It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Winter Storm for Southeast US Next Week

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Iced down here in the north Atlanta burbs. Power flickering.

Just rain here in West Atlanta. It's supposed to be warming up but there may be ice in the morning.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
We dodged the snow in boston here in ontario but damn this cold i think it dipped to -32C with the windchill the daytime high wasnt all that warmer either

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Ice in the trees and on the lines and no power in ball ground ga. Just got the word from my folks.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think this is going to be bad for ATL and north GA....you can hear limbs popping, trees falling and transformers blowing in the distance.

mobile.twitter.com...

edit on 2/16/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Nothing but rain where I live. Temps will be not cold enough for anything else unless the storm jogs further south, but I doubt it will do that.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
2 1/2" so far and the snow is ramping up... luckily not much wind, and it's too cold for this to turn to an icing situation...

Hope you folks further south get through relatively unscathed, we have another frigid front that is going to roll through Tuesday evening bringing some unseasonably low temps (-4F Thursday evening) looks like Friday we catch a break and get back nearer to normal... (I hope so, I got a few maple trees I want to tap for this years supply of syrup
)

Stay safe all!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
They're talking about yet another storm for next Monday/Tuesday.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

One at a time please..

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This could possibly be caused by mobile H.A.A.R.P. related weather control tech being tested.

Looks like they might be getting ready to use this stuff in anger.

Ok guys. It works. Switch it off now please?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
My guesstimate is that we got about 6" rather than the 8-12 they had predicted. The bummer is that the storm laid down a thin layer of ice prior to the snow. Sidewalks and steps are hazardous.
It is a very dry, powdery stuff, easily swept away. The flakes were so tiny that they came through screen doors, something I've not seen in the 22 years we've lived in this house. We have a screened porch on the east side of the house and for the first time ever snow is piled on the furniture.
It is beautiful.
Don't forget to feed the critters!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This pic for ATL is priceless.

mobile.twitter.com...

No power. Roads are not icey but trees down everywhere and taking powerlines with them.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745

This could possibly be caused by mobile H.A.A.R.P. related weather control tech being tested.

Looks like they might be getting ready to use this stuff in anger.

Ok guys. It works. Switch it off now please?

I think its just winter in the south, its that hole Forrest gump and box of chocolate thing. You never know what your going to get. I remember a bad ice storm in 78 that was worse than this and before haarp. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The power is back on after 14 hours. Learned some hard truths about ourselves...like we would pretty much just be zombie bait in a post-Apocalyptic scenario. LoL! Of the four of us, the toddler complained the least.

Also, being without power for a week, no kids, post hurricane was way easier than no power, with kids, ice and below freezing temps.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm told there are two very disappointed young ladies in Stone Mountain. They didn't get the snow, only cold, cold rain according to their Dad. For them snow is a wonder.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Purdy much say's it all.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join