It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla batteries to power entire homes, to be announced in 1-2 months. Disclosure of Casimir effect?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

rt.com...
Tesla Motors says its ambitious plan to produce battery packs strong enough to power houses will be reality within six months. The promise comes as the company revealed lower-than-expected sales figures for Model S vehicles.

“We are going to unveil the Tesla home battery, the consumer battery that would be for use in people's houses or businesses fairly soon,” company’s CEO Elon Musk said during the latest earnings call, adding that the design stage of the product is over.

The new type of battery is likely to be unveiled in the next “month or two,” Chief Technology Officer JB Straubel stated, adding that the idea is “really great” and “I'm really excited about it,” without further elaborating on the details of the design

Although Tesla Motors didn't say anything about Casimir effect to be used in existing cars, nothing stops it to announce it now for the new batteries. Indeed, what big difference if they will have to be charged with solar energy? How about the cloudy days? The solar powered car doesn't enjoy big appreciation no matter it exists for years.

Instead, announcing to the large public the practical use of the well known Casimir effect (or if you will, zero point energy) will make the big difference.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I'm guessing it will just be a box containing a battery of li-po or li-ion cells, I'd put money on it!

Their car's batteries use banks of standard 18650 Li-ion cells, same ones used in larger ecigs.
edit on 14-2-2015 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

That's certainly a proposition that will get a few offside.

Electrical Storm Anyone?

Don't get me wrong, I'd personally love to see this happen and I sincerely hope it does happen.

This is, however, a well traveled road and not only in the USA. And quoting from the source;

Other places in the U.S. have faced sometimes shockingly direct attacks on renewable energy, often through lawmakers urged on by energy industry lobbyists. Legislative attacks on solar power usually take the form of extra taxes on people using them, eliminating the economic value of relying less on the grid, even when that makes no sense. Oklahoma, Arizona and even the actual Sunshine State, Florida, have implemented or at least contemplated these kinds of solar disincentives.

As for the Casimir effect, I'd personally be guessing, highly unlikely. There are too few Tesla employees, past and present, who have died in strange and unlikely incidents.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 14-2-2015 by myselfaswell because: whateva

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
There is no mention of Casimir Effect in article or any links to such a suggestion.

Musk is describing re-purposing standard Lithium-Ion battery packs that he uses in his cars, as stationary battery packs (with inverters & control electronics) for home use. Generally a good idea for increasing power efficiency and reducing bills.

The Casimir Effect is a tiny mechanical force that indicates the presence of a quantized field of virtual particles or it could also be due to relativistic van der Waals forces, in which case it is not indicative of vacuum energy (Zero Point Energy).

edit on 14/2/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It might be something like this used.

www.technotification.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I don't say he mentioned Casimir effect, I make it clear in the OP post.

But we have to be aware we don't know everything that goes on behind closed doors of labs where new inventions come to this world some 20 years before their market release. Until that moment, they are vehemently called sci-fi at best.

Toyota just released its Hydrogen powered car, and said it worked on it some 20 years. Many laughed at the idea of hydrogen cars at that time.

So IF there is new invention to be introduced, it may use the well established way and be based on well known tech, as it is the case with those batteries, and still to come as a newer version that includes the invention itself. The shock for the public will be lesser. Why should there be a shock, in first place, and why should it be lessened, I don't understand. Actually, Casimir effect is nothing new. Again, it is a big IF.

I'd be glad to have one of these batteries in my home, no matter how exactly they are composed.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

so you are just making stuff up - thanks for the " clarification "

all i see from the tesla anouncement = a UPS

the only advantage gained - apart from the fact that you would still have power during a short outage = the fact that it could be used to smooth demand

lastly - it could use low rate tarriffs to recharge - and save money

but how long would it take to pay off the investment ?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Look at the investment in the gigafactory in Nevada. Panasonic makes the current batteries, and is seems it is firmly entrenched in this endeavor. Panasonic also has done a great deal of research in Graphene, and there is speculation that this may be a part of this home battery revelation they are hinting about. Don't really know which one, or both to invest in, but probably a good place to plop down the same funds you would be willing to lose in Vegas....
edit on 14-2-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Annoying isn't it. Seems to be happening an awful lot round here lately.

I'd make a rant about that whole NOT READING THE GODDAM OP AND SUPPORTING MATERIAL malarkey, but I really couldn't be bothered.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
What I like about the management of Tesla is that their goal is not only to make money.

I think they truly want to change the world for the better and are willing to take some sacrifices - like giving away their technology. While it may ultimately be beneficial to them, I think there is a greater vision in mind.

It would be great if other companies concentrated on more than just incrementing the bankroll. They sure can afford to do so.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart

Although Tesla Motors didn't say anything about Casimir effect to be used in existing cars, nothing stops it to announce it now for the new batteries.

They also didn't mention anything about invisible pink unicorns so fingers crossed...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Annoying isn't it. Seems to be happening an awful lot round here lately.

Yeah! Damn facts and reality getting in the way of a good fantasy yet again! How dare people point out the reality of a story instead of following a fictional tangent for which there's absolutely no foundation!

/sarcasm

The OP has used a story based on reality, science and fact to propose a "what if" and "maybe" about something that is completely unrelated, and unfounded in real science. That's not being "open minded" (as members here often want to claim) or a reasonable extension of the story in any way. It shoehorning a conspiracy theory into a real story in an attempt to give it some credibility where there is none.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Although Tesla Motors didn't say anything about Casimir effect to be used in existing cars, nothing stops it to announce it now for the new batteries.

They also didn't mention anything about invisible pink unicorns so fingers crossed...

I'd buy it if Unicorns were involved, but only if they fart rainbows.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

What makes you believe that Tesla is even working on Zero Point Energy? They seem pretty busy with cars and batteries right now. I have heard absolutely zero point zero that Musk is interested in Zero Point Energy.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

the problem is that the OP simply pulled his delusions out of his arse and rammed them into the tail of a perfectly ordinary battery

one has to wonder why you dont see a problem with that behaviour

the irony is - it happens with distressing frequency on ATS

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

I have heard absolutely zero point zero that Musk is interested in Zero Point Energy.

Musk choosing to name his company 'Tesla' should have been a clue.

How could he NOT be interested?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

What sort of insane reasoning is this?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

What makes you believe that Tesla is even working on Zero Point Energy? They seem pretty busy with cars and batteries right now. I have heard absolutely zero point zero that Musk is interested in Zero Point Energy.

I bet they do. Their name betrays them.

Toyota was also ridiculed, of better say, almost nobody knew what Toyota were preparing next.

Batteries are the best cover story for casimir plates on nano scale , or call it whatever the damned thing is. Who knows what composition they might have, may be exactly the chemical composition of the batteries of Tesla.

NASA also said to work on hyperdrive, but not officially NASA is doing that, rather one NASA scientist. Understand, the hyperdrive is a done thing in some abandoned garage next to area 51. Not inside it where are only outdated SR71, already admitted by CUIA to exist such a base, and half the saucers to be theirs.

Learn to read between the lines, or you guys read nothing and walk after the events. When CNN reports it, it will be clear for everyone in the USA.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

What sort of insane reasoning is this?

If you don't think he's interested in experimenting with the fundamentals of Tesla's principles you are insane.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I highly doubt Musk is a crackpot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join