this...or at least I would hope so.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Yea, in case you haven't noticed, we have our own corrupt government to deal with now. Are these migrants going to help us in our fight against our puppet regime? Nope they will be used to support it. They get free crap, and they won't want to give that up. Even when it gets much worse here, the migrants will still have it better than they had it.

They need to be deported. It is a quiet insurgency in the making, but the PC crowd won't realize this ever.

Boba

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

We are all facing the same thing. Sovereign governments no longer exist, and the same ones who hold our government hostage are the same ones that are doing it around the globe. Believing that we have a sovereign government or any one for that matter, IMO, would be naive.

We are on the cusp of a global takeover, where sovereignty and independent nations will be subject to transnational laws in favor of corporations, they are the law, unfortunately.

So while we bicker and believe our governments are sovereign and independent and ordinary people are the problem, the tentacles of complete control and subservience are stretching outward.

Yes, there is a constitution, and yes there are laws, however, it makes no difference. When the TPP and TAFTA are finalized, (hopefully not) whether through peace or war, you and l, plus everyone else, and our governments will be controlled by elite corporations.

Then, and maybe then, people will realize we need each other, no matter who or where your from.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If an actual Article V convention is ever held I sincerely hope penalties are added for breaking the oath of office.

After Obama publicly stated several dozens of times that he did not have the powers to make, modify law he turned right around and did so.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Or they could use the system in place to enter the US legally and obtain employment at the same wages everyone else makes.

Why reward criminal behavior?

Secondly if you looked around you will find immigrants who came to the US legally and obtained citizenship who are pissed about Obama's actions. What they worked their asses off to obtain is just being handed to those who refused to abide by the law.

its sets a horrible standard / precedent.

The change to the law only applies the people that was brought here as children it will not apply to the people coming in now.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

How do you know how much Texas relies on cheap labor?

It's called a search engine ever hear of it?
How much did illegal immigrants contribute to Texas’ economic boom?

I'm not anti-immigration, but a secure border is absolutely warranted here. Texas belongs to Texans, if it were up to us, the border would be a 20 foot wall, electrified, gunned, whatever.

That not only is a state border but it is a national border as well. If you want to live in a prison fine just build your little fence inside of Texas and not on the national border.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Neat article. Thanks for that.

Look I don't want to live in a prison either. Here is a question though. How can the FSMA mandate that a fence be built around the processing facility that I work at to comply with security requirements, but then leave the country wide open? Does that make any sense? Is the threat real or is it not?

I know the onus ultimately falls on the individual in regard to security.

Still.... A secure border does not make a prison.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'd go as far as to say that they embrace this--it gives them fodder for the masses who support them that the Repubs are uncompromising, and it allows Obama to pretend that he had all of these great plans that just couldn't get implemented because of the Repubs.

It allows the Rs the same opportunities, though, but they actually need to write up and pass bills in order to support their claims that they tried to do this or that and that Obama is an obstructionist.

Broke-ass system.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join