It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a fairy, a gnome, a ghost, what is it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey guys, thanks all for the replies. I'm her husband.
We'll be going thru all the links you provided, and see what is going on.
A couple of things, though.
Whoever said "who has stuff they don't use", probably doesn't have gauze, cotton, alcohol, and other stuff found mostly on first aid kits. Bad for you if something happens, mate

Poltergeist is quite common when you look for "moving stuff", but just to clarify something. It actually put the vinegar bottle inside the fridge, exactly were bottles on my fridge go, on the door.
And the small piece of cotton was in the place were only I put the knife or spoon I'm using while I cook.

As my wife said, I have a slight case of OCD, which while letting me have a normal life, it has its own thingies

Like remembering exactly what goes where.

Aren't poltergeist a bit more "rough"? This one seems quite smart to say the least!

I'll leave some honey and milk out today, cus I've read that may be good if is some sort of gnome or brownie, or whatever.

Again, thanks for the replies!

Cya later!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
When crazy stuff happened in our house (stuff getting moved or whatever) when I was a kid we'd blame it on "George". That was our name for whatever caused it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

What if it was a girl gnome or whatever?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lincourtz

Sounds like a "nice old lady" kind of ghost, probably someone who used to live there.

She probably kept her vinegar in the "icebox" to not spoil (apple cider vinegar can get this slimely donut gel at the bottom of the bottle sometimes). And the piece of cloth was probably from her clothes (perhaps she sewed her own clothes), and was her "introduction."

I'd say out loud that she is welcome to stay, since kind-ghosts can find things you've lost - and even warn you of an impending fire or other disaster.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

We never really thought of that. Good question lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

Sounds like a "nice old lady" kind of ghost, probably someone who used to live there.

She probably kept her vinegar in the "icebox" to not spoil (apple cider vinegar can get this slimely donut gel at the bottom of the bottle sometimes). And the piece of cloth was probably from her clothes (perhaps she sewed her own clothes), and was her "introduction."

I'd say out loud that she is welcome to stay, since kind-ghosts can find things you've lost - and even warn you of an impending fire or other disaster.

Yeah, I don't mind if it stays as long as it (?) keeps being nice. Btw, it was cotton, not just a piece of fabric.
info.fabrics.net...

And it was common alcohol vinegar, not apple or anything.

For what I've been reading, if it's a house elve, then we can keep him happy with some honey. We'll see what happens.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It's Gremlins!

It's standard knowledge that when anything strange happens in your home Gremlins are responsible. Just watch the movie and you'll see why.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleGreenAlien

One of my favorite movies from when I was a kid. I've seen Gremlins and The Goonies abut 50 times

Good days.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: zarzelius

The Goonies was an awesome movie! Also loved the Neverending Story growing up.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleGreenAlien

It's Gremlins!

It's standard knowledge that when anything strange happens in your home Gremlins are responsible. Just watch the movie and you'll see why.

Well, it's not like stuff is malfunctioning everyday

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Have you checked out the washing machine?

My one seems to teleport socks.

When it comes to socks, it's not house elves, or ghosts, or fairies.

My Mom and I figured it out long ago.

Every once in a while, you must sacrifice to the God of Laundry.

After living in over 20 different homes in my nomadic life as a military "dependent", I came to the conclusion,
every house has a black hole,
the hole sucks stuff up at random,
and then sometimes returns it at random.
The hole tends to open up when space/time slips.
or whenever your feeling levels give off a lot of energy.

edit on 10Thu, 12 Feb 2015 22:10:55 -0600pm21202pmk124 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

A psycho neighbor who has a key to your house and sneaks in while you're sleeping.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: chr0naut

Have you checked out the washing machine?

My one seems to teleport socks.

When it comes to socks, it's not house elves, or ghosts, or fairies.

My Mom and I figured it out long ago.

Every once in a while, you must sacrifice to the God of Laundry.

After living in over 20 different homes in my nomadic life as a military "dependent", I came to the conclusion,
every house has a black hole,
the hole sucks stuff up at random,
and then sometimes returns it at random.
The hole tends to open up when space/time slips.
or whenever your feeling levels give off a lot of energy.

My theory is that the washing machine's spin cycle creates a minute 'slit like' time-space vortex that follows the axis of rotation, this occurs through frame dragging. This is not quite a black hole or a wormhole but has features of each, while at the same time being totally different (I know, quantum weirdness, eh).

