It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess who wants to spend $52 million on a 10-day space voyage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

It appears that Lady Gaga is not the only musician who wants to take a trip to the International Space Station and perform live in from there, other candidates are also gearing up to achieve the dream of singing from space. Among such group of singers is Sarah Brightman, The British Opera singer.

She has set aside a whooping sum of $52 million for her 10-day trip to the International Space Station in September this year (same year +Lady Gaga will sing a song on a Virgin Galactic ship).

Man I am so dang jealous, I'd LOVE to take a ride up there.
Go for your dreams girl, you earned it!!!
Story

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Lucky! That's one of the first things I would do if I had the money too.
edit on 2/14/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: misread the OP

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

They can afford to go and have the connections...so I say...why not! I would go if I could.

In 2013 i created a thread about (Lady Gaga) singing in space.

Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Yes, I remember her wanting to do that...I think a concert broadcast in space would be amazing!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Lady Gaga will probably record some songs up there along with a video which will make her all the money back.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted before ... from 2012 a 25 minute documentary

"This is an excellent documentary-type tour of the International Space Station made by Sunita Williams in her last few days as a Commander up there......"

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

I know it is not the same as the actual experience but at least it is free

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet
That was pretty good. I've only seen clips from that before, like a short segment on how to use the toilet, but I've never seen the entire thing until now.

I think my desire to spend 6 months there has diminished after seeing that video, but spending 10 days there would be just about right, so I think Lady Gaga will enjoy that.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yes the weightlessness looks fun and also looking out of the windows at the Big Blue Ball
But like you I think 10 days would be enough to last a lifetime

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That money can be MUCH better spent.

To help people here on Earth if you have that money to WASTE.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
52 million dollars that can be better spent here on earth rather than space.

Celebrities are as useless as Politicians here in America.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Anyone who spends 52 million on a space voyage, (while at the same time, so many of her fans and their communities struggle just to survive on a daily basis here on earth) deserves to become lost out there in space.

She is useless here on earth to waste that amount of money on such nonsense.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Here's the thing. In a sense, hell yes 52 million for a rich jerk to go to space is absurd considering how much that could do here. I would revolutionize more than 1 industry with that kind of money. In another sense, it extends possibilities and dreams in many people's minds. Something that was once only for professional astronauts, is now becoming a reality for mere cultural icons. A lot of people need to "see it to believe it", and won't start thinking in terms of regular people going to space until they see someone they look up to doing it.

Heck, for half a million I could be doing some real good... it ticks me off as well, but ... it's actually necessary from a different angle.
edit on 14-2-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyTreason

You know SHE EARNED that money, why shouldnt she SPEND it the way SHE WANTS?
Well, if youre so adamant about how SHE spends HER money, how about YOU take YOUR money and help the community, no?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I can't hear you! Please, scream LOUDER!

Seriously though, if you think celebrities earn those millions when many hard workers get 100's of times less... well, I don't know man, you're missing a screw or two.

I can see someone telling me an electrical engineer deserves twice as much as a plumber, but not than a celeb deserves 100-1,000's of times that same plumber.

The logic just isn't there.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
After watching the above documentary, i would be very afraid of the hammer dropping (unexpectedly and suddenly).

I could never hit that the small hole.

I would give them ten million more to put in a deluxe bathroom for my ten day stay.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Doesnt matter, she earned it, she can spend it however she wants. She wants to go to the ISS for 52 mil, thats her business.
If I had that much money, you can bet I'd be taking a trip to the ISS
Tired of the bleeding heart liberals telling everyone else how to spend their money.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The problem with the world is much more fundamental (politics, religion, greed, desire for power and domination), so those millions spent on helping the poor would be wasted, I'm sad to point out. It's like giving a homeless person some food and money - it will help him maybe for a day, and is certainly a nice and compassionate thing to do. But it won't solve his problem, tomorrow he will be just as hungry and penniless.

If a person can spend their own money to go to space, good for them. And who says that she hadn't spent a lot of money on charities already.
edit on 15-2-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't know much about opera singers but obviously they're stacked. That's awesome that a singer out of the traditional side of music would go to that length to make sure that popstars don't get a one up on everyone with a space trick. From the looks of her she seems like a sweetheart, not a spasmatic living abstract work. No insults intended towards Lady Gaga of course but I would prefer someone like Sarah Brightman as our official space singer. Two different worlds within the realm of music, both valid. Not much else to wonder about with this one. I would love to go into space either way, for publicity or for the joyride. Sadly, not very many folk will ever get that chance no matter how much they want to go. Next generation maybe, next generation.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I hope they use the toilet wrong.

new topics

top topics

join