It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 Feasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I know many people who is starting to keep this feast, and is looking for in formation on how to keep them. There was a thread last year on why it should be kept, and a thread explaining the feasts was promised, but the member left or was removed, so I thought I would do this.

I would please ask that this thread not turn into an religious war-zone, and platform for arguments. That part was already done on the other thread. This is just for those who find this interesting, is looking for more information, or may be able to add to this!

The 7 Feasts of YHVH

Leviticus 23:1
“And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.”

7 Feasts of YHVH

Yeshua Messiah’s First Coming

1) Pesach / Passover - FULLFILLED!
2) Feast of Unleavened Bread - FULLFILLED!
3) Feast of First fruits - FULLFILLED!
4) Shavuot / Pentecost - FULLFILLED!

Yeshua Messiah’s Second Coming

5) Feast of Trumpets - NOT FULLFILLED
6) Day of Atonement - PARTIALLY FULLFILLED IN FIRST COMING
7) Feast of Tabernacles / Sukkot - NOT FULLFILLED

Why Celebrate the Feasts of YHVH?

1) The Feasts are a prophetic shadow picture if things to come (and already fulfilled)
The spring feasts (first 4) pointed to the Messiah’s first coming and the fall feasts (last 3) points to His 2nd coming & Kingdom & eternity.
Humans are not only spiritual beings, but we are physical beings as well, therefore we need physical means and methods to understand spiritual things. From the beginning, YHVH has given us the natural to help us understand the supernatural (spiritual).

2) The Word Fulfills the Word.
All the feast days point to Yeshua, the name means “Salvation”, Feasts point to Believers' path to Salvation & our reconciliation with YHVH.

3) It is YHVH’s Feasts.
The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.” It is therefore part of the Basic Principles we need to adhere to, not under Law, but drawn to out of a LOVE relationship with YHVH our God.

4) The Feast Days were ordained at Creation.
Genesis 1:14 And Elohim said,” Let there be light in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.”
Leviticus 23:4 “ These are the Feasts of YHVH, even holy convocations, which you shall proclaim in their seasons.”

*Note Original Hebrew: pronoun indicates that the feast days “own” or “possess” the seasons, thus predate the seasons which are determined by the astral bodies.

5) The Feast days are forever.
Exodus 12:14 “And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and you shall keep it a feast to YHVH throughout your generations; you shall keep it a feast by an ordinance forever.”
Leviticus 23:14 “It shall be a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.”

6) Feast Days were observed by Jesus and in the renewed covenant.
Acts 18:21, Acts 20:16 Pentecost Passover / Unleavened Bread / Feast of Tabernacles
Acts 20:16 Pentecost; 1 Cor 5:7-8 Passover, Unleavened Bread, Acts 27 – Day of Atonement

Feast no 1: Passover (Pesach)

Old Testament Significance

Redemption from bondage in Egypt
Event: Blood of the Passover lamb saves / redeems

Fulfillment by Yeshua / Future Significance

Believers in Christ redeemed by the bondage of sin
Reconciliation with God the Father through Christ and the Power of the Holy Spirit
Event: Crucifixion – the Blood of the Passover Lamb, Yeshua Saves / redeems!

Scripture

1 Peter 1:18-19 “Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.”

Feast no 2: Feast of Unleavened Bread (Hag Ha Matzot)

Purging of all leaven (symbol of sin)

Believers In Christ are cleansed from sin (leaven) through the Blood of the Lamb
Event: Crucifixion – Sanctification & Justification

Scripture

1 Corinthians 5:7 “Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.”

Feast No 3: Feast of First Fruits

Thanksgiving for First Fruits, the promise of the harvest to come. The first of the grain to be presented to God in thankfulness

Christ, the First to rise from the dead – the promise of resurrection and eternal life for all who believe in Him
Event: The Resurrection of Christ

Scripture

1 Corinthians 15:20-22b “But now is Christ risen from the dead…the first fruits of them that slept, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.”

2 Corinthians 5:21 ”God made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.”

Feast No 4: Feast of Weeks / Pentecost (Shavuot)

7 weeks after Passover, ingathering of the first harvest
God giving the Law at Mount Sinai – the law given on stone tablets

God’s first harvest of those redeemed in Christ (Jews & Gentiles)
God’s Law written on the hearts of the redeemed
50 days after Resurrection
Event: Coming of the Holy Spirit & The Birth of the Church

Scripture
Hebrews 10:16 “I will put my laws in their hearts, and in their minds will I write them”
Acts 2:1,4,41b “ And when the day of Pentecost was fully come….they were all filled with the Holy Spirit….”