Then, Pauli exclusion (where you can't have two of the same thing) takes over and removes one of each pair of socks. Paradoxically, you can also get another sock from the alternate universe but it can never have its "pair" in this universe.

It's quite logical, really.

edit on 12/2/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: zarzelius
Hey guys, thanks all for the replies. I'm her husband.
We'll be going thru all the links you provided, and see what is going on.
A couple of things, though.
Whoever said "who has stuff they don't use", probably doesn't have gauze, cotton, alcohol, and other stuff found mostly on first aid kits. Bad for you if something happens, mate

Poltergeist is quite common when you look for "moving stuff", but just to clarify something. It actually put the vinegar bottle inside the fridge, exactly were bottles on my fridge go, on the door.
And the small piece of cotton was in the place were only I put the knife or spoon I'm using while I cook.

As my wife said, I have a slight case of OCD, which while letting me have a normal life, it has its own thingies

Like remembering exactly what goes where.

Aren't poltergeist a bit more "rough"? This one seems quite smart to say the least!

I'll leave some honey and milk out today, cus I've read that may be good if is some sort of gnome or brownie, or whatever.

Again, thanks for the replies!

Cya later!

Hi

It sounds cute and harmless and I hope it stays that way. If however activity picks up in the home, like scratch marks being found on your body, your car keys lost, house keys lost, your pets getting sick, then I would rethink the fairy and gnome issue.

Cleansing a home is quite common. You can research the web and find many possibilities or have a priest come in and bless the home. This normally keeps the house and its unseen guests quite.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I would definitely say get close to the Lord. Somehow I think that our home is free of this sort of thing because we are very close to Him. We are careful to be following His example and avoiding any kind of bad sin. If you start letting this into your life, i suppose it could get worse. I was visiting someone on business at their home and the walls would knock, then the floor, then the ceiling.

Avoid encouraging any evil spirits. No Ouija, no seances, nothing. Pray and ask God to deliver you from evil, and lead you not into temptation. Follow the directions of the Lord.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

We have that happen here every so often with things moving around.

A few thoughts came to mind over this.

First and foremost, at the FIRST sign of something negative treat it as such.
It is advised that you buy some smudge sticks (sage), and look into getting a bag of tourmaline (in raw form) just in case it does turn out to be something bad. The tourmaline is always a good thing to have around anyways, but it is an effective protection method. Both can be found cheaply online.

Whatever it is, if you attempt to interact with it, just be prepared to have more things happen. You do run the risk of strengthening the connection between whatever it is and this reality by paying attention to it.
So if it is negative, make sure you got something up your sleeve like the sage,
cause they don't like that for some reason.

I ended up determining that what we had here was negative, tourmaline above the doorways along with threats of sage and a couple other items I have were enough to make it leave us alone for the most part (it still does something once and a while to let us know it is here) but you never know what you are interacting with so be cautious. There are things out there that really want to mess with people and if you let them, once they really get started, it is hard to stop.

Ok, that being said, there is another possibility.
If there is some sort of major news coming your way, and I mean major news,
these could be signs to prepare yourself.

There could be a lot of reasons.
Gnomes to I guess.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lincourtz
So, what do you think we're dealing with here?

Early onset alzheimer's.
House elves? I mean really?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
My parents have had this happen to them a lot lately. My mom keeps a handicap placard in her purse and one day it vanished. They looked everywhere for it for days. Finally they had to go through a complicated application process to get a new one.

The day after the new one arrived, she opened her purse and the old placard was sandwiched up against the new one--both right there in the same spot--the very first spot they checked, which was of course checked dozens of times more before they went through the re-application process.

That's just an example. Once or twice growing up, similar events occurred and I got blamed for the missing item every time since I was an only child. It's almost poetic justice that this is happening now. My 'rents are borderline hoarders, too. I wonder if they just lose these things among all their piles of crap. I heard once in a psychological study that your brain functions similarly to the way you keep your house. If your house is cluttery, your brain gets cluttery too.

As for the laundry vortex and missing socks, there was an episode of Ren and Stimpy where they visited the planet where all missing left socks go, on the other side of a black hole. Seems like there must be such a place out there somewhere...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Farlander
I heard once in a psychological study that your brain functions similarly to the way you keep your house. If your house is cluttery, your brain gets cluttery too.

Nah house elves and gnomes make much more sense.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
maybe its Underpants Gnomes.

seriously though, i would set up a camera if i thought there was something there.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join