It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla batteries to power entire homes, to be announced in 1-2 months. Disclosure of Casimir effect?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
www.youtube.com...

a reply to: 2012newstart

Heres your video. . . It looks interesting, but Tesla better come out with something better than some rocks.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

individuals who refer to the potential difference in a electrical circuit as " electron volts " are either idiots or scammers

PS - how much work can each " artillery shell " deliver ?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
There is no mention of Casimir Effect in article or any links to such a suggestion.

Musk is describing re-purposing standard Lithium-Ion battery packs that he uses in his cars, as stationary battery packs (with inverters & control electronics) for home use. Generally a good idea for increasing power efficiency and reducing bills.

I don't see how it will increase efficiency. There is some loss on the charging and on the re-inverting and distribution.

It would be useful for load-shifting. Peak solar generation time is early afternoon, but peak demand is about 6-8 pm.

Tesla is trying to develop an additional market for the large battery plant that his company is building for a huge capital investment. They forsee that there could be any number of production problems and delays with cars which have 10,000 parts (Tesla makes most parts in-house), and it would be a problem if they have built huge battery capacity without enough cars to put them in. (though for stationary power, capacity per mass is less important than little cyclic degradation)

A charger & inverter is much simpler and something Tesla already has the technology to do, because they're selling them, just one end is on the wall and the other end is in the car.

At first it will not be a cost-effective purchase, but early adopters will do it for ecological and hobby motivations. Later on, it will be quite useful as solar & battery costs go down and it becomes practical to go off-grid. In some areas where there is no grid, his product will likely be far more powerful & cost effective than existing products.

Consider India. Hot, sunny, and the grid goes offline for hours a day. Be nice to have A/C when your neighbors are sweating buckets when it's 110F and the power's down.
edit on 16-2-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: 2012newstart
Although Tesla Motors didn't say anything about Casimir effect to be used in existing cars, nothing stops it to announce it now for the new batteries.

I have heard absolutely zero point zero that Musk is interested in Zero Point Energy.

Musk choosing to name his company 'Tesla' should have been a clue.

How could he NOT be interested?

I ask that because Musk might just be a guy that could get interested in the topic of zero point energy.

I'm sorry you're having difficulties understanding.

All I said was, since he chose to name his company 'Tesla' it stands to reason he has some interest in Nikola Tesla's theories on zero point energy.

Well, Nikola Tesla didn't believe in quantum mechanics, but quantum mechanics is real. So Tesla the man had no theory on zero-point energy which is a quantum mechanical effect.

I think Musk chose to name his company something that would help him sell cars.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I believe this invention (home powering batteries) together with other inventions of Tesla, and of other companies, will bring sooner than later the crossing of psychological threshold into the 21st century. Because the technology is already here but many people still prefer to think in terms of 20th century, some in terms of early 20 century. For the common people, not only quantum physics but also Einstein are out of scope in their everyday life. And that is perfectly understandable, with the unending crises and wars that marked the last 25 years after the Cold War. When did they have a good time to sit down with family and think, here we go as humanity? Perhaps some 0.1% had that time and always have it. Not the rest of them.

In other words, I am thankful to companies like Tesla for making the sci-fi of the bright future a useful and practical Now. Hope that better Now will arrive before the end of 2015.

The other option before humanity is unthinkable, and I speak of it in threads dedicated to WW3 and alike.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
this video was like thirty years ago. just imagine where we'd be if the government didn't suppress this technology a reply to: FormOfTheLord

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
"quantum mechanics is real" lol
a reply to: mbkennel

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

individuals who refer to the potential difference in a electrical circuit as " electron volts " are either idiots or scammers

PS - how much work can each " artillery shell " deliver ?

the more important point with what he is talking about has to do with the source of this energy and that it is non-toxic. and again this was like thirty years ago. Look how much time we've wasted because of people like you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join