It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a fairy, a gnome, a ghost, what is it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: zarzelius

www.ebay.com... 4adf76e022

Not sure if this is in your budget, but it's not a bad system for the $. If you have activity like this, it would be fantastic to have some footage of the oddness. Leave coins, jewelry, wallet, something personal, but with some value around. My wife tells me bout the ghost she grew up with. It had an affinity for hair brushes and hair bows.

If you find it's the underpants gnomes, find out what phase 2 is. I really want to know.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Farlander
I wonder if they just lose these things among all their piles of crap. I heard once in a psychological study that your brain functions similarly to the way you keep your house. If your house is cluttery, your brain gets cluttery too.

I've actually read the exact opposite.

Messy desks in the office can actually lead employees to think more clearly, say researchers

But, anyway, I've had personal experience with poltergeist and demonic activity and it doesn't sound like that's what's going on over there. It's possible it could be a regular run of the mill spirit moving things around on you. You have to be careful though. I think initially some spirits start out by moving small things around to get your attention. Then there's sort of a feedback loop that happens. With the more attention and thought that you give to this thing to stronger its abilities get. I'm curious if the cotton incident happened first with the vinegar in the fridge happening more recently. If so that may be an indication that this "thing" (for lack of a better word) is building in strength. A lot of entities also feed off of emotion. So if there are higher than normal amounts of anxiety, worry and fear, then those emotions can create a feeding ground.

However, it looks like your in Argentina? If so, I know that Argentina and lots of other south american countries have lot of reports of "little folk", especially gnomes. So I wouldn't rule it out completely.

As a side note, I hear gnomes appreciate offerings of oatmeal.

Please keep us updated on any further activity. I don't think a camera will be of any use to you really. Most entities are aware enough to know when a camera is on or setup and they will go out of their way to avoid it, but i guess it couldn't hurt to try. you might not get anything on the recording but maybe it will try and move it's position or something.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hi. I'm not experiencing things missing or rearranged, at the moment, but what I have experienced is electrical stuff turning on by it's self. For instance:

I will admit I'm a 11:11 guy...those triple numbers(222, 333) popping up everywhere for 7-8 years now...having said that, a few months ago I was listening to Seasons of Love on youtube...somehow it just struck me and I listened to it like 10 times in a row. Later that night, after midnight I was in the other room and my computer just turned on, at 2:22am and starting playing Seasons of Love...one of the most freaky number things that's happened to me...(almost unbelievable to me personally)

But more recently I've had my coffee pot turn on all by it's self, twice...and then just last week my keyboard in the other room just started playing a rythem track I was messing with earlier in the day. I've never experienced stuff like this before and now it seems to be getter more requent. (I'm 51 btw

Now, I have a 'ghost' knat. lol. Truly, it seems. A single knat, flying in front of my face at different times, disappears in thin air, and I haven't been able to kill it. It's real, as other people have seen it at different times and places, and I can even feel it when it flicks against my eye lash or tries to fly up my nose.

Weird I know...If I can ever kill it I'll know I'm just being crazy, but I swear this knat is about as freaky as the other stuff...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnison

Weird I know...If I can ever kill it I'll know I'm just being crazy, but I swear this knat is about as freaky as the other stuff...

Gnats were manufactured by Satan. I believe you.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Farlander

Have you ever seen a single sock on the edge of a freeway or highway? That's where the missing socks go.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lincourtz

It sounds to me like a Bogle or a Brownie to me. Leave a small saucer of honey out for it occasionally and it should keep it in line. The tricks will still happen at times, in their nature, but it will begin to help around the house if it is a Brownie, if it is a Bogle it should just be less common or stop altogether.

www.britannica.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
House elves? Bogles? Brownies? LOL, This is why I love this site!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This kind of thing happens. It's very bizarre. And I don't know what causes it. Call me crazy but I think things go missing in to thin air and re-appear in a slightly different place. Maybe they switch dimensions? This world is a weird place. Look at all the objects that appear throughout history that just shouldn't be in that era/place.

