It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian TV5 and Russian propaganda ... similarities to NK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: sosobad
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

You are OK with threads being started on false pretense s as long as they are anti Russian?
How is it a false pretense. It's state sponsored TV, it's CLEARLY propaganda. "Satire" or not. Again, if the U.S. did the same, it would be impossible to silence all the voices on here screaming Propaganda. Why apply the standard to one nation and not the other.

State sponsored? So because the media outlet that produced is owned by a Bank that is owned by some guy that shakes hands with Russian movers and Shakers... it is State sponsored.

I guess any Hollywood film depicting American superiority would be called State sponsored since Hollywood is democrat?
Okay, let's apply the same logic to a hypothetical U.S. Network. Say there was a U.S. TV Station that was joint owned by Bank of America, and also by one of Obama's close personal friends. And they broadcast a "satire" piece about invading Mexico, Canada, and South America. What would be your thoughts on that broadcast?

GE?
And I would call it par for the course.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

LoL no doubt.

Your sig is also the Media in an nutshell.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

It is SATIRE, the only reason you agree with it is because it is anti Russian

Is the target of the satire Russia? Or is it an attempt to make a threat look like a harmless joke?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You're giving too much credit to the comedic essence of the Media...

They are notoriously un-funny the World over.

& yes I think the target of the satire is Russia...
Being painted as the invaders...

AKA a mockery is being made of the Western narrative by painting themselves in the same light.

Like the little toy cars and military men toys previously spread around Russia.

No one said you have to find it funny.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Is the target of the satire Russia? Or is it an attempt to make a threat look like a harmless joke?

And how many movies have been made in the US about military actions being done by the US in other countries ?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Failed to read another link I see.
It would be lost on you. Anything you can cling to to demonize Russia. You must have been jumping for joy when seen the title.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I thought it was RT that was state sponsored? And if this is satire,it would seem to me to be more like Saturday night live here. There is some truth to it,then they twist it to show how absurd it all is.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Don't be posting things like that, people will be taking them seriously

edit on 13-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Ukraine recaptured Debaltseve which is strategically important town because railway and highway between Donetsk and Luhansk go through it. Now Ukraine has to withdraw from there and who is going to benefit from that.. you guess.
Ukraine crisis won´t be over with second agreement it is only buying time.

So tell me, who`s benefiting from it al ?

Poroshenko reveals true nature of the ceasefire for Ukraine

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

a reply to: jude11

Really? I certainly haven't seen a state-sponsored video showing how the U.S. would invade various European/South American/Etc countries. But I live in Japan so maybe I missed that broadcast.

Syria, Libya, Iran, CIA creating puppets in South America. US (FED/IMF) invades with a system. The name of the country do not matter only the system. And I see how the system is being forced down Greece and Spain throats against the will of the people.

When you want to know the dirt on the western side look at those who oppose them. When you want to know the dirt on Russia, China look at those who support them. And always question the information/propaganda.
edit on 13-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

edit on 13-2-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You mean you failed to read what you linked to again. The "satire" seems to be suggesting that if European leaders don't come to Russia to celebrate the end of the sSecond World War, Russia will attack them. You Don't see this as a veiled threat? reply to: sosobad

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I personally don't watch Russian Television for Russians. I know they have different nuances when saying things for Russians or West like RT, Sputnik. The target audiences are different, different tastes etc.
For Russia it is quite common excessive use of satire. It is their way to convey messages. It is brainwashing - yes, but I also know there is also critique for those who is easily "eating" this. It is kinda low brow if you "eat this" and admit, anyway their feelings is not easy translate to how average westerner thinking.

Best antiwest propaganda is direct translation of western press to Russian, btw. Like this site inosmi.ru...

Dialog of different cultures even civilizations is not easy.

As for me I mostly paying attention to facial expressions and some other little signs of body language.

Just found quite funny comment

gentlewindd:Уровень слога и построения смысловых идиом в тексте на уровне передовицы сайта "Центрального новостного агентства КНДР" по непримиримости.
13/02/2015, 14:51
Специально посмотрел оригинал на англ. в доменной зоне dot gov(домен государственных учреждений и служб) whitehouse.gov и переводчики точно перевели накал агрессивности и пафоса этого отчета-стенограммы.

Американцы могут гордиться своими конгрессменами и политиками. Еще чуть-чуть и догонят Ким Чен Ына.
Ответить
inosmi.ru...

In one thing you agree NK is the best propaganda ever lol
edit on 13-2-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You mean you failed to read what you linked to again. The "satire" seems to be suggesting that if European leaders don't come to Russia to celebrate the end of the sSecond World War, Russia will attack them. You Don't see this as a veiled threat? reply to: sosobad

Lol sure, I will let you revel in this absolute garbage because I quite frankly have spent too much time on this already. There is indeed propaganda going on here... the entire opening post. Don't you forget to grab more screen captures and batten down the hatches, those damn ruskies are coming to get you.

edit on 13-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

In one thing you agree NK is the best propaganda ever lol

I adore NK propaganda. It's like free comedy. Now THAT stuff is pure satire to anyone outside their country.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What a lot of people don't realize, is that threads like these are quite effective propaganda tools. Even though the claims are shown to be false, many people will just read the OP and leave believing it's the truth. It's like that 123% voting garbage. Even after it was shown to be a hoax, and the source was just some idiot blogger who sucked at math, the story spread widely....I can even remember seeing on some mainstream sources. I suppose the lesson is don't believe anything you read until you've checked the facts for yourself.....though,sadly, that doesn't happen very often .

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Even though the claims are shown to be false, many people will just read the OP and leave believing it's the truth.

The problem is this is not a hoax. Russian television really did air the piece in question. The point of debate is what the intention was: was it a satire of the way the Russian government has been using its military to invade its neighbors, or was it an attempt to threaten and demean the nations Putin considers to be his enemies.

satire
[sat-ahyuh r]

1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.

dictionary.reference.com...

In what way does this cartoonish piece constitute satire? Is it exposing and deriding Putin's use of force in Ukraine?

My impression is that it is a veiled threat. It reminds viewers that Germany started WWII, and that Russian troops "know the way" to Berlin. It implies that Poland is an ingrate for turning against Russia after Russia "liberated" it. It makes a point of reminding people that Russia is a nuclear power. It is not satire, it is using humor to soften an attack.

This propaganda piece is like the scary roommate who says: "You drink my beer again and I'll slice you up and stir fry you... nah, I'm just joking. But seriously, dude, I'll kill you."
edit on 13-2-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Don't you forget to grab more screen captures

Not a bad idea. By matching up screen captures with the précis you generously provided it would be easy to prove this is not satire, but propaganda aimed at Putin's perceived enemies. But not tonight, it's getting late.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
How has this thread not be relegated to the hoax bin yet?

Because ATS big guys are biased

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join