It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Remedies for skin redness?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I know that she uses foods like sauerkraut and kimchi, and drinks a fermented coconut water.
Ive tried the coconut water and thought it was pretty good. It's called Good Belly. I've seen it at grocery stores.

She said NOW Foods brand of probiotics is one the best. Probiotic-10. It's fairly inexpensive.

I'm thinking of trying to stop consuming dairy too. It'll be the hardest thing I've ever done!

edit on 11-2-2015 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I wish I was one of those women who had never worn make up! My grandmother has the most beautiful skin at 85 and has never worn a stitch of make up in her life! I tried the "caveman" approach to skin washing, rinsing only with water at mornings and night, but because my skin is sensitive to the sun and I wear sunscreen daily, it was never enough to get it off my skin and I ended up with kind of a dull greasiness constantly.

reply to: strongfp

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My partner and I make a lot of sauerkraut and pickles, etc. Love that stuff. As for coconut water, it's so expensive where I am that I can't be bothered. I do hear it's great though.

a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Sun cream is a film you put over your face to protect against UV radiation, it'll block your skin from 'breathing' and your ability to even sweat becomes a burden on your skin.
I know this because I am a welder, and when I first started welding I had to wear sun cream to prevent harsh UV burns on my neck. I'd put it all over my neck and under my chin area, then I started to breakout in zits and stuff. I now just cover up with clothing and it went back to normal.
Let your skin breath!
Let it burn from the sun to gain a resistance, it might be uncomfortable for a week or two but the human skin is very durable and resilient.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I use organic, unrefined and cold pressed coconut oil for oil pulling. It did have benefits for my gums. I mostly do it to try to avoid getting things like staph infection into my digestive system

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I wish I could, but the sunburns I get are just too intense. If I let myself get a sunburn, I think I could go as far as to say it's somewhat debilitating. I use a natural and not chemical sunscreen made with zinc oxide, and my skin redness and issues were there before using it. I had a "scary mole" that had to be removed at my hairline as a teenager, and since then its been sunscreen all the way for me.

a reply to: strongfp

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I find my gums are much healthier seeming since oil pulling, even randomly, as well.

a reply to: gmoneystunt

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Urine Tartaric Acid Test
This test detects tartaric acid – a waste product of Candida yeast overgrowth. An elevated test means an overgrowth of Candida. Again, this test can be unreliable so the blood test is more likely to give an accurate result
www.thecandidadiet.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Use Coconut oil and drink more water.

www.yogicameron.com

Ayurveda

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Im a fiend for coconut oil! I use it for everything. I could definitely fit in more water. Thanks!

a reply to: JimNasium

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The absolute best diet for acne I have found is a ketogenic diet.

That's where you get about 70% of your calories from fat in the diet.

Avoid sugar, carbohydrates such as bread and pasta, and grotesquely sweet fruits.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I tried that on a whim once after a friend told me about his slow-carb diet, I wasn't very comitted and therefore made exactly zero progress. My boyfriend would never go along with it, so it might be a pain to cook two separate meals each night and six times on the weekend. That being said, as a 5'2" woman, carrying extra weight around is just as much of a pain, and a strain.

Do you follow keto? How did you get started?

a reply to: OrphanApology

edit on 11-2-2015 by Atsbhct because: Spelling.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I should also make it clear that after switching to oil cleansing I no longer suffer from acne, just redness in my skin tone. I maybe get a few pimples a year, nothing major.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Well one way you can start to adjust your body to becoming keto adapted without jumping right into the diet is to first start eating meals three hours later than you normally would and stop eating three hours earlier than you normally would(the body actually goes into ketosis while sleeping and this just increases the duration).

I am on the diet although I have a few cheat meals on the weekend.

It's also very difficult to do any sort of diets if your partner isn't supportive, especially if they expect you to cook for them. Thankfully my gf is supportive of the diet and eats it along with me.

To get started I would slowly start eliminating things like sugar, breads, and pastas from the diet. Those are the worst offenders carb wise and in my opinion are what cause a lot of excess inflammation. This diet is very good at reducing inflammation which is what it sounds like you are suffering from with the face redness.

Also avoid any type of corn or vegetable oils in diet. Avoid packaged food as they tend to be loaded with carbs. Stick to cooking meats and your own vegetables. Cook with more coconut oil and butter.

Here is a website as well:

www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I was going to suggest coconut oil, but I see you've already tried it. I was going to suggest it because coconut oil has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. Personally, I think it can only do us good.

I used to have a problem with psoriasis. It was around my mouth. I started using coconut oil and it went away. My Darlin' suggested that it was possibly a tad strange to have shiny stuff around my mouth, and suggested that I put it all over my head. I did.

My skin looks really happy. I make coconut oil. I wish I had enough to bathe in it.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Unless you are really exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods of time, I definitely would go without for a while to see if it makes a difference. I stopped using makeup with sunscreen and moisturizers with it and my skin is definitely less red. It also doesn't get sunburned as easily....which sounds counterintuitive. I rarely rarely use it now. When I do it's becsuse I'm at a water par, or the beach. I don't even use it in my pool. I just wear a hat and try to stay under the umbrella. I swear sunscreen can cause more problems than we know. Obviously it's great when you are at the beach or something though.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Skin rashes (red and itchy skin) may be a symptom of certain fungal, bacterial, or viral infections as well. There are some home remedies for rashes like olive oil, baking soda, oatmeal, aloe vera, and apple cider vinegar are really very iffective.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it will help or not, but I use calendula for surface skin irritation. It works great on minor skin irritations and doesn't dry out the skin. I use a spray now but used to have a tube of cream. I also grow the flowers and use the petals in a salve I make with vitamin e, olive oil, beeswax and various essential oils. One of the oils I use is tea tree and my husband swears by the salve when he has redness or acne issues. I've never used it on my face because it's so heavy, but maybe you could try making something like that?

I have to say that I agree with everyone on the fact that our internal state reflects in our external state. Our family recently underwent the candida diet due to a different yeast problem in my son, and we all emerged healthier. Best of luck with everything!
edit on 17-3-2015 by woodsmom because: Typo

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Various conditions can lead to irritated, red skin. Causes can range from a temporary sensitivity to a chronic skin problem. Aloe vera is a miracle plant. Massage your face with aloe vera gel for 2-3 minutes and leave it for 15 minutes, than rinse off. It will make your skin glowing and beautiful.

(post by kamagra4uk removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join