It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Plot Thickens: NASA Exposed Adjusting Temperature Data All Over The World Now

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is the most important thread on ATS ever. This should be posted as a reading comprehension test for membership. Well done.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Any process that involves throwing money, eg. carbon taxes, at a bunch of greedy psychopaths, to fix the problem they created is simply BS. Can I remind you of the bailouts and "too big to e'ing fail?" Lot of similarities there, they create the problem and we pay for it and now the assclowns are doing it again.

Cheers - Dave

Yes, you've cracked it wide open! Bailouts were built on a Lie!

Lehman Brothers is NOT dead! It's just resting. Adjusting thermometers. And pining for the glaciers.

Maybe you'd like to try responding in context? That might be a plan huh?

The bailouts were extortion based on the failings and greed of those who control the ponzi scam. Global warming, eg climate change, are just another kind of scam. Both the bailouts and the alleged "climate change" involve all of us bailing out big corp and bankers again, and for what? To maintain their BS confidence game? Puhlease, you know if you can't afford to buy a clue, I can rent you one ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Okay the globe is warming, All Bore told us that by now the north west passage would be open all winter, is it?
Sea ice is at its greatest extent, north and south, since 1988, yet the globe is warming.
NASA satellites tell us the globe has stayed the same mean temperature for the last 16 years, but the globe is warming.
Snow in strange places, such as the Sphinx, Egypt. Christchurch, New Zealand, first time in 75 years.

This is the exact sort of baseless hyperbole the OP was meant to be a parody of. Al Gore said the NW passage would be ice free during winter? Go ahead and show us a link to this quote because I guarantee it was never said.

Meanwhile globally sea ice is at its greatest extent since 1988 eh? Here’s an article posted just two days ago on Science Daily:

Global sea ice diminishing, despite Antarctic gains

Comparing Arctic sea ice loss to Antarctic sea ice gain shows that the planet has-been shedding sea ice at an average annual rate of 13,500 square miles since 1979

Furthermore, the global ice decrease has accelerated: in the first half of the record (1979-96), the sea ice loss was about 8,300 square miles (21,500 square kilometers) per year. This rate more than doubled for the second half of the period (1996 to 2013), when there was an average loss of 19,500 square miles (50,500 square kilometers) per year

I like this too – Christchurch NZ had its first snowfall in 75 years apparently. Not that such silly anecdotal evidence has any real bearing anyway, but the funny part is this statement isn’t even remotely accurate.

Christchurch climate:

There are on average 99 days of ground frost per year. Snowfalls occur on average three times per year

It comes back to the underlying point of this whole thread –

Anyone can write pretty much whatever they want on the internet. It’s on all of us then to be diligent and read carefully and think critically about the information (and misinformation) being presented. This is a lot more challenging, but also a lot more rewarding, than just mindlessly subscribing to whatever it is we prefer to hear.

I feel this thread has brought out some of the best and worst of ATS.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The bailouts were extortion based on the failings and greed of those who control the ponzi scam. Global warming, eg climate change, are just another kind of scam. Both the bailouts and the alleged "climate change" involve all of us bailing out big corp and bankers again, and for what? To maintain their BS confidence game?

I'd like to recommend you go read this ATS thread for a somewhat different perspective of how ponzi schemes, bailouts and climate change fit in to the whole "game". Keep in mind it was written in 2009 - not long after the bailout, and just after the climategate story broke.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: mc_squared

So, again to clarify.

Are you claiming that the RAW data shows higher temps than the adjusted data ??

Because that is not the case, in any of the graphs.

In every graph the ADJUSTED data shows higher temps across the board, all spikes higher by 0.5-1 Celsius.

No they don’t – but are you trying to imply that because some of the temperatures on the left side of the graph have been adjusted up, this shows artificial warming over time?

Do you understand how warming trends even work?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

That is for so many reasons but especially for those who do not know how to read graphs.

Quoting this for truth.

You can LITERALLY draw some people a diagram, and they still won't see it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: angrypsycho1977
This is the most important thread on ATS ever. This should be posted as a reading comprehension test for membership. Well done.

That makes me laugh. I totally agree.

ETA, the gift that keeps on giving! LOL at the post after this.

edit on 12-2-2015 by network dude because: augustusmasonicus secretly works as a taster for Milwaukees Best brewery.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Oh jeez. Are you fools still going on with this crud? ...Go to Alaska and the Yukon. Talk to real people who live on the land if you want to know the truth.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: angrypsycho1977

I can read very good-Can I has cheezeburger now?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I am confused... the adjusted data does not appear to support the global warming agenda? It shows only a slight increase in the temperature trend. The raw data, if anything, would be the one to support global warming.

Am I the only one who is confused with the OP???

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

The bailouts were extortion based on the failings and greed of those who control the ponzi scam. Global warming, eg climate change, are just another kind of scam. Both the bailouts and the alleged "climate change" involve all of us bailing out big corp and bankers again, and for what? To maintain their BS confidence game?

I'd like to recommend you go read this ATS thread for a somewhat different perspective of how ponzi schemes, bailouts and climate change fit in to the whole "game". Keep in mind it was written in 2009 - not long after the bailout, and just after the climategate story broke.

