It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disembodied voices when I'm laying down

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: scolai

Perhaps what you are experiencing could be...(Voice to Skull).

Here is a link explaining: sites.google.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kissy princess
YES! I know exactly what you are referring to. I was explaining this to some friends the other day. I first noticed this phenomenon when I was a teenager. I never receive anything very clear, but yes, it does sound like a muffled conversation coming from another room. Very strange.

I've dried up from alcohol abuse twice (6 years sober), on my second go I was having a really bad time, I was trying to sleep but experiencing the withdrawals(they are the fricking weirdest things ever). I heard this same exact thing, it was driving me nuts. It only happened once, I think it was on the second night of being dry but I distinctly remember the muffled conversation. I chaulked it up to my brain going through overdrive from the havoc of alcohol abuse.

Our brains are so mysteriously terrifying.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's called "sound matrixing."a reply to: scolai

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

How long ago since your OBE? And how long have you been hearing voices? Are there any other effects such as seeing things, feeling of being watched, negative thoughts, misplaced things...? You might have brought sth with you while in your first OBE...

My advice, be vigialnt on the things out of the ordinary in your life for a while. But don`t think of it too much cause you may manifest sth that is not there, if you know what I mean...

As for ignortant people calling out Shizophrenia, please educate yourself. On short what is Shizophrenia. It is an elaborate assumption to explain the unknown human behaviour based on thousands similar cases. It cannot be scientificaly proven so there is no way to know for sure what it is, what causes it and how to cure it...It is just human arrogance to define sth unexplainable.

Let me provide you with some quotes by authoritative people as you are very unlikely to believe me...

— Allen Frances, Psychiatrist and former DSM-IV Task Force Chairman

“There are no objective tests in psychiatry-no X-ray, laboratory, or exam finding that says definitively that someone does or does not have a mental disorder.” “There is no definition of a mental disorder. It’s bull—. I mean, you just can’t define it.”

— Dr. Joseph Glenmullen, Harvard Medical School psychiatrist

While there has been “no shortage of alleged biochemical explanations for psychiatric conditions…not one has been proven. Quite the contrary. In every instance where such an imbalance was thought to have been found, it was later proven false.”

— Peter Breggin, Psychiatrist

“In reality, psychiatric diagnosing is a kind of spiritual profiling that can destroy lives and frequently does.”

— Dr. Elliott Valenstein Ph.D., author of Blaming the Brain

“The theories are held on to not only because there is nothing else to take their place, but also because they are useful in promoting drug treatment.”

— Dr. Joseph Glenmullen, Harvard Medical School psychiatrist

“No claim for a gene for a psychiatric condition has stood the test of time, in spite of popular misinformation.”

I hope you get the picture now, or should I paste more...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

That jibes pretty well with my thoughts... there IS mechanical seeming brain illness, but that usually manifests obviously... as in a big disconnect with consensus reality-logic... and there ARE spirits - seeming non physical intelligences, more specifically... so separating that and likely unknown aspects of consciousness is more art than any actual science.

Hearing voices that are unintelligible when in a low stimuli environment is pretty innocuous and likely not a call for drugs and therapy... if they start telling you to actually do things... bad things, anyway, then psychiatric care AND shamanic care might be in order... to cover all bases, so-to-speak.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: scolai
I often hear voices when I'm laying down. That's the only time I ever hear them.

Most of the time, it's just a mumbling, as if I'm hearing a muffled conversation in another room. However, sometimes, I hear the voices clearly.

For instance, one time, I was laying down and I heard several distinct voices telling me all sorts of things in rapid succession. The last voice, which still rings in my head, said in a very firm, urgent voice, "Don't let them come in through the window."

All that to ask, has anyone else experienced these voices?

You are a text book case for any paranormal investigator. Contact your nearest paranormal investigator and let them stop by and analyze the situation.

You are a sensitive.

Do you see purple when you close your eyes?

Ever hear three knocks?

Or you hear footsteps in the home?

No worries it is only evil spirits harassing you. In your past, you probably have visited a medium, been practicing some type of occult ritual such as Ouija board maybe? Or went to a Tarot card reader, or a curse has been put on you or your family, etc....

Once they start touching you, if I was you, I would find out how to stop them from attacking you.

It takes a person some time; even years before they realize where or what it is that is attacking.

They have showed they exist..... now you can believe it or refuse to believe in a spiritual world. The choice is yours. Depressed much lately? Wishing you were dead? Maybe Crohn's disease or colitis or Epilepsy ?

I bet you have more headaches than normal, huh?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Why can I not say win dow?

