It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puma Punku & Ancient Technology From Over 12,000 Years Ago

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Is it as good as all this done in the medieval ages?.

Stone masons tools have not changed much you know and I think stone masons would be able to do as well.

So lets look at the facts that you have not been truthful about the age of the place and when a person who is knowledgeable about stone masonry added his thoughts you shouted him down.....

That is nice art, but different from Puma Punku in my opinion.
They also had cement and such, medival masonry involved many tools and machines which should not be considered primitive at all.
Plenty of mediveal science and engineering went into the construction of castles and cities. Countless tools went into the construction of cities, it wasnt primitive in the least. Its good construction yes, but the stone work is different as well. I wouldnt consider ancient Rome to be using only primitive tools either.

If your saying the makers of Puma Punku were likened to ancient castle builders you may be correct, but it takes quite a bit of engineering, know how, and technology to do it, also some of the stone work of Puma Punku is not something that can be reporduced without using modern power tools IMHO.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There's not much "H" in that "O."

Harte

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

OP - you've been had. Stop watching garbage like Ancient Aliens.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

So then, just out of curiosity, how does one cut diorite without diamond tipped saws and or tech?

This is not like limestone, what most stone masons work with with modern tools.

This stuff is a 7 on the hardness scale where diamond is a 10.

You do realize that there isn't a single of piece of diorite to be found at Puma Punku, right? All the red sandstone you could ever ask for, and the odd block of andesite here and there, but not one bit of diorite. Andesite is similar to diorite, but not the same by any means...

Even if it were diorite (which it isn't), so what? We have countless diorite artifacts from all throughout history, along with the tools that made them and, in many cases, writings that detail such work. The Egyptians used diorite for a number of things. Some of the old European cathedrals used diorite. The Maya used diorite. Hell, the Code of Hammurabi is inscribed in a 7 foot tall carved pillar of...you guessed it....diorite.....

And where exactly do you live that most stonework is done with limestone? It depends on the project, of course, but most modern masons work primarily with granite.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

While im not disputing the fact that the Tihuanaco culture is a remarkable architectual and engineering feat in any age, I concur with AdmireTheDistance that just because the megalithic structures show incredible features such as very precise geometric shapes etc, it by no means implicates any "divine" or "EBE" (extraterrestrial biological entity) involvement, just that these people had developed stunning and awe-inspiring, deep knowledge of masonry and mathematics. The ONLY thing I find really incredible is how effectively 600 years of western self-back-patting and disintrest in the learning and achievements of any other culture has created a culture of ignorance and downright downplaying the natural intelligence and ingenuity of man.
edit on 1022015 by MacChiavell1 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MacChiavell1

While im not disputing the fact that the Tihuanaco culture is a remarkable architectual and engineering feat in any age, I concur with AdmireTheDistance that just because the megalithic structures show incredible features such as very precise geometric shapes etc, it by no means implicates any "divine" or "EBE" (extraterrestrial biological entity) involvement, just that these people had developed stunning and awe-inspiring, deep knowledge of masonry and mathematics. The ONLY thing I find really incredible is how effectively 600 years of western self-back-patting and disintrest in the learning and achievements of any other culture has created a culture of ignorance and downright downplaying the natural intelligence and ingenuity of man.

You're off target with that last bit.

For example, most of what we know about the Tiahuanaco culture was discovered by Americans or with American money.

The general populace in any country has always been, and remains today, ignorant.

Harte

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Naysayers will continue to point out their obvious flaws of their personal beliefs for it is
predominantly the human way to detest change.

The angles to the craftsmanship are perfect!
To underestimate the message is to deny truth.

Viewing details it is clear to an open and educated mind to see the geometric patterns are
purposefully aligned in precision along with the megalithic building procedure - a procedure
we find in archaic history riddled in a monolithic puzzle strewn across our planet.

The ruins of Puma Punku lay in distress offering little clues as to it's original design
and the message it carried; however Tiwanaku is in direct correlation .

Tiwanaku's hidden message incorporates phonics with it's monuments such as the Solo-man Sundial
and the 'Sea of Faces Wall of Humanity' eluding to it's cyclic calendar of solar mechanics left
by prior-man unknown thousands of years escaped now, problematic by our primitive assumptions..
..an undeniable message coded in mathematics, geometry, astrological signs marked by solstice's.

Information now awakening free to all mankind!

Be well all.
E.NOCH

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: glass87onion
You don't need to have a genius IQ to see there's a LOT of things we don't know and a LOT of things that's been hidden from us.

You do know that learning and discovery is a process, don't you? And that we admittedly don't know everything? The only thing "hiding" from us is the tendency for things to get lost and ignored as time goes by, which forces us to try and put the pieces together after the fact. Our ancestors were lousy record keepers, because they tended to live much more in the present. So when they were done with something, they threw it away.

Look at it this way. If things are being purposely hidden from us, how is it that YOU know anything about them? Because you're such an intellectual genius, daring to uncover humanity's secrets? Probably not. You probably read about them in some book or on the Internet (THE CITADEL OF SECRETS). You want to know about stuff? Keep digging! Nobody is stopping anybody. The hard part, however, is accepting what you eventually find as the truth, no matter how boring and mundane it might be.

