It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation and Karma

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: toxicspikes

There is no reincarnation, nor no chance of it, for in order to retain the same life experience, memories, personality, "soul" or what have you, a body would have to be arranged in the exact same manner, in the exact same time and space, with the exact same environmental conditions.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Lol ... You always make me think or should I say self question my own belief system to re-evaluate it by entertaining your ideas ... Why ... Because you are a wordsmith ... a good one ... and I love words ... words that have substance .. my lack of skill in word-smithery becomes apparent as I struggle at the keyboard to find the true one's to put over my heartfelt ideas ...

But my gut tells me you that you have a cut off point ... The same as those who sweep belief in the soul away with such statements as "When you die that it is" ... Nice and neat because belief in the soul can not be proved by hard evidence until we actually die ... and I for one Hope you are surprised to find ... that you still are always what you have been once the veil is lifted ... Sure the physical body dies as is natural but what of the thought ... do you think thought is made in the brain or is the brain merely a receiver of thought

Personality is a contrivance ... A set of predictable responses to given stimuli ...
A box to keep a character of oneself or others in ...
One can have any kind of body ... it would not alter the essence of the being who uses that body ... nor would the time one was born in matter ... people are much the same through all the ages apart from superficial aspects such as place

Life experience moulds the character ... but from what ... Is the newborn a blank sheet that life writes it's story on ... or is the newborn a soul in it's own right... that life creates a personalty from by reaction to experiences ... not forgetting the indoctrinated ideas put upon it ...
edit on 16-2-2015 by artistpoet because: typos lots of them

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm not so sure that if you live a bad life you need to come back.

I think that when you die you are reunited with God and have the choice to come back again if you chose and I think most of us chose to come back multiple times, perhaps hundreds. Or, perhaps, we chose to come to earth in various states of awareness...some of us like Jesus and others like Hitler...perhaps Jesus needs to only be here the once but Hitler and those like him might take hundreds of reincarnations to be enlightened enough to remain with god after death, with each life helping us to get further enlightened.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
From my point of view:

I think this place is multi purpose:
1 Some souls are here to play around and have fun and are allowed to be on higher levels.
2 Some souls are here to learn things to advance the level they can handle to be on without hurting others and clean up old messes they have created (karma).
3 Some souls have "fallen" from the higher levels for other reasons.

I would define every human as a spirit in human vehicle.

I believe if you learn a skill in one life you will relearn it very fast/naturally in another life so if there is something you like to know/understand that is hard it is still good to start to practice that skill. Every thing you clean up you will not have to clean up later. Every karma you create will have to be cleaned up sooner or later so creating new karma is not wise.

Never had an NDE or Out of body experience so I cannot talk about those. Played around with light/energized body states a little so I know that exists. I normally think of spirituality as a scientist. Test and verify.

edit on 16-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

More like dumb luck

Synchronicity from my point of view. The mysterious ways of fate that we do not understand fully scientifically/spiritually.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

There is no reincarnation, nor no chance of it, for in order to retain the same life experience, memories, personality, "soul" or what have you, a body would have to be arranged in the exact same manner, in the exact same time and space, with the exact same environmental conditions.

We are not talking about your mind/body being reincarnated. It is the unconscious you that gets a new body and continue on as a new "you". Another player in the game of life. Put another spirit in the same space time and the body I was born with and that spirits experience combined with mind body would have been different since another spirit would not have made the same choices as I. Every moment is a death of the old you and a birth of a new you. Being the same and constant is an illusion.
edit on 16-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

My friend,

Everyone should question their own belief systems—at least for the exercise.

The body is both the physical and the mental “essence” of a human being. Saying otherwise is like calling the star that arises before the sun in the east “The Morning Star”, and the star that shows up in the west after sunset “the Evening star”. They are both Venus when examined a little closer.

In other words, there is no essence of someone, nor a little being inside the head operating the body. Such physics, chemistry and biology is impossible, let alone logical.

Mind and matter, body and soul, are simply two ways to name one thing. What is left of the soul in our discourse is in direct proportion to what we do not yet understand about the body. The veil you are trying to lift is a linguistic one.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

We are not talking about your mind/body being reincarnated. It is the unconscious you that gets a new body and continue on as a new "you". Another player in the game of life. Put another spirit in the same space time and the body I was born with and that spirits experience combined with mind body would have been different since another spirit would not have made the same choices as I. Every moment is a death of the old you and a birth of a new you. Being the same and constant is an illusion.

What “unconscious you” might that be?

If you can direct me to anything other than empty words and dogmas in its regard, you might have a point. But if you point me to more words and ideas, then you are speaking of nothing but words and ideas.

You see, you are talking about the body; you just don't realize it or refuse to admit it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Interesting topic OP. Similar topics have been discussed many times here at ATS. I for one believe we (humanity) are a part of this universe and we are bound by its principles and laws just like every other living being. The universe and nature show us everything is in a cyclical cycle. Life, death, rebirth. Be it seasonal, yearly, or over eons. We can't escape it.

In regards to karma. It would make sense if the two are tied together. Good and evil, light and darkness, ying and yang they all have the same meaning and we almost all believe in it. We see it daily. Every other universal or natural system is self balancing so it would make sense if light and dark were also balanced in some way. For example you kill, murder, and rape in this life. When you die you come back as a victim of a murderer or rapist. This is of course a basic example but I like to think that the scum of earth and the universe are handled accordingly.

This would also associate on a personal level how we all seem to be on different degrees of progression as a conscious being. That does seem to hint at a sort of class system to it all a young soul or a old soul. Do you need a god to tell you that you graduated the 3rd grade? Your teacher grants you that. Our teacher would be?... Life? Our diploma would be?... Wisdom?

