It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebel girls: the beauty queens making 'world peace' a reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The current Miss Universe has been invited to peace talks between the Farc and the Colombian government, another chapter in the history of pageant winners turning to activism.

Rebel girls: the beauty queens making 'world peace' a reality

Wow this is something amazing! Wonder if they could visit any of the big conflict zones?
Perhaps we should adopt miss universe as like a 'world mother'?

You better be good or mom will give you a hiding and no dinner for you tonight you bad world leaders, now say you sorry.

It could work.

My prayers with these girls.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Very cool!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

"I'm trapped & ensnared, in this superficial vanity fair!" - Possessed of Rhyme Asylum

That's how I feel about this.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

if it works then it is a good thing , no different than using film stars to go out to boost the moral of the troops .

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

Could be.

Seems like a big if though.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

yes but until it is tried we will never know , better to try than not try at all .

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Why do things only matter if a "pretty" face is pushing it? We get it, people can't achieve anything without eye candy telling them it's important. Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Being invited to be a part peace talks is hardly rebelling.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Rebelling would be her telling them no because she's just eye candy and not a pivotal humanitarian. I don't need someone who represents the standard of beauty pushed by a few to tell me what's a pressing issue and when to join hands with my fellow man

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My take?

This story is misogyny cloaked in feminism.

"Oh look at these pretty, fragile little girls, so ignorant in world affairs....they have an opinion! Aren't you shocked?"

Thats nice. Me? I am more of the mind of "You're only as good as your last sale". Either something is done to help, or the story is empty fluff hype.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Winners being used as good will ambassadors is not new and its nice to see some success.

new topics

top topics

join