A lot of little sweaty people banging for years on rocks is not quite as interesting as aliens flying spaceships around and helping build monuments.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I don't see a reason to suggest it was aliens who built it, but at the same time I see the point in lying to myself and acting like this isn't possible.

However, what's even more baffling is that people believe this was done by humans, yet no one has come up with any sort of logical method in which humans could have accomplished this. Understand that some of Puma Punku was built with Andesite, one of the hardest rocks on earth. To cut this stone, you would need something even harder. What about this don't people comprehend?

Is it really so hard to believe there may have been a civilization more advanced than history tells us?

Go get yourself a block of Andesite and start scratching at it with a penny, tell me how that works out for you.
edit on 10-2-2015 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2015 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: roncoallstar
I don't see a reason to suggest it was aliens who built it, but at the same time I see the point in lying to myself and acting like this isn't possible.

However, what's even more baffling is that people believe this was done by humans, yet no one has come up with any sort of logical method in which humans could have accomplished this. Understand that some of Puma Punku was built with Andesite, one of the hardest rocks on earth. To cut this stone, you would need something even harder. What about this don't people comprehend?

Is it really so hard to believe there may have been a civilization more advanced than history tells us?

Go get yourself a block of Andesite and start scratching at it with a penny, tell me how that works out for you.

Not saying it was aliens but I am saying they had some methods we may not be aware of. However the local legends say it was aliens. Also they must have had more than just primitive tools, it takes alot to build a castle and alot to destroy one too. I think the date may be wrong as well, because if is was CE the temple should still be standing today, how was it destroyed?

Also the legends of Puma Punku local legend is that Puma Punku was built first. The legend is that creatures from another world came and built this temple in one day and one night and that Tiwanaku was built later as a copy cat of this incredible temple.
edit on 10-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

www.rense.com...

No one knows how he made the coral castle, its kind of a mystery.

Supposedly he went to egypt to learn some type magic from what I herd of the case.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You mean like Puma Punku? hahaha Don't let them get You down..

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Its a marvel of stone work, I wonder what techniques the ancients used?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

$500 says they used rope (or vines), wooden sleds or rollers, pounding stones, copper chisels, copper saws, copper drills, water, sand, and probably some long wooden poles for leverage.

Edit: Depending on the precise age, and taking into consideration any potential additions that weren't part of the original construction, there may have been an odd iron implement or two used as well. Probably just copper though....
edit on 2/13/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

No it must have been lasers oradvanced technology. ...
Sarcasm mode on.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

$500 says they used rope (or vines), wooden sleds or rollers, pounding stones, copper chisels, copper saws, copper drills, water, sand, and probably some long wooden poles for leverage.

Edit: Depending on the precise age, and taking into consideration any potential additions that weren't part of the original construction, there may have been an odd iron implement or two used as well. Probably just copper though....

Regarding the Tiahuanaco culture that built it (if that's still what we're talking about,) the tools they had were of a copper alloy almost as hard as wrought iron.
The alloyed it, but they also benefitted from naturally-occurring elements that are already mixed in with the copper from the region. So, an inadvertent type of bronze.

Harte

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
..interesting how deep the ancient aliens BS seems to infect people´s thinking..

this new superstitious thinking seems like a mind controlling tech to me, seriously.
..´alien´ is merely just any easy/ empty excuse for anything.

As an alternative, ´alien´ could easily just be replaced with ´old lost spiritual knowledge´.

there are no aliens. But there were good mansons for sure. And religions.

cheers

edit on 13-2-2015 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
and the fact we didnt find the ancient mansons tools yet, doesn´t mean they didn´t have solid metal tools.
Copper isn´t hard enough.

The stone casting idea has been proved in experiments though. Here a nice example by a professional molder:
pumapunkutheories.webs.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Regarding the Tiahuanaco culture that built it (if that's still what we're talking about,) the tools they had were of a copper alloy almost as hard as wrought iron.
The alloyed it, but they also benefitted from naturally-occurring elements that are already mixed in with the copper from the region. So, an inadvertent type of bronze.

Harte

I was hoping you might show up, as I know you're much more well versed on South American cultures than I am. Yes, I'm still talking about the Tiahuanaco culture, though I think some other members may have taken a nearby Stargate even further into fantasyland....

Thank you for the added information. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know what other minerals were alloyed with cooper to make their tools? I've never heard of a copper alloy with similar strength to wrought iron, though, admittedly, I don't know all that much about metallurgy.

originally posted by: boymonkey74
No it must have been lasers oradvanced technology. ...
Sarcasm mode on.

Psssh. Nonsense. Everyone knows that they had to decouple the lasers from their vimanas before entering the stargate, or else the high energies would have made them fire unpredictably towards the interior of the wormhole, the resulting standing waves would form an optical cavity, and the Helmholtz resonators would go into a feedback loop, expanding the cavity exponentially until it consumed the entire multiverse. Sheesh. You must think I was born yesterday.
edit on 2/13/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join