This is of course my humble way of looking at things and trying to understand this crazy world.

Allan Watts can explain it far better than I could ever hope for....

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

In other words, there is no essence of someone, nor a little being inside the head operating the body.

BUT BUT ..... it must be true I have evidence

The Numbskulls (Cartoon from my childhood days)
edit on 16-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

We are all basically the same in that sense then aren't we?

a body would have to be arranged in the exact same manner

We are arranged in the same manner starting from a single cell.

in the exact time and space.

8 months(roughly) in our mothers womb.

with the exact same environmental conditions.

Again womb

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
www.differencebetween.net...

Also something to peruse (or not as I'm currently traveling a Free Will zone...)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

To 1 subjectively, reincarnation is part of the processing of energy.
The relocation, displacement, reforming as well as relocation of the energy can be associated to what is called karma if the energy being processed is granted an awareness BY A HIGHER BEING OR GROUP OF THEM of its past benevolent or malevolent activities and its new more benevolent or malevolent realm of EXISTENCE where it recognizes itself...

On or near EA*RTH for example some past energy may incarnate/manifest/spawn here in alien/higher being or human form but another past energy may be reincarnated in the same realm but say now its born as a chicken on a human chicken farm, and the levels of incarnate and reincarnated may ascend higher perhaps depending on your activities or deeds demonstrated from your past experience form taken within this Universal Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy school-placement Energy containment device...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Don't die with any regrets concerning others. You'll only have to come back and live another life to correct your karma. And i ain't planning on coming back here

But then you realise that time is an illusion, we are multi dimensional beings playing out all our lives at once and all in harmony. Tune in and you can play the game to your own tune.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
But what would those higher beings be to those they are guiding or overseeing throughout Existence? Helping some CREATOR Creation Energy Groups CCEG ascend and incarnate-spawn into higher frequencies of existence and overseeing others who may require more learning time and are so then reincarnated into lower forms to perhaps learn what its like to be prey when they were once predators... This learning lesson if granted full awareness from the past of being a predator to being aware as prey now can TEACH the consciousness perhaps. And the next try around after being prey the subconsciousness may better guide the CCEG to behave more peacefully with the memory now wiped or limited...

Interesting thread OP

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

You've hit the nail on the head about our memory being wiped or limited. Enlightenment or the path to it, is what they say unlocks these memories and those 'past' lives become useful to us. Connecting with the other aspects of our multidimensional soul makes us stronger spiritually and ultimately so enlightened that we ascend to another level of experience. For eg godheads, angels, guardians, architects etc.

Or some of us may return to our live in a different galaxy on a world alien to this one. And we'll live happy fulfilled new lives after repaying our karma to the ancient humans of earth after we corrupted them with lizard blood. Or some of us may come back as a snottite. Human, alien, snotite or snake it doesn't really matter. It's just a game. A collective dream of sorts. The question is who are the dreamers? Maybe 'god' is the dreamer and we are his dreams.

The soul is universal. From an ant to an alien, we've been it/will be it/are being it now. And we will all be everything.

The All is everything, the universe is mental.
edit on 16/2/2015 by daftpink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
To add: Fear not, You are NOT Your body.. Rid the Self of 'attachment' ... Where thought is "real" and the physical is the "illusion".. Get this and You won't ever have a "want" and all Your 'needs' will be met. The more You use the more You'll get..

"It" isn't what 'they' tell You 'it' is...

Learn, Teach and Have Fun. And may the wind be at Your back along the way...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Enlightenment or the path to it, is what they say unlocks these memories and those 'past' lives become useful to us.

1 agrees daftpink
exercising the mental capacity within the processor or brain of the current Environment suit we carry can be helpful in unlocking some of the past experience data.
Consider the bloodlines carrying information within them from the beginning of the bloodlines and the current processor or brain being the unlocker of the genetic data within the blood that flows through it.
Now add in the enlightenment practices like health awareness good eating habits and exercise, which help to strengthen the blood and also meditation processes and scientific data verifying meditation has physical effects on the physical brain-processor and you get some proof that something physical is going on with these metaphysical practices.

Proof that meditation CAN grow your brain: In just eight weeks it can improve learning and memory
Practicing meditation helps build denser grey matter in parts of the brain associated with learning and memory, controlling emotions and compassion
In a study 16 volunteers had their brains scanned before and after an eight week 'mindfulness' course
Just eight weeks of meditation can produce enough structural changes large enough to be picked up by MRI scanners.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Connecting with the other aspects of our multidimensional soul makes us stronger spiritually and ultimately so enlightened that we ascend to another level of experience. For eg godheads, angels, guardians, architects etc.

Accepted logic daftpink

Or some of us may return to our live in a different galaxy on a world alien to this one. And we'll live happy fulfilled new lives after repaying our karma to the ancient humans of earth after we corrupted them with lizard blood.

Your speaking of incarnating elsewhere after ascending from here once balance has been made for past ignorance's, possibly. Makes sense to 1 also...

NAMASTE*******

edit on 2/16/15 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

if I were to reincarnate into different circumstances that would surely alter the way I see and understand things and maybe influence me to develop less than I am currently, then of what use has this present life been?

Our higher self always remains with us driving us to the goal we seek.
edit on 16 2 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

You are not your body? I wouldn't dare you to prove it because you might hurt yourself...or I mean you might hurt your body. Saying we are not our bodies might be the biggest irrational error ever spouted in the history of mankind,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join