It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama sends Congress draft war authorization that says Islamic State 'poses grave threat'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

More debt.

Right, we never hear "we don't the money" for war.

Barry offers up the idea of some free college classes and he is Nero playing the fiddle.
/shrug

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

He's just not going to be happy until he sends our guys over there. He pushed for us to go into Syria but we all pushed back. Now he's again pushing. We should let the people in that region deal with it, it's in their backyard.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Yay... more fail. More death. More debt. More terrorists. More vets, less benefits they've earned... etc.

And to think?

All he had to do was secure, an forces agreement with the Iraqi government, and left troops there to secure the peace.

It is no coincidence that the potus by playing politics, telling ISIS when were were going to leave, and we were not really going to do anything to them.

Made that a cluster eff.

The current potus playing politics with our, and Iraq's national security created this crap.

He has no intention of fighting them, just to make it appear he does something, and kick that can down the road for the next president.

I do agree the President has failed epically on foreign policy.
edit on 11-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Funny, since currently, the DoD has been in a downsizing trend. You know, because we seriously need to downsize the military because we can't afford to look after the world. Currently, the VA is already taxed trying to fix the human damage from the BS wars of the last 50 years. Seriously, this is total BS. Let the Middle East deal with ISIS. The Arab countries really need to get their shiznit together and drop the petty squabbles, wake up and smell the 21st century, and create their own coalition to go in and collectively bootstomp ISIS back into the dust. They also need to get over the ethnic divide and play nice with Turkey, who probably have the best military amongst the Islamic nations.

I personally do not consider ISIS to be real terrorists. Al Qaeda was a terrorist group. ISIS is little more than a loose association of goat raping psychopaths who are the product of generations of inbreeding. As such, they should not be treated as enemy combatants, but as vermin to be exterminated, which is what they need to do. ISIS is a symptom of a bigger problem, the prevalence and acceptance of extremism that seems to be so common there. Even the more stable countries still face significant threats from extremists. The only people who can fix this is the Arabs themselves.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: projectvxn
Well looks like I'm gonna deploy again.

Voluntarily? I hope not. How many times must the cannon ball fly?

My division HQ is already in Iraq along with the 10th Mountain Division Combat Aviation Brigade.

It would not surprise me if my unit was in the rotation to go after their deployment is over. When that will be I don't know. But I have no issues deploy to kick ISIS ass.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: toxicspikes

Ship out a Fleet of A 10s to be used by Jordans pilots, that will slap the brakes on the present problems.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Corporate and Banking politicians never knew a war they did not like.

Obama is surrounded by them.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Obama is a very inconsistent president. He sends mixed messages. His messages are so brief and he never follows up…you don’t know what the policy of this guy is from day to day.

I think it’s just out of his lack of really knowing what the hell he’s doing.

Hillary Clinton was right. Obama doesn’t know what to do on the 4 am phone call

His main problem may be that he has light weights for foreign policy advisers

edit on 11-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That is why this debate from congress is very important. None of our decade efforts have worked. Those groups are like liquid mercury, they move from one group to another. Every new birth brings a new terrorist in that part of the world. Is the point to win a war or resolve ourselves that we will be perpetually in war. Kiss america goodbye then and hope you like being Russian.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Firefly_

Although I agree with you I also disagree with you. Right now there are girls being raped and people murdered in ISIS territory.

Right now our government isn't doing that. I would like to see ISIS stopped.

If you don't think our government has done both those things in the past week alone you're drinking the koolaid.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
And more of my brothers and sisters will die...

Worst peace prize winner ever?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
the US armed forces must fight IS and defeat them because only the US has the power and years of experience fighting and defeating terrorists. The US defeated the talibans and al qaeda in Afghanistan/ Iraq and they can do it again. Its better to fight and defeat IS on their turf than wait for them to bring the fight to American cities.

edit on 12-2-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

Do you have any evidence to support that statement?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

God speed brother. At least this time we know who the enemy are...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

But I have no issues deploy to kick ISIS ass.

No issues huh? Thats why wars will continue to rage.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, I still suspect that Obama harbors sympathies for what is going on in the ME and could care less about oil.

Actually at the top they are very much embedded with big industrial oil. The corporate state of America. Remember these photos? They were taken right after Biden's son was appointed CEO of some oil interest in Ukraine. Keeping it in the family…

Google search results

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Question I ask is how can Isis be a threat to the United States when they are a whole ocean away from us? We can control who gets off the planes at our airports, we can beef up our coast guard and border patrol why do we need to send troops to fight Isis? As far as people getting beheaded over there if u are from US or Europe then don't go there! Am I missing something?
edit on 12-2-2015 by tiberius10721 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tiberius10721

Not at all. I totally agree with what you just stated. I hold the same position. Sorry if that wasn't clear…

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So much for getting all those troops home. Well if he wasnt before he's certainly now just another hypocritical politician.

On another note our interventions will most likely pis off Russia and things will possibly escalate. It seems to me someone really wants control of Syria. Oil companies perhaps?
edit on 12-2-2015 by asmall89 because: redundancy

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
to little, to late

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join