Feast No 5: Feast of Trumpets
also called Yom Teruah or Rosh Hashana

Old Testament Significance (Time of repentance & reflection)

Trumpets / Shofars are blown to prepare for Day of Atonement (Next Feast in 10 days time)
Also the first day of the Seventh Month (Holy Month)
Yom Teruah meaning: “Day of the Awakening Blast”

The Beginning of the regathering of Israel to the land in preparation for the final Day of Atonement
Return of Christ: the Bride of Christ must be ready!
We are entering the prophetic time of 10 Virgins, Mat 25, oil lamps ready, don’t be weary and asleep while waiting for the coming of the Bridegroom!
Spiritual picture of the “Church Age” which is the period between Shavuot (Pentecost) and the returning of Yeshua Messiah.
Sounding of the Trumpet / Shofar is a call to awake from spiritual “drowsiness”, sleep, and repentance of sin.

(Continue -->)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
(Continued)

Scripture

Jeremiah 32:37 “Behold, I will gather them out of all countries where I have driven them in My anger, in My fury, and in great wrath; I will bring them back to this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely. 38 They shall be My people, and I will be their God.”
1 Corintians15:52 “We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 “For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God.”

Feast of Trumpets: How do we celebrate?

Blow the Shofar during the 2 days!! And read this scripture out aloud: (Eph 5:14)
“Awake Sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”
Focus on repentance & reflection before YHVH God.
Read the Parable of the 10 Virgins – Matthew 25
With Shabbat – theme: Wedding feast of the Lamb (decorate the table as such, white linen and silver, talk about purity.
With dinner: apples dipped in honey.(Song of Songs 2:3-5)
This is also a time of personal reflection, repentance – next ten days until Day of Atonement (redemption).
Ask the Holy Spirit (Ruach Ha Kodesh) to lead you!
Make it a family feast with Shabbat.

Why blow the Shofar?

To Praise and Worship YHVH God! (Ps 150:3)
As a wake up call or warning signal. (Joel 1:1, 12 –)
We can use it as a watchman. (Read the whole of Ez 33)
As part of spiritual warfare for the souls of men. (2 Cor 4:4)
To fight against strongholds (eg in people’s minds – Islam etc). (Joshua 6)
The Gentiles can sound a call for the Jews to return to their land and to Yeshua. (Isa 27:13)
It is blown at the coronation of a King! (1 Kings 39) We blow it in anticipation of the coming of our King and Bridegroom Adonai Yeshua ha Meshiach! (1Thes 4:16)
The Shofar will blow when Christ comes for His Bride! (1Thes 4:16)

Feast No 6: Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) (Redemption)

Climax of repentance, day of redemption and forgiveness under the Law (High Priest going into the Holy of Holies to atone for the sins of the people)

Believers in Christ forgiven by one atonement for all time – Partially Fulfilled
Atonement for the rest of Israel of those redeemed in Christ (Jews & Gentiles)

Scripture

Hebrews 9:28 “So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many”
Zechariah 12:10, 13:1 “And I will pour upon the House of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and supplications: and they shall look upon Me, whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for Him….In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and Jerusalem for sin and uncleanness..”

Day of Atonement: How do we celebrate?

Now that we as Christians have received atonement (redemption) because we believed in Yeshua, we can fast and pray for the Jews thanking YHVH God for all the treasures we have received through them (Jews)
1. The Scriptures
2. The Covenants
3. The Feasts
4. The Promises and Blessings
5. And ultimately the Messiah, Yeshua!

Shabbat – with emphasis on redemption through our Lord Jesus Christ the Messiah.
This is also a good opportunity to pray for the Shalom Peace of Jerusalem! (Psalm 122:6)

Feast No 7: THE Feast of Tabernacles! (Sukkot)

Harvest Celebration! Time of rejoicing!
Theme: In memory of living in temporary shelters / tabernacles in wilderness.
Theme: total dependence on God while exposed to elements of nature in wilderness.

Joyous Celebration! All peoples nations of the earth brought under the rule of the KING Yeshua Messiah.
New Heaven and New Earth under the YHVH’s Kingdom – New Jerusalem.

Scripture

Zechariah 14:16 “Every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of Hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles”
Revelation 21:3 “And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God”.

Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot): How do we celebrate?

