It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public being prepped for news?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I've been noticing recently the large increase in television shows regarding aliens and Ufos and I can't help but wonder...if the powers that be do indeed control the media as a way to keep the public thinking a certain way it seems odd that there are so many shows about aliens and ufos these days. Even more odd is the number of shows that directly centre around the government coverup of the topic and all the nasty things they have done to conceal it.
This makes me wonder if we are being sort of conditioned to accept the fact that we are not alone and never have been. Which brings me to the possibility that someday the truth or at least a portion of it will be told to us finally.
What does everybody think of this hypothesis?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: makaveli3601
I've been noticing recently the large increase in television shows regarding aliens and Ufos and I can't help but wonder...if the powers that be do indeed control the media as a way to keep the public thinking a certain way it seems odd that there are so many shows about aliens and ufos these days. Even more odd is the number of shows that directly centre around the government coverup of the topic and all the nasty things they have done to conceal it.
This makes me wonder if we are being sort of conditioned to accept the fact that we are not alone and never have been. Which brings me to the possibility that someday the truth or at least a portion of it will be told to us finally.

Mmmm, maybe, but mostly what I've noticed is that most all the shows are re-runs. I'm not seeing any new information whatsoever.

Maybe I'm missing something?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: makaveli3601

People have been saying this for decades, yet here we are with no official "disclosure" to speak of. I think it's only a matter of time until we find signs of exoplanets with life on them, but I'm not so sure we will see the type of disclosure most of the people active in the ufo research community are expecting. Personally, I'd be wary of any such announcement anyways, in the unlikely event it did occur.
edit on 8-2-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Well known, the Vatican's "alien card" and the One world religion.

www.exovaticana.com...

Aliens - the great deception:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
I generally agree. Alot of the ufo programming at least in the U.S. are reruns or rehash. I am watching with some interest though as on the History 2 channel here next Friday begins season 2 of "Hangar 1" I think its called. I like what they offered last year even though as pointed out not alot of new information. Hopefully season 2 will offer some new info and/or updates related to past shows.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: makaveli3601

Has it occurred to you that the government wants us to believe in extraterrestrials and believe that they visit earth and abduct people rather than the opposite? Fearful people are much easier to manipulate and control than non-fearful people.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I think you're being conditioned alright! To
accept the greatest deception ever embarked upon
the human race.

edit on Rpm20815v092015u40 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I could be wrong on this,but here is my thinking on it. They never really give away anything on those shows.Ratings are king in that industry,and they know the public likes a good conspiracy. Therefore I think they use it as a shell game.

Lets run shows on UFO's to keep the masses happy,so they won't pay much attention to what we (the government) is REALLY up to. That way we can keep stalling on issues like Benghazi,the Iraq war,our involvement in Ukraine,the same with ISIS,and i could go on and on. Like I said,its all a shell game. "Watch THIS hand folks,pay no attention to my other one".

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

the human race.

Elaborate please.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Disclosure will never happen...

If it did, they'd have to divulge information about Spiritual Possession...

& if the peons knew how that worked there would be a reaction that makes the Apocalypse seem like watching the Sunset by the Pyramids.

The best hope people have for "disclosure" is to read between the lines and see the signs that the "in the know" filter through.

Everyone believing it, & everyone knowing it...
The chasm between them is almost unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'm sure you've heard it before. Ancient texts tell of the deception
that is coming. I believe it's here now.

Mark 13:5,22 ...'TAKE HEED, lest any man deceive you ... For false christs and false prophets shall arise and shall show signs and wonders to seduce, if possible, even the elect.'

Satan knows his time is short because Israel has returned to its land. A land that God gave to Abraham. Isaac and Jacob and their descendants for an everlasting covenant (Genesis 17:7-8. Judges 2:1, Psalm 105:6-11, Jeremiah 31:35-37). From the word of God we know that Christ is to return in His second coming to Israel and a rebuilt Temple (Zechariah 12:10, Daniel 9:27, 2Thess. 2:4). He is not coming to New York City and the UN, or to Rome and the Vatican, or to Salt Lake City and the Mormons or to Belgium and the EU. Christ is coming back to Jerusalem, and that is where He and Satan will face off at the battle of Armageddon (Revelation 16:16). We furthermore know that Jesus Christ alone will bring peace to that region and to the world (Isaiah 9:6) and that He will rule and reign there for 1000 years from the rebuilt Temple (Revelation 20:4). If Satan will be there, then so will his fallen angels and thus the tie once again between UFOs and Israel.

