It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of Four Shot Dead in Road Rage Incident

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Sounds like someone that has no business owning a gun to me.
How are supposed to tell. One day you're fine the next you're not.

Gun laws too stiff? Nope.
edit on 16-2-2015 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Update

Police now say Meyers, after returning home, went searching for the other driver. She was joined by her 22-year-old son, who had a gun, police said in a news conference Tuesday. The pair drove around looking for a gray or silver sedan. Meyers and her son found the vehicle, police said, and followed it for a while before Meyers decided to go home.

See, I thought the story sounded really weird..... Still don't sound right. I am thinking the son brandished the gun, then they pulled out their guns, and that is why they got chased home and gunned down. Why else would she get the son with a gun and go out looking for them?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Thanks for the update, that does change the picture quite a bit.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer
Another update

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Police arrested a suspect Thursday in the road-rage killing of a Las Vegas mother after SWAT teams swarmed a home about a block from the site where she was shot a week ago.

Melissa Mours, who lives next door to the suspect, said several people showed up at her neighbor's house this week and knocked on the door, including at least one Meyers family member.

Sounds to me more like a neighborly feud or something. Convoluted mess. The family apparently knew who he was all along and kept it from the police...... Why would they do that?
edit on Thu, 19 Feb 2015 18:44:24 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Las Vegas police arrest suspect in road-rage killing

Thanks again for the updates; here is a bit more info:

Meyers knew Nowsch, which is how she identified the road-rage suspect, Robert Meyers told reporters later Tuesday afternoon. She gave him money and "tried to teach him how to be a man," the Associated Press reported. KLAS-TV said Tammy Meyers "had spent countless hours consoling the teen."

Meyers' daughter told police that while her mother was driving her home, a man in a silver car sped up and drove alongside them, the Las Vegas Sun reported. The daughter said she then reached over and honked the horn. The driver stopped in front of them, got out, and angrily approached their vehicle.

Police said that after Meyers dropped her daughter off at home, she had her daughter wake her 22-year-old son, Brandon, who grabbed a 9mm pistol. He and his mother then went looking for the suspect.

They spotted the suspect's vehicle and followed it before returning home, followed by the suspect. Family members said that three people were in the car, and that one fired several shots. Her returned fire, and Meyers, who was standing in the driveway, was hit during the exchange.

"I did what I had to do to protect my family," Brandon Meyers said afterward. "Everyone can think what they have to think. I did it for a reason. And I'd do it for anyone I love."

No other charges have been filed so far.

The mother knew and even tried to help out this piece of filth, this kid and his friends also seemed to be the aggressors in the initial driving altercation.

Hope he fries.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Karma came calling on a group of people. The family knew it was a neighbor but talked as though they didn't know.

Going home and getting the son and a gun to go hunt down the person doesn't sound like a woman scared and makes the family looks like aggressors.

And who shot first?

Bad decisions by all around.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Drugs will be the ultimate cause of all the poor decisions made here.... well, that mixed with guns. A'int that America!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer
Yeah, according to people that have been caught lying, and kept info from the police though. This whole thing seems too weird to me.

Out with 15 year old daughter near midnight on a school night giving driving lessons. Daughter reaching over and honking at a driver for going too fast. Dude gets out and yells at them and leaves. Mother goes and picks up the son and a gun and goes to his house for what? What happened there? Son brandishes the gun I am betting, why else bring it to a confrontation otherwise? Who knows, the son might have shot first for all we know.

She gave him money and "tried to teach him how to be a man," the Associated Press reported. KLAS-TV said Tammy Meyers "had spent countless hours consoling the teen."

WTF is that about? That seems super weird to me...
edit on Thu, 19 Feb 2015 20:24:43 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

What happened there? Son brandishes the gun I am betting...

That is what I thought may have happened. One person with a gun provoking another. that often doesn't end well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join