It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama sends Congress draft war authorization that says Islamic State 'poses grave threat'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just love seeing the comments about how this makes him a hypocrite.

People were calling him an apologist for not doing this until now, now that he is doing it, he is just a damn hypocrite.

edit on thThu, 12 Feb 2015 16:21:00 -0600America/Chicago220150080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It seems like Obama is held at gunpoint by the Military Complex. I imagine the only reason any president survives their term ...well, they didn't go against their handlers.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If he doesn't do something he's not making a bold american stand for freedom and humans rights across the world. If he does something then he's a bad guy on the wrong side of freedom. It's clear to em no matter what he does people won't like him. Our favorite past time is to blame our leaders for everything while ignoring the image in the mirror.

Too many people like or dislike someone solely based on their party or allegiance and not on the actual stand they have on issues.

Is it too hard to believe GWB did everything he could to strengthen our country and Obama is doing the same? Is it also too hard to believe that in the end both parties are balancing each others flaws?

Unless someone can find a compelling reason to impeach the president. Otherwise, I think it's hot air and it's making more mess to clean up later.
edit on 12-2-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
DOD anyone here notice he is asking for 3 years?
Ever READ the war powers act?

It will get shot down.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

100%.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: projectvxn

But I have no issues deploy to kick ISIS ass.

No issues huh? Thats why wars will continue to rage.

Someone has to stand up against these people.

We are the most capable. I am a soldier. I do what a soldier does. Don't like it? Elect anti-war politicians.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

We are the most capable. I am a soldier. I do what a soldier does. Don't like it? Elect anti-war politicians.

To be clear, I am anti war not anti soldier.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Why must the USA be the one? Let them fight their own wars in their own land. Why is it anti war and not pro peace? It is your kick ass anywhere additude that has keep the USA in one conflict or another since ww2.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

I assure you it is not the way I feel or the attitude I have that has that authority.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Doesn't this sound like the Congress's statement condemning Russia's action down in Ukraine? They will now try to shame anyone who is against this.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Not an Obama fan, but he's the first president to declare war the CONSTITUTIONAL way since 1942!!! I can respect that.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

Now I am in no way sympathizing, condoning or supporting ISIS, they are a bunch of deranged lunatics and I do agree they need to be stopped if any of the propaganda we are told is true.

Sorry, but this quote shows that you know absolutely jack-squat about what these monsters are doing (yes, we have monsters in the West too, but not like this).

The meddling of the West has inflamed the situation, and now it's spiralling exponentially out of control.

HOWEVER: At the heart of this issue, there exists a tribe of berserkers who rape women & children, cutting off their heads to garner information from distraught loved ones. They butcher & maim, kill & disempower, steal & destroy - on an industrial scale. What you call 'propaganda' is the mildest of evidence coming from the affected regions. The news companies wouldn't want to make your children scream in terror if they happened to walk in while the six o' clock news was on, to see men being shot in the head, one bullet, one man - over & over again, the floor awash with the blood of the slaughtered, their bodies thrown into the river for the sake of convenience. You probably wouldn't watch that station ever again. Do you not yet know the nature of this world? There are very dark forces at work, and if you can't see it, you're at risk of falling into their traps.

The members of ISIS are the most base of humans, and quite frankly don't even deserve the title 'human'. I will not dishonour the animals by saying they are animals - animals exist in balance & purposeful harmony. The wolf blesses the reindeer as its life ebbs away while held by the jaws of the canine - the reindeer then relaxes & finds soft darkness to comfort it as it passes through the veil, finding itself in the context of the whole, finding peace.

The West has tried very hard to put on a brave face with regards fostering goodwill and peace with native Muslims - but the awful truth, is that Islam is not meant to be peaceable. So many people are trapped in its jaws, but it does not bless them; it crushes and destroys them, causing fear & humiliation, servitude & shame, yes, by different scales & levels according to where & when the community is established, but as the power of the male members increase, they get greedy (as all men with power are prone to find themselves so tempted) - they look to the Quran, and are gratified to find that Allah honours deceit & bloodshed, brutality & pride, ego-satisfaction & abiding with a sense of superiority, taxing or killing all who might oppose the development of the Mohammedan system of total world domination. That is what Islam was always intended to become. These misinformed & barbarised men look to the 'wisdom' and fatwas of the Imams, and find every excuse under the Sun for every act of dishonour, disgrace, savagery, perversion & brutality that could ever be thought of under the Sun.

It seems that the world is at the threshold of a new system of some form, and quite horrifyingly, it seems that it is happening according to a long-established plan.

Don't comment on the matter if you haven't yet learnt the meaning of the word 'taqqiyah'. Deception most vile and seditious is perfectly acceptable to further the reach and power of Islam.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

And the west are innocent of everything you have listed are they? I think not. I think our governments are far worse IS. No matter how you like to paint it.

To paraphrase you: Deception most vile and seditious is perfectly acceptable to further the reach and power of corporations. Everything our governments do is for themselves, corporations, banksters and other individuals with obscene sums of money and are willing to pay for policies. There is absolutely NOTHING they won't do. Rape children and cover it up, murdering witnesses? Check. Invade nations under the guise of liberating from tyrants, when its really a grab for resources? Check. Use the media to push agendas and brainwash the masses? Check. Kidnapping and torturing innocent people who are trying to expose them? Check. Let corporations poison us with sub-standard food and water and additives? Check. Create/spread disease and sell us medication? Check. Need I go on?

The western governments, particularly the British, are amongst the most evil people on the planet. They have enabled the creation of the environment for groups like IS to prosper in. They even created some of these militant organisations in the first place in order to destabilise these nations. Some are still doing their job, others went rogue. Either way, the west are responsible for the existence and must share responsibility for their actions.

I am not denying that IS and other groups get up to some horrific things, but how much of it is accurately reported, or even real? We know how much the west love to create the "good vs evil" situation and portray the enemy in the worst possible light. They have been caught out lying repeatedly. I simply do not believe a word they say any more. You however are taking it hook, line and sinker without even questioning. You can condemn me for doubting what the compulsive liars say by all means, but I would rather have the real story than propaganda.

So I will repeat and stick to my convictions that IS are the lesser of the evils. They are still evil though.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
looks like EO-Øbama is going to circumvent Congress yet again...

4,000 troops from Fort Carson are going to get deployed to Kuwait...
that will keep the promise of 'No-Boots' in Iraq or Syria as Kuwait will be their staging area to project offensive, retaliatory strikes against ISIS pockets that can't be struck from airborne platforms for enemy casualties...

~snip~

Obama said the Authorization to Use Military Force draft bill he sent Congress would not "call for the deployment of U.S. ground combat forces to Iraq or Syria."

Read more: www.upi.com... l

basic source: www.upi.com...
see this secure link: www.carson.army.mil...
you too might get this overlay announcement that I got

You are accessing a U.S. Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG-Authorized use only.

By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:
•The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.
•At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.
•Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG-authorized purpose.
•This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests—not for your personal benefit or privacy.
•Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE, or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential. See User Agreement for details.

edit on th28142403571015282015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join