Source

For proof, all one has to do is note the very deceptive nature,
involved with the whole UFO phenomana. The whole now you see me
now you don't mind #### that strings itself thru out all paranormal
activity. It all entails the personality of mischiief that is the personality
of the devil. That old dragon, Satan! Sounds corny? Just more deception.
edit on Rpm20815v352015u18 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
a reply to: TonyS
I generally agree. Alot of the ufo programming at least in the U.S. are reruns or rehash. I am watching with some interest though as on the History 2 channel here next Friday begins season 2 of "Hangar 1" I think its called. I like what they offered last year even though as pointed out not alot of new information. Hopefully season 2 will offer some new info and/or updates related to past shows.

I'm with you, I liked that show and will watch the new show with the same hope they can come up with something new. But...I don't really expect they will. For one thing, I suspect they're being censored, or forced to self-censor, but another problem is that a lot of avenues of research have been cut off or sources have been buried.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
imagine if someone came out and said there aren't aliens working/protecting us and that we are actually on our own here to make or break civilization based on what we choose to do with our planet and people...

people would riot!

no, but your probably right,
I am sure
the second coming of Christ
nibiru
Reptilian center earth dwellers
Georgia guidestone "prophecys"
Aliens!!

Are about to be revealed to the public..its totally for sure obviously being slowly leaked.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Here you suggest

the human race.

By saying "you're" being conditioned, are you suggesting that you are not?
By saying "the greatest deception" are you suggesting an ultimate deception, one that can be pinpointed specifically and not generally? One that can be isolated from all others by labeling it the "greatest"
By saying "embarked upon the human race" do you mean, embarked upon (by) the human race? If so then how have we deceived ourselves.
If not, what do you mean by "embarked upon the human race?

Then the video. What does the video support in your statements. Does it seek to support that greatest deception? If so, what is that greatest deception, that we can find common ground with a conjectured alien race?
I guess I just don't understand any of our reply.

edit Never mind, I found your answer in your second post.

edit on 28America/ChicagoSun, 08 Feb 2015 15:51:02 -0600Sun, 08 Feb 2015 15:51:02 -060015022015-02-08T15:51:02-06:003u51 by TerryMcGuire because: Never mind, I found your answer in your second post.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
No, we are not being prepared.
Hollywood is not preparing us for superheroes, those movies make money.
Tv is not preparing us for zombies. Check the ratings of walking dead. Money!
People watch shows about aliens so Hollywood makes more shows about aliens.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
No, we are not being prepared.
Hollywood is not preparing us for superheroes, those movies make money.
Tv is not preparing us for zombies. Check the ratings of walking dead. Money!
People watch shows about aliens so Hollywood makes more shows about aliens.

Pretty sure the internet is preparing me for Kim Kardashian's Buttocalypse...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

"embarked upon the human race?

Set sail, initiated, tried, ignitioned.

edit Never mind, I found your answer in your second post.

That's cool Terry.

I just believe 100% that many people in todays world are to
easily led astray.
edit on Rpm20815v212015u20 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
we have been prepped since the roswell "landing" and still no news. if it happens the aliens are gonna announce it not spineless obama.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This has been a subject of conversation since the first UFOs were seen and the first media mentioned aliens.

Perhaps there is a slow reveal to get the "masses" ready... unfortunately some of us are ahead of the curve and spend our lives waiting for the rest to catch up in all matters... if it is known in some elite circles that aliens exist, I fear that those of us ready for that certain eventuality are doomed to wait until the rest are ready to hear of it... or at least until some small group judges the rest of us as ready.

Sometimes it is frustrating being ahead of the curve!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There is no doubt that the media is a scheme to keep the world in it's place (9-5 or 5-9 jobs, NEEDING grades to live, having to work FOR someone and never for yourself, always being a part of the minority). It's all around us, we can't get food from nature without being thrown in jail, we HAVE to buy it and stick to the rules.

It is said that Disclosure is coming very soon. Remember that the word has a capital 'D' to state that it's the BIG one and not a little disclosure event. This has been explained on another thread. Anyway, TV is a huge tool in planting ideas in people's minds, so with such an event coming nearer, it's very plausible that what you're saying is EXACTLY what's happening. The public are fueled by the information and subliminal messaging that's injected in our minds every day. Making something like this seem common and normal would, in my opinion, be the best way to calm a species about the situation before actually revealing it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join