It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla batteries to power entire homes, to be announced in 1-2 months. Disclosure of Casimir effect?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: 2012newstart
Although Tesla Motors didn't say anything about Casimir effect to be used in existing cars, nothing stops it to announce it now for the new batteries.

I have heard absolutely zero point zero that Musk is interested in Zero Point Energy.

Musk choosing to name his company 'Tesla' should have been a clue.

How could he NOT be interested?

Given Tesla's work in the field of electricity the name of Musk's electric car company seems pretty normal. Sorry, don't see a clue there. Any other evidence? I ask that because Musk might just be a guy that could get interested in the topic of zero point energy. If there is some information that he's working on it then I truly would like to see it. The name of his company doesn't qualify.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Although Tesla Motors didn't say anything about Casimir effect to be used in existing cars, nothing stops it to announce it now for the new batteries.

I have heard absolutely zero point zero that Musk is interested in Zero Point Energy.

Musk choosing to name his company 'Tesla' should have been a clue.

How could he NOT be interested?

I ask that because Musk might just be a guy that could get interested in the topic of zero point energy.

I'm sorry you're having difficulties understanding.

All I said was, since he chose to name his company 'Tesla' it stands to reason he has some interest in Nikola Tesla's theories on zero point energy.

I made no comment regarding the OPs mention of Casimir effect.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

All I said was, since he chose to name his company 'Tesla' it stands to reason he has some interest in Nikola Tesla's theories on zero point energy.

This is a massive leap in logic that is not supported by any evidence. It certainly doesn't "stand to reason", particularly as Musk seems to be well grounded in reality.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

This is a massive leap in logic that is not supported by any evidence. It certainly doesn't "stand to reason", particularly as Musk seems to be well grounded in reality.

Then he should have named it the 'Edison'.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
at this point - i just need to point out that elon musk neither named or founded ` tesla motors ` - but hey - carry on

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

"In fact "Casimir's original goal was to compute the van der Waals force between polarizable molecules" of the metallic plates. Thus it can be interpreted without any reference to the zero-point energy (vacuum energy) of quantum fields."

So Tesla wasn't named by Musk and the Casimir effect may not be zero point energy...looks like the conclusion of this thread is going to get ugly.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
at this point - i just need to point out that elon musk neither named or founded ` tesla motors ` - but hey - carry on

Yeah so what?

He bought the company.

He's planning a migration to Mars.

Are you also saying you don't think Elon Musk has any interest in Tesla's experiments?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
ZPE is not a foundation upon which a pair of very intuitive companies plan to build the wealth needed to change the energy infrastructure on this globe. It is an ideal. Your get there by getting close, and by being ahead of anyone else in that endeavor. It is a worthy, and at the same time, very risky undertaking. Something Musk is all about. However, you have to consider the fact that right now, he has in his court, a company with deep stakes in a very profitable electronics industry, involved in his dream. This does not just happen in a board meeting... It is a calculated move to higher ground that has impeccable planning at it's core. It requires a sustainable level of information release, so that the cat does not go back into the bag.

If you remember a few months ago, he even released information on Tesla basically saying that the stock was over priced at that point, which really caused a rather major correction in the price curve. Taking wild stock jumps out of a market that is just reeling with day traders, is a good move if you are looking to attract the big movers.

Just an observation, but the logic would make sense if something really big was in the wind.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I understand what you're saying. Musk is a guy that has the resources and exposure to blow the lid off ZPE...if he's into it. That's a massive if. I just don't see him there.

The home battery market he's pushing is a response to the drop in solar costs making that technology cheap enough for widespread implementation. The home of the future will have full roof panels and make the majority of it's energy independent of the grid. Every home will need batteries to do it. Musk will be in a position to drive that change over soon.

I'd like to see ZPE....I believe it may be out there....I just can't find reliable indicators of non-flakes doing it...yet!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It appears that the wording in this article is carefully chosen to imply a free energy electricity supply for the office or home, while at the same time providing an ordinary battery explanation, out should Elon Musk get any negative feedback.

It doesn’t make since for Tesla Motors to pursue an ordinary battery UPS considering that they gave away all their battery patents 6 months ago.

This product could be done using a version of my patented synthetic tornado (US patent # 8,887,745). If one create a tornado out of electrons in a conductor in stead of air molecules, such a device would suck heat form the environment and convert directly it to electricity with out any moving parts.