Here's a story that happened to me :

I lost my key to my school locker back when I was about 11. We turned the WHOLE house to look for it. Never did. Bought a new one and moved on..... About 6 years later as I was coming to the end of my school life I found the key. On the sofa. It was half down the side and half resting on the couch (It was on a looped chain which was bright green - IT was cool when I was 11!) Based on it's bright green, long chain - There is no way it would be down the side/on the couch after 6 years of sitting on the couch every day watching TV etc. I still to this day have no idea who/what put it there. My father died when I was 12 and maybe, after all that searching he did for it, he found it in the "other" life and sent it back.. Hahaha

edit on 14-2-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov

But, anyway, I've had personal experience with poltergeist and demonic activity and it doesn't sound like that's what's going on over there..

How could you possibly know if your experiences were really with poltergeists or demons?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I wonder if they just lose these things among all their piles of crap. I heard once in a psychological study that your brain functions similarly to the way you keep your house. If your house is cluttery, your brain gets cluttery too.

I'm curious if the cotton incident happened first with the vinegar in the fridge happening more recently. If so that may be an indication that this "thing" (for lack of a better word) is building in strength. A lot of entities also feed off of emotion. So if there are higher than normal amounts of anxiety, worry and fear, then those emotions can create a feeding ground.

However, it looks like your in Argentina? If so, I know that Argentina and lots of other south american countries have lot of reports of "little folk", especially gnomes. So I wouldn't rule it out completely.

As a side note, I hear gnomes appreciate offerings of oatmeal.

Please keep us updated on any further activity.

It's funny you mentioned Oatmeal. We never used to eat oatmeal since a week ago or so, when we started adding it to our everyday breakfast. So there could be a relation there.

The vinegar thing happened first, a day before the cotton/phone charger incident.

Yes, we're in Argentina and I've been reading a lot of lore regarding gnomes, they say they are protective entities if they are happy, unless you "bind them" to you.

One more thing, that may be related or not. We have a very old cat, it wasn't ours until we moved in here ( a year ago) he is old and sleeps all day and he's usually not moving much because he has hip issues. However, these past few days he's been "running away" from something. He usually hides when there's a thunderstorm in a very small opening under the kitchen furniture. He's been hiding there for hours the past few days and when he's not sleeping or hiding, he's just running in circles completely scared of something and we don't know what. I'm not sure whether he started behaving like this the very same day of the cotton incident or two days afterwards.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: magnison

Now, I have a 'ghost' knat. lol. Truly, it seems. A single knat, flying in front of my face at different times, disappears in thin air

I've seen that plenty if times, and then it was gone. I keep telling myself its a dust particle or hair/fibre floating around that I keep seeing, but don't fully believe it. Lol

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It's funny as i have had moments where i just cannot find something, so i move on and forget, knowing full well it will show up in the most obvious place - i think due tot he fact i feel maybe looking too hard you chose not to see it or think of the easier locations to find it.
On the subject of weird house things, i often wake up at night seeing shadow people at door ways - either trying to get in through the window or loft hatch or mirror - then i come too and put it down to half dreaming.

i also suddenly get a vision or feeling or like a thought of someone standing by me screaming - trying to get an emotional response from me - honestly can't explain that. Like for instance, i'd sit here online and i'd just have this urge of imagining someone screaming at me, to try and scare me, as if in another dimension they are there! Or driving, i suddenly imagine a horrible seneraio of crashing!! i'd say premonition, but not quite.

Jeez i sound a bit mad, honestly, i'm not... i don't think

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Interesting. Perhaps it is a gnome. He sees you've got some quality oatmeal and he's a little pissed off you didn't offer him any, so he's being a little trickster. Lol.

But seriously, I have read there are multiple types of gnomes, benevolent, benign, trickster or otherwise. Plus I think your location could lend more toward that type of activity.