It's a very good thread and OP! I don't know how I missed it, however, the fact remains that it's all a scam and/or ponzi scheme. I lean towards personal responsibility. I grow vegetables and herbs in the summer. I burn wood while clearing property for the winter. I use well water and process it locally. I buy good food, but try to limit the amounts and the number of times I have to drive anywhere to get it. I support the local farms and businesses. I don't know if I can do much more, but I do know that if everyone behaved responsibly and actually watched what was going on around them, we would have fewer problems as a society.

But those big "five" as you put it and all the other corrupt greed driven scumbags are going to continue to work on our not watching what is going on, so that we can be pushed into behaving irresponsibly. So, certainly I get your point and as your first posters, Advisor, said, "Preaching to the choir my friend." We have to figure out a way to make sure the "audience" gets the message ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It's a very good thread and OP! I don't know how I missed it, however, the fact remains that it's all a scam and/or ponzi scheme. I lean towards personal responsibility....

I am confused...

Did you really call the notion of human induced climate change a scam/ponzi scheme?

As mc_squared wrote in the thread he linked there, this is suddenly the cry, that Climate change is now just a scam to raise our taxes. Before Al Gore came along and mentioned carbon credits, no one was calling it a scam.

It is sad yet amazing that so many have jumped on the climate change is nothing but a scam/ponzi scheme bandwagon.

edit on 12-2-2015 by jrod because: a

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

if any wanted to be taken seriously in the subject they would first need to remove the capitolist gore from the subject. it is clear his motovation is money and greed not environment.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

originally posted by: ParasuvO

So, again to clarify.

Are you claiming that the RAW data shows higher temps than the adjusted data ??

Because that is not the case, in any of the graphs.

In every graph the ADJUSTED data shows higher temps across the board, all spikes higher by 0.5-1 Celsius.

Do you understand how warming trends even work?

Oh heck ya! If my feet are cold when I get into bed and I stick them up against the wife's legs, the trend is "warming"
If she kicks me out of bed and I have to sleep on the couch...the trend is "cooling".

Is that what you meant?

lol

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I get that you are saying your wife is hot.

Perhaps beauty or lust is thee cause for global warming and everyone needs a head covering.
edit on 12-2-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

It's a very good thread and OP! I don't know how I missed it, however, the fact remains that it's all a scam and/or ponzi scheme. I lean towards personal responsibility....

I am confused...

Did you really call the notion of human induced climate change a scam/ponzi scheme?

As mc_squared wrote in the thread he linked there, this is suddenly the cry, that Climate change is now just a scam to raise our taxes. Before Al Gore came along and mentioned carbon credits, no one was calling it a scam.

It is sad yet amazing that so many have jumped on the climate change is nothing but a scam/ponzi scheme bandwagon.

I saw it as a scam years ago when this crap first started. Actually back as far as the, "We gonna have an Ice Age" in the 70's. Governments are agenda driven by their handlers, be it the corporations, the MI complex or the money power directly. For millions, if not billions of years the earth has had weather, get a grip, it's natural just like carbon dioxide. Carbon credits are like pollution credits and just like pollution credits, the pollution won't really go away, the credits will be sold between corporations and the pollution will remain virtually the same. Except maybe instead of putting it all in the air and water, it'll get put into the ground, can you say fracking, sure, new ya could ;-) I went through the pollution credit crap when I was regional engineer for an analytical instrumentation company in the early 80's.

When it comes to weather, we can't even stop a shear wind or create a tornado. Is it to be presumed that at least a number of people of this idiot race are so narcissistic and egocentric as to believe the "party line" that we can control/change the weather of an entire planet that has its own self correcting eco-system? Or is it simply another wealth transfer scam that will enrich the few while using a media driven campaign to bald face lie and state they helped the many. It's all BS.

As an aside, send me some of that ef'ing global warming will ya. My driveway's a thousand feet long and I am getting tired of calling the snow plow in.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Ok, so you are an armchair expert who thinks the notion of climate change is nothing but a ponzi scheme? That explains a lot, you probably know more than the coach of your favorite ball team too.

There is a difference between weather and climate, since this topic is about climate yet you feel the need to rant about us not being able to stop tornadoes I feel you may need to know the difference.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Umm...no. I said my wife's legs were warmer than my feet.

It was humor....sticking with the OP.

What does a head covering have to do with the price of eggs in China?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Ok, so you are an armchair expert who thinks the notion of climate change is nothing but a ponzi scheme? That explains a lot, you probably know more than the coach of your favorite ball team too.

There is a difference between weather and climate, since this topic is about climate yet you feel the need to rant about us not being able to stop tornadoes I feel you may need to know the difference.

Even if it turns out that global warming is true there will always be the fact that so far it is indeed being used in a ponzi scheme and that is the real problem that will keep any real change from happening. The whole movement was hijackd from the start while the proponets hold the hijackers in the highest reguard.

It is like a thief robbing you at gun point while trying to teach you about world poverty. That is the true nature of climate change today.
edit on 12-2-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: deadeyedick

Umm...no. I said my wife's legs were warmer than my feet.

It was humor....sticking with the OP.

What does a head covering have to do with the price of eggs in China?

obviously it is something you lack the capicity to phathom.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join