If, and I do mean if, (I have to chose my words very carefully here so that I won’t get sued) Tesla Motors is using synthetic tornado technology, an additional reason for them to be vague would be that they would be infringing on my patent. And, as of this writing, they have not obtain licensing nor have they contacted me concerting licensing.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
this is true this would explain why the Rockefellers have gotten out of oil completely

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It's no secret that current battery technology is so good that it is the anticipated next step to support solar on an affordable and reasonable physical footprint.

China has the ability to make these affordable and in a small size, I think we will be installing them in Australia within the next two years.

It's all about storage, I would love to take my house off grid.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
They are a little late as there are a number of companies already in the market.
www.lithiumion-batteries.com...
store.starkpower.com...

More and more people living in RVs are dumping lead acid deep cycle batteries for Lithium Ion Batteries.

I am planing on replacing and expanding from 3 lead acid batteries in my motor home with 4 Lithium Ion Batteries and 400 more watts of solar panels.

My last deep cycle lead acid batteries are dieing after only 3 years and my RV park electrical bill keeps going up.

With more solar and storage i can drop my bill to less then $50 a month again.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Tesla already supplies batteries to SolarCity for this purpose - you can see them on the SolarCity website. So I wonder what this new announcement relates to specifically.
edit on 15/2/15 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I still think, with the money invested and an excellent shot at being key supplier, a radical new battery technology may emerge out of this. If so, that should become official soon, as I doubt it can be contained for long. Also, if there is emerging new battery technology on the horizon, being able to mass produce this quickly would give an extreme competitive edge.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

rt.com...
Tesla Motors says its ambitious plan to produce battery packs strong enough to power houses will be reality within six months. The promise comes as the company revealed lower-than-expected sales figures for Model S vehicles.

“We are going to unveil the Tesla home battery, the consumer battery that would be for use in people's houses or businesses fairly soon,” company’s CEO Elon Musk said during the latest earnings call, adding that the design stage of the product is over.

The new type of battery is likely to be unveiled in the next “month or two,” Chief Technology Officer JB Straubel stated, adding that the idea is “really great” and “I'm really excited about it,” without further elaborating on the details of the design

Although Tesla Motors didn't say anything about Casimir effect to be used in existing cars, nothing stops it to announce it now for the new batteries. Indeed, what big difference if they will have to be charged with solar energy? How about the cloudy days? The solar powered car doesn't enjoy big appreciation no matter it exists for years.

Instead, announcing to the large public the practical use of the well known Casimir effect (or if you will, zero point energy) will make the big difference.

this announcement has nothing to do with physics rather than money.
They say themselves "The promise comes as the company revealed lower-than-expected sales figures for Model S vehicles."

this isn't even the right place in this forum to talk about

If you like to talk about Casimir effect you can of course, I would like to talk about it too, especially about the wrong interpretation of this observed effect.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
can someone explain what charges the batteries in the first place?

What makes this special? Doesn't Tesla use the same tech you find in ecigs?

Battery powered anything sucks....batteries still need charging.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

- The load on the grid (and generation) varies drastically with time. With additional solar panels being installed on roofs (especially in California) and additional plug-in vehicles, the peak is being shifted to be later in the day and may be getting larger.
- A Smart Grid is inevitable and will be implemented. This (depending on specific implementation) means the pricing structure varies much more depending on the time of day. It may therefore be economic to store energy from off-peak and use it for peak times.
- Net Metering faces opposition. If net metering goes down then the economics of solar power change from selling as much power back to the grid as possible to using as much solar generation on site locally as possible. However, solar generates electricity with demand isn't highest.
- Power electronics can respond much more quickly to transients than a generator can, therefore energy storage can provide grid ancillary functions.

So in response to your question, the electricity will come from either the grid or solar panels, to store electricity until it is needed more.

Of course this is all speculation but it's highly likely whatever Tesla announces will revolve around these points.

What makes this special? Doesn't Tesla use the same tech you find in ecigs?

Similar. The cell has slightly different packaging and the chemistry has been optimized. Also there is a world of difference between having a similar cell and a battery pack.

The cells have approximately the highest energy density of any rechargeable lithium cell (excluding those that are largely experimental) at around 250 Wh/kg and 700 Wh/L. NCA cathode.
edit on 16/2/15 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Say bye bye to the power companies and say hello self sustaining power to individuals!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join