It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin: Don't Issue Ultimatums To Putin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The words come as the EU suspends new sanctions - including visa bans and asset freezes - to give peace efforts a chance.

Vladimir Putin will not be spoken to in the language of ultimatums, a Russian radio station has quoted the Kremlin as saying.

Reports suggest German Chancellor Angela Merkel had given him until Wednesday to agree a peace plan over Ukraine or face new sanctions.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told Govorit Moskva radio: "Nobody has ever talked to the president in the tone of an ultimatum - and could not do so even if they wanted to."

The warning came as Mrs Merkel met US President Barack Obama to discuss the peace initiative, while the White House considers supplying weapons to Kiev.

Kremlin: Don't Issue Ultimatums To Putin

Well, Mr Putin will not be spoken to in a manner that threatens ultimatums.

Let's be honest, invading a sovereign state is an act of war and against the U.N charter. He needs to draw his troops back over to the Russian side of the border, and allow the separatists to fight their own battles.

Then, we should allow the Ukraine to fight their own battles. No arming of either side, let them put their own house in order.

Should he be given at ultimatum? I think so, I think it's a case of setting your stall out and announcing that his next move, will be deemed brinkmanship.

Anybody trust Putin? I never have, even when Blair was cosying up and trying to sell him to us.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If no-once can talk in het language of ultimatums to Putin even if they wanted to, then clearly no-one has done so - QED.

so what's their problem??

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Let's be honest, invading a sovereign state is an act of war and against the U.N charter. He needs to draw his troops back over to the Russian side of the border, and allow the separatists to fight their own battles.

Insert Afghanistan, Iraq, and many more then kindly insert another country that has invaded as above.

"Your either with us or against us".......LOL

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
If no-once can talk in het language of ultimatums to Putin even if they wanted to, then clearly no-one has done so - QED.

Hey, it's Russia, there's always got to be a problem.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think Putin is wanting an ultimatum that he can feel good about acting on.

He is at a point that if the Bear can not rise from the ash's and make mother Russia what it once was then we all become ash's, he acts like a man with nothing to loose and it seems the majority of Russia is with him.
IMO

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

You have probably read enough of my posts to appreciate I agree with you.

But, what I am saying is that the time has come for ultimatums in the Ukraine. People are dying and the standard of living all over has been hit. Both sides need to back off and let them sort it, vote in a Government for the people and let them decide which side they would rather be with.

Regards

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Ultimatums aren't really useful in diplomacy, I have to agree. I don't think the West is really doing that however. This issue has dragged on for almost a year now. The EU and US have been really patient. If Putin doesn't care about his economy getting hammered then of course the West will step up the pressure.

There simply is no way for the West to accept Russia taking new territory from a European country. If they do accept it then the whole security structure fails. Countries won't trust the EU at all and have limited trust in NATO. I don't think Putin understood this and felt nobody would worry about Crimea and Ukraine. He got that impression from the Georgian war in 2008 when nobody really cared as long as Putin didn't topple the whole country and didn't touch the capital.

The Georgian lesson caused the Russian actions in Ukraine. Now the West has to understand that their actions about the Ukraine problem will directly contribute to the next security challenge from Russia.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

Well If from what I can recall of the history books the Germans tried just that with their visit to Stalingrad and we all know how that worked out......

You would think they would learn no? Germany has been at the losing end of two world wars yet they dictate like they are ......well Dictators. :-)

Round and Round we go I guess.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: Iwinder

You have probably read enough of my posts to appreciate I agree with you.

But, what I am saying is that the time has come for ultimatums in the Ukraine. People are dying and the standard of living all over has been hit. Both sides need to back off and let them sort it, vote in a Government for the people and let them decide which side they would rather be with.

Regards

My last post in this thread, I am aware of things that might be happening in the Ukraine but there is more than one war theater on the go at the moment and I doubt any of them are legal by UN terms.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Why do not western leaders understand that they are the one's to lose the most if this monster of "beyond ultimatums" comes to reality.

Russia is not backing off from Ukraine, instead, it is going to increase its involvement.

Russian Rocket Forces have recently switched to a mode of "wartime alertness drills".

SHTF can happen even before we can shovel the ice from the driveways and come back to CNN.

Putin Warns Europe: Total War If Obama Arms Ukraine

www.liveleak.com...

According to this report, during his 5-hour meeting Friday with Merkel and Hollande, Putin privately warned his European counterparts that he would not allow the Obama regime to arm the fascist-aligned Ukrainian government, and should the US attempt to do so in spite of the Federations warning, “total war” within a few weeks would be the result.
Read more at www.liveleak.com...
edit on 9-2-2015 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder

Insert Afghanistan, Iraq, and many more then kindly insert another country that has invaded as above.

