It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disembodied voices when I'm laying down

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I often hear voices when I'm laying down. That's the only time I ever hear them.

Most of the time, it's just a mumbling, as if I'm hearing a muffled conversation in another room. However, sometimes, I hear the voices clearly.

For instance, one time, I was laying down and I heard several distinct voices telling me all sorts of things in rapid succession. The last voice, which still rings in my head, said in a very firm, urgent voice, "Don't let them come in through the window."

All that to ask, has anyone else experienced these voices?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
That was supposed to say window. Idk what that was erased.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Why can I not say win dow?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: scolai

Schizophrenia.

You should probably talk to your Doctor about seeing a psychiatrist.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
YES! I know exactly what you are referring to. I was explaining this to some friends the other day. I first noticed this phenomenon when I was a teenager. I never receive anything very clear, but yes, it does sound like a muffled conversation coming from another room. Very strange.
edit on 8-2-2015 by kissy princess because: typo

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Perhaps rudimentary telepathy.....?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Is there anything producing white noise in the room? Air conditioner, fans?
If so, this is a common phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I usually have the TV on. But the voices permeate whatever sound comes through the TV, regardless of what show or music I have playing.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I don't know if this applies but the article at the link below may have some interesting information for you.

LINK

Schizophrenia does not seem to me to be what you are describing. The article is about EVP, but I'm sure it applies to how our minds deal with any sort of background noise.

I know many times in my life I've thought I heard my name said or imagined sentences being spoken in what turns out to be no more than some kind of noise happening around me. Even sitting quietly in a remote outdoor location the noise of wind and water can often seem to contain voices.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yes, the idea of a babbling brook is true. Water flowing in a stream can sound like voices speaking gibberish.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It's not schizophrenia, don't worry.

Let me guess...
- They are often in different voices, mostly not somebody you recognize?
- Often, you only hear parts of conversations and some of them totally mundane and random chitchat?
- Do you sometimes feel like your ears are just cruising the radio dial, picking up chatter from around the world?

I totally get that. It's maddening and I think there's a lot more to it that the official explanation of "hypnogogic (sp?) hallucinations". Wikipedia explains it pretty well, for what it's worth. Technically, that's what they are but... it's a bit more, don't you think?

For a long time I thought it really was me picking up real conversations but a couple of things don't make sense to me if that were the case. For one, why are they always speaking English? How come I don't hear anybody speaking Mandarin or Spanish? Also, how come every time I decide I'm going to write it down, they stop?

I only wanted to pipe in here before somebody convinced you that you had a mental disorder. I'm not saying you don't but what you are experiencing certainly doesn't mean you do.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You're not alone and probably not nuts. It's a fairly common phenomenon. Here's a thread from a couple weeks ago, may give you some insight on the subject. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I usually hear voices when I try to sleep without the tv on. I only recently noticed this. It actually scares the crap out of me, but I think it is just my tired brain ready for sleep.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If you have a decent cell phone, there are apps for recording these voices, some free, the better ones cost a couple bucks, make sure the mic is facing towards where it's coming from, and see if you can discern what they are saying. Even if it's not a voice and just natural sound, you can download spectrum analyzer apps for sound and locate where the sound is originating from by the intensity, and also what frequencies these sounds lie within.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
You may be vertically psychically challenged. And may be an Horizontal psychic alignment type of person.

... Also why do you hear voices? Get out a tape recorder and tape it for further validation.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I don't believe they are physical voices. Recording near dream state voices is impossible.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Have you experienced any out of body events?
Ever taken any hallucinogens? Recently? or in the distant past?
I believe that some people have better latent psy ability than others, just like some have more sensitive hearing...
Perhaps have your hearing checked out?
These are rhetorical questions....

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Funny you should mention OOBEs.

This all started around the time I started trying to astral project. I was never successful, that I know of, but I did *feel* ... things ... In the room with me.

For instance, sometimes I'd see figures pass between my closed eyes and the light source, or I'd feel like something was standing right next to/over/on top of me.

And I know I'm going to sound totally crazy for saying this, but it's the only way I know how to describe it. There was an older man that spoke to me while I tried to project, but I could "hear" his face. I never once saw him, bit I could hear his looks. I don't know. It's hard to explain.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I agree with the conclusion to see a doctor, it is nothing to be ashamed of and it doesn't mean you are crazy.
Sometimes our brains can misfire or become unbalanced and all kinds of strange things can happen, I have personally experienced some strange things. Good on you for being brave enough to talk about it, your doctor will help you, and if not find another.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I know exactly what your talking about. This is all normal when learning to astral project. I have been practicing astral projection for about 11 years now.

You are entering an expanded state of awareness. Your becoming conscious of your subconscious thoughts. As you lower your brainwave frequency and relax into a meditative state you will hear many things.

Don't be scared. Its like a dream. If you are scared you will have a negative experience. If you are confident and understand that what you think about is what you get in these realities, you will have a positive experience.

Your getting really close to astral projection, a little more relaxation and your there.

Try to ignore the voices, don't block them out, just let them happen and don't pay attention to them. Then relax and feel your mind expanded past your physical body. You might start to sway or feel rolling a little. Keep relaxing and your astral body will pop right out.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join