It's an NSA codeword. You can't say either.

eta: The ATS code occasionally will fiddle with the name of the white snortable powder that Eric Clapton sang about, and the colloquial name for a key plug you insert into a port to enable a piece of software, d o n g l e.
edit on 9-2-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You know, if there's a fan on and I'm about half asleep, I will hear people muttering just out of earshot.

It's a facet of how your ears search noise for pattern. It's similar to the way you tend to see faces in random details.

I've also had several experiences of hypnopompic dream states where I'm almost but not quite awake, and I'd swear I was briefly sort of tuned in to all the various sub-personas in my head exchanging information. Like sitting back with a traffic analyzer listening in to the cell calls in an area.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Sounds like you're a conduit for the other side! a reply to: scolai

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I wouldn't go that far. I've experienced a lot of that in the past, but I took care of it.

Anytime I have actually heard and understood the voices, they never say anything bad. They just give advice or weird, cryptic warnings.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

I've never actually had a successful OBE. I've gotten to the point of separation, but then my heart winds up crawling up my throat and pounding at 200BPM. That usually keeps me stuck here.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

do you have an aquarium nearby? I get the same stuff if I'm in my fiance's room. Especially if I haven't slept much.

I find I can make them say whatever I want, which helps me feel better that it's just some audio hallucination.

Do you normally hear voices or just in this scenario?

If you always hear voices, then please go to a doctor.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I have never had an aquarium.

I don't know why a lot of people keep telling me to go to a doctor. I hear voices when I'm in bed. That's it.

It's not like I'm walking down the street and I hear the voice of God telling me to run away from the sun because I'm Jesus and the sun is the devil.

I'm not crazy, but thanks for your concern.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheProphetMark

Schizophrenia.

You should probably talk to your Doctor about seeing a psychiatrist.

That's the garbage explanation most people like to use. For people who have out of body experiences, this is quite common. The brain's filter is no longer available and all frequencies so to speak are available and coming through without a filter to narrow things down. It seems as though many people who are labeled schizo are simply able to bypass the brain's filter, and then don't know how to handle all the incoming information. People who learn meditation can eventually do this.

I've only experienced this once, while lying down with my head propped up and reading a book. I got tired and my attention focused on a point of interest on the bedroom door. My mind most likely went into a theta state, meditative or self hypnotic, and I began to hear several voices at once coming from the direction of the door. I knew I was falling into a sleep paralysis state, which many say is a precursor to out of body. Unfortunately my consciousness didn't separate, and has never up to this point, but I was probably close. My vision certainly changed as my eyes were left open in this state.

As expected, there will be someone refuting any of this and asking for evidence. All you need to do is look at the work that has been done by the Monroe Institute starting in the early 70s, and by Thomas Campbell, one of the physicists that worked on the lab experiments there early on.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Shes saying that if it is just in bed then that is legit. That is what I believe rukia means. because now we know that you aren't crazy, dude.

and now that she helped clarify that we can try to get down to the bottom of this.

Ok so when you hear these spectral voices how do you feel?

Do you have any other changes in sensation?

Are they audible or like projected into your head?

Can you see if anyone else can hear them?

Do you have a pet you can bring with you?
a cat esp. would react imo

nw it's chill dude
also, how longs ths been going on?
edit on 9-2-2015 by KingKelson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

My apologies if what I said before came off wrong, or something--but i really wasn't asserting that you were insane. I was merely seeking to clarify something, which you did, thanks.

I don't think that you're crazy. Your demeanor does not suggest schizophrenia imo (but i'm not a professional, just a college student). And as for being concerned, I suppose I'd be more concerned about you with regards to whatever is messing with you than your mental health. Although whatever is going on sounds pretty unsettling and over time could cause distress. At the very least, it must be very irritating to endure.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
1st: are you evil?
2nd: all the voices are demons.
3rd: only pay attention to what you will have in your life.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I often hear voices when I'm laying down.

Hypnagogia
edit on 10-2-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Develo

I often hear voices when I'm laying down.

originally posted by Develo Hypnagogia

check this out:

a reply to: GraveRobert

care to expound on what you mean by that third bullet point you've got there?
edit on 10-2-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Sorry if I came off a bit snappy. I work overnight and I'm a bit on edge. Also, I misread your post. A lot of times when I ask people about this, including my own family, they jump to the worst possible scenario: mental disorder.

But like I said, it's only when I'm laying down or trying to astral project.

Although, I was thinking it might have something to do with the weird dreams I've been having about more human-looking aliens.

Still the time one of the voices said, "Don't let them come in through the win dow." Was the most cryptic and most terrifying thing that I've heard. If it is hypnagogic, then at least I know it's all in my head.

One thing I didn't mention earlier is that I have, on occasion, but not often, carried on a conversation with one of the female voices telepathically (maybe).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join