Build a Sukkah! The celebration centers around and in the Sukkah / hut.
Fruit & Vegetables for eating and decorations.
Special festive meals (Amelia’s Biblical recipes to follow).
Light the Minora (7 candles) or some oil / paraffin lamps - Yeshua the Light of the World.
Pouring of water in a bowel – Yeshua, the Living Water.
Praise & Worship.
Make it a Joyful Feast!

The Sukkah / Hut / Tabernacle

During the week of the Feast, the celebration centers in and around the Sukkah / temporal shelter / gazebo.
The significance of the festival is all wrapped up in this shaky structure, as it is experienced, its true meaning is revealed.

The Sukkah has several symbolism:

1. It is a reminder that the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness, living in temporal huts / shelters in total dependence on YVHV God
2. The Sukkah is a reminder of the temporary endurance of material buildings vs permanent and abiding strength of YHVH and the Heavenly shelter that he promises.
3. Fruits & Vegetables “ When you have gathered the crops of the land, you shall celebrate the feast for 7 days” Lev 23:39. Thanksgiving to God for the harvest! (today – soul harvest, fruit of the Spirit)

Building a Sukkah

This should not be a strong , well built sturdy structure, it should be flimsy and shaky to symbolize this principle: “Abraham trusted God , and when God told him to leave home and go far away to another land which He promised to give him, Abraham obeyed. Away he went, not even knowing where he was going. And even when he reached God’s promised land, he lived in tents like a mere visitor, as did Isaac and Jacob, to whom God gave the promise. Abraham did this because he was confidently waiting for God to bring him to that strong heavenly city whose designer and builder is YHVH God (Heb 11:8-10)

“For we know that the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from GOD, a house not made with hands, eternal in heavens. (2 Cor 5:1)

During this week, have dinner in the Sukkah, you can even sleep in the Sukkah!

Start building the Sukkah before the week feast of Tabernacles begins – it is great fun for the whole family! Parents, teach your kids the symbolism and relevance while building.

You can use a gazebo / poles with linen / decorate with fruits, vegetables, lights and palm leaves.

Let the Holy Spirit guide you! Have fun!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

I watch the feast days for prophecies and historical trends, but keeping the feasts is not necessary in this age as the Law has been fulfilled. Even if you did "keep the feasts" how do you even know which calendar is correct. I jesus' day, there existed the Sadducean Sabbatarian calendar, the Pharicean Luni-solar calendar, and the Essean Enochian calendar to name a few...none of which were correct.

I believe I possess the knowledge of the true biblical calendar, but would anyone believe me? So far very few do.

Only time will tell if my reconstructed calendar is correct if the Rapture fulfills the Solar Feast of Trumpets on 9/16/2016. We will see.

No man know the day or hour of the Second Advent, since Jesus will cut the Tribulation short for the elect, but the Rapture must happen on the Feast of Trumpets.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"Now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and beggarly elemental spirits, whose slaves you want to be once more?
You observe days, and months, and seasons, and years!
I am afraid I have laboured over you in vain". Galatians ch4 vv9-11

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
and
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Did I not ask you not to debate your view on this subject?
If you want to do that, please do it here->

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I would please ask that this thread not turn into an religious war-zone, and platform for arguments. That part was already done on the other thread. This is just for those who find this interesting, is looking for more information, or may be able to add to this!

You said not to turn this into a war zone...I dont remember being disrespectful. Do you expect everyone to just come and agree with you? Also, I did contribute to your thread: I pointed out that in Jesus' day their were multiple calendars in competition with each other. I also gave you the annual date of Yowm Theruah based on the Pale-Hebrew Solar Calendar (according to my research).

So, which calendar are you observing?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

That is a fair point, and my oppologies. I am just trying to avoid any form of arguments pr debates.

On the calender, not sure, the Jewish.calender? I never really looked into that.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

No worries. You should look into the different calendars. I maintain that the true calendar starts and ends with the vernal equinox, rather than the closest new moon to the vernal equinox. Each month is 30 days in exception for the 12th month which has 35 to 36 days. Basically, its 360+5.25 days long. This calendar seems to work the best with the prophecies in my opinion.

Here is a hint: rosh khodesh literally means head of the month, not new moon.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I think I should yes.

As far as I know, the one fears, I am not sure, so I don't want to guess, is announced by the first night of the new moon, the waning crescent. And using the Jewish calendar, (if that is in fact its real name) to predict the date of the next years feast, you get pretty close, sometimes you get it right, and other times you are off by a day.

top topics

join