The bit about the cat is certainly something to stay aware of. Animals are great in terms of their ability to sense and see things we sometimes cannot. Cats ive heard have one foot in this world and one in the next.

If it's continually messing with your animal in a negative way then you might have to take some steps in terms of trying to remove whatever it may be unless it stops on its own.

Do you ever meditate? It maybe possible to try and get a sense of what it is through those means.

Have you done any renovations to the property since you've moved in? if something has an attachment to your piece of property changing it in any way could potentially trigger activity.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnison
Hi. I'm not experiencing things missing or rearranged, at the moment, but what I have experienced is electrical stuff turning on by it's self.

I've had things going missing but I pit it down to others in the house moving them.

But funny that you mention that because after stuff like that seemed to cease electrical equipment started to do strange things like the TV turning off while watching it on occasion but that could be a faulty power adaptor.

Though one night I was up late on the leather couch watching TV in the lounge and I could of swore I heard the sound of someone getting up off the couch. I shrugged it off as nothing then a couple of mins later the desktop PC in the corner of the room which was off turned on and started loading up.

I went over and turned it off and called it a night as the series of events unnerved me.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

The missus has the spirit of a young girl attached to her named Amy. Amy takes things and moves things all the time... It is extremely frustrating. Usually when we start swearing at Amy she will return the missing item promptly. At the end of the day she is pretty harmless for a dead girl.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If you are intent on unraveling this mystery, I suggest going around your house taking digital pictures, especially of any mirrors in the residence. Then, if possible, uploading the images into a photo editor for careful scrutinizing. Even a simple digital camera can yield some surprising results. Just be aware, if something paranormal is present, you may aggravate the situation by focusing your energy and attention on it.

As far as a strategy for dealing with this situation if it makes you uncomfortable, you may be better off completely ignoring it and refusing to be disturbed by it.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Do you ever meditate? It maybe possible to try and get a sense of what it is through those means.

Have you done any renovations to the property since you've moved in? if something has an attachment to your piece of property changing it in any way could potentially trigger activity.

We used to meditate, but lately we haven't had time. Although, when there are things like this I don't think it's wise to communicate with them.

The only recent change in the house was that I brought a plant from the yard to keep it in my desk by the window, other than that, the furniture is the same we've had for over a year now.

Before us, my husband's aunt used to live here, she died 15 days before we moved in here, but not in the house.

Elbereth

If you are intent on unraveling this mystery, I suggest going around your house taking digital pictures, especially of any mirrors in the residence

Hell, no! I'd never take a picture of a mirror. I don't even like looking at them!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It's not elves or fairies, it may be a loved one that is letting you know they are with you, I have had this happen to me, I could not find my reading glasses that I always leave on my keyboard, I never left the room, so I went to the bathroom and they were there on the floor I know I didn't put them there, there was also around the same time I was locking the patio doors early evening to find they were unlocked for 3 nights running. I just knew it was my ex that loved me dearly letting me know he was around, he was also playing games with my daughters head too, tapping the arm of a chair, pulling the cable out of the vacuum, she asked him to do it again and he did, he also made her smoke alarm to go off when there was no smoke, the dog stared at the alarm for an hour and then it went off.

So it's nothing to be afraid of, speak to it it may be your lost one or your partners hope this helps, you don't need to be leaving sweets and toys around for elves like someone posted the dead are always with us

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
A more mundane answer could be sleepwalking.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

This is a bizarre story I read a couple of months back so it didn't happen to me, but this woman wrote she was going for a meal at a restaurant with her family, her father drove behind her, while she was having a meal a woman called her mobile and said you've lost your keys to which she answered I don't think so they are in my bag, so the woman replied well I found your keys in my coat pocket while I was going to the gym as you use the same gym as me and it has your membership fob on the key ring, I'll drop them off at your gym which was about a 30 mile distance, the woman paid for her meal, well you know what's coming no keys in her hand bag isn't it just weird how the bloody hell did that happen it's just one of those kind of mysteries that i love to read about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join