"Your either with us or against us".......LOL

Regards, Iwinder

Insert Georgia, AFGHANISTAN, and many more then kindly insert another country that they haven't invaded.

Like Iran,Cuba,Vietnam etc.

Be a student of history of instead of demaguoging it.
edit on 9-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
www.liveleak.com...

According to this report, during his 5-hour meeting Friday with Merkel and Hollande, Putin privately warned his European counterparts that he would not allow the Obama regime to arm the fascist-aligned Ukrainian government, and should the US attempt to do so in spite of the Federations warning, “total war” within a few weeks would be the result.

That 'report' is based on a distorted Pro-Russian 'news' source. It is the typical Russian power game, just like flying bombers around the world and talking about nuclear bombs in press conferences.

The reality is that if Russia moves against Kiev the whole world would turn against him. He's not that stupid.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Let's be honest, the UN is a sick joke. It is utterly ineffectual and hasn't made a difference for many years.

Next, as far as I recall, the people of Crimea wanted the Russians there, that part of Ukraine identified more with Russia than Ukraine. It is for the people to decide and it seems like they have.

I say the EU should mind its own business, particularly Germany given its history.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline
I think Putin is wanting an ultimatum that he can feel good about acting on.

He is at a point that if the Bear can not rise from the ash's and make mother Russia what it once was then we all become ash's, he acts like a man with nothing to loose and it seems the majority of Russia is with him.
IMO

The world needs another strong power. The EU isn't it. So we're left with the USA (on the decline) and China (on the rise). Another would help ensure some form of stability across the globe.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

He needs to draw his troops back over to the Russian side of the border, and allow the separatists to fight their own battles.

There are no official Russian military fighting at the moment.

There are Russians fighting voluntarily however, experienced ex-soldiers who are being paid, but have chosen to go voluntarily.

Just like as there are paid outside soldiers on the other side, and there were in Libya and are in Syria now.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Why is Merkel even meeting with Obama? After we got caught spying on her cell phone? And again I have to ask ...why is it OK for the US to invade and occupy all the countries it wants but when Russia does it the US wants to make sanctions and have other countries place sanctions as well. More and more countries are starting to get tired of being bossed around by the mighty US. China and India are working with Russia, Turkey is going to let Russia put in a pipe line ....we will be alone one of these days and it will be the fault of the people in Washington.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
There are no official Russian military fighting at the moment.

That's why Lavrov was laughed at during the Munich security conference when he said the same. World leaders openly insulted Putin at the G20 for no reason as well. They are all getting poor info and being fooled by Ukrainians. Oh sorry, it's all a US plot despite the US not really doing much to help Ukraine for the past year.

It's just volunteers taking their tanks and Buk missile systems for a little vacation in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

This probably tells the story about it...

Battle for Donetsk airport: the story of one Russian fighter

And there`s also speculation about there might be mercenaries trapped in the Debaltsevo pocket, and that`s why the West is so uptight the last couple of days. The pocket is now fully surrendered and there is no way of escaping anymore.

Source: nearly 200 Balkan mercenaries fighting on Kiev’s side in Ukraine

US private security firm Academi plays the key role in hiring the mercenaries.

Source

DPR dept corps commander morning briefing is also talking about foreign mercenaries at 7:40 min :

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

It's not that there is a ring around Debaltsevo, individual soldiers can still walk through the farms and snow covered lands and surrender. However, the Punitive Barriers of Fascist troops will shoot them.

This does not make sense at all. What is the point of fighting for another 2-3 days and then getting killed vrs surrendering now and saving the lives of 5000 or more men.

Obama should call Porky and ask him to give in and surrender at least in that encircled pocket in Debaltsevo. Consideration for Humanity is the top priority.

Porky and his henchmen cannot defeat Russia. US/EU will not come up with any help. Better to save the lives of common men yanked from their houses unwillingly.

Kiev is only and hour or so from Belarus. Putin can cut off and trap the bulk of Ukrops in the East and then take Kiev fast and easy.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

This does not make sense at all. What is the point of fighting for another 2-3 days and then getting killed vrs surrendering now and saving the lives of 5000 or more men.

Obama should call Porky and ask him to give in and surrender at least in that encircled pocket in Debaltsevo. Consideration for Humanity is the top priority.

Because there are mercenaries ?

You hear the DRP spokesman say they will do everything to cover it up.

It would be a political nightmare for the US/West if they actual find a bunch of mercenaries...it could be they were preparing to launch an attack from the pocket, but got caught with their pants down.

NAF have already started the attack on the pocket and are in fierce fighting atm.
edit on 9 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join