It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminist "Music"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I noticed that the guy who posted this, also posted "Feminist: I Aborted My Baby Because He Was Male"; (FOLLOW Paul Joseph Watson @ twitter.com... and www.facebook.com...)

What do we really know about this group of women? Why does the YouTuber claim they're "feminists", because they're female? What is it that they're really doing? Is this some kind of anthropological performance art?

This guy clearly hates women and has an agenda to smear women who speak out for woman's rights. Until I get more information on this group of women and exactly what that preformance was really all about, I'm calling this thread a HOAX and a ludicrous online lie!

edit on 10-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

This guy clearly hates women and has an agenda to smear women who speak out for woman's rights. Until I get more information on this group of women and exactly what that preformance was really all about, I'm calling this thread a HOAX and a ludicrous online lie!

Though I agree this fellow has a bone to pick, hating feminism does not equate to hating women. There are many male feminists and there are many female anti-feminists. I'd be more careful.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Though I agree this fellow has a bone to pick, hating feminism does not equate to hating women.

I agree, except in this guy's case, as he seems to be sensationalizing and misrepresenting what feminism is. Have you seen his Facebook page?

There are many male feminists and there are many female anti-feminists. I'd be more careful.

You'd be more careful than Watson at categorizing and attacking feminism? Or, you'd be more careful than me in characterizing Watson as a misogynist?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Though I agree this fellow has a bone to pick, hating feminism does not equate to hating women.

I've avoided facebook.

You'd be more careful than Watson at categorizing and attacking feminism? Or, you'd be more careful than me in characterizing Watson as a misogynist?

Feminism is an ideology, not a person...er...or a robot. How can one be misogynistic if feminism is not even a human person, let alone a female one?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I've avoided facebook.

Good for you! You have also avoided the litany of attacks against women and woman's rights that this man's Facebook page promotes!

Feminism is an ideology, not a person...er...or a robot. How can one be misogynistic if feminism is not even a human person, let alone a female one?

While Watson pretends to attack feminism, an ideology, in actuality he's a misogynist, attacking women and woman's rights. That's my opinion!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

While Watson pretends to attack feminism, an ideology, in actuality he's a misogynist, attacking women and woman's rights. That's my opinion!

Well your opinion makes little sense. Maybe you can explain how attacking an ideology equates to contempt for and prejudice against women? Do you hate all Christians by attacking Christianity?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Never heard of scream singing before today...

Yoko Ono ... was the first I think ... way back when
edit on 10-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Feminism has nothing to do with this.

How is the video of a group of women, doing some kind of unexplained performance art, a statement on feminism? How is feminism represented in the video at all?

He's entitled the video "Feminist Music" as an attack on the ideology of feminism or is this an attack on these woman simply because they're women?

What makes a woman, who hates men so much she aborted her male fetus, a feminist, as Watson has chosen to labeled her, and not a misandrist?

Not all men are misogynists, but this guy is. Not all women are misandrist, but the women whom he presented to us as a "feminist", is.

edit on 10-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Well your opinion makes little sense. Maybe you can explain how attacking an ideology equates to contempt for and prejudice against women? Do you hate all Christians by attacking Christianity?

I wouldn't ask that.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

If this is "Feminist Music",

I guess this is "Masculism Music"!

LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm a feminist.

That was weird and really irritating in the finger-nails-on-a-chalkboard kind of way. I don't get it.

I also don't get why this is even worth a thread but to each their own I guess.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure Ontroerend Goed's "Sirens" is a feminist display.

Feminism? It's a scream

It has nothing to do with them being women. It is quite clear (since they say it themselves) they are espousing an ideology. Is yours giving you blinders?

edit on 10-2-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the link. I did a search on Feminist Music BBC and came up with lists of musicians considered "feminist" but nothing on the genre of "Feminist Music" nor could I find anything on the video presented in the OP.

It would have been nice if the OP would have included this information in their OP, instead of just making fun a performance and bashing the ideology of Feminism.
From your link

Alexander [Devriendt, Ontroerend Goed’s artistic director] had the idea that he wanted to make a show with women, but in the very beginning it was not much more than that. Then we came together a few months later and he said he wanted to make a show about feminism. We were not super-enthusiastic because we didn’t consider ourselves feminists – or we thought maybe feminism was a bit of a dirty word. But then we started to work on it and we read a lot of articles and books and we talked a lot about our own experiences, and that’s how the show was created.

There was this other idea from the beginning: Alexander said “I want you all to scream.” Then we came up with the metaphor of a concert. So you hear voices talking in a very rhythmical way, and that concert metaphor adds to the topics we want to discuss. We’re all dressed up like opera singers giving you a nice concert, but it’s not that nice. It’s all based on the rhythm – even the pieces of text are very rhythmical.

I see feminism now as being about equal treatment for men and women. When you see it like that then I don’t understand how people can have anything against it. If I say to people in Belgium now that I am a feminist they’re like, “Are you OK?” And I’m like, “Yeah, sure, don’t you think men and women should be equally treated?” And then they say yes, and then I say, “Well, then you’re a feminist.” That’s my new mission: to make people more aware of the fact that that’s feminism, that it’s not such a hard thing to say.

We had a post-show talk and there was a woman who came for the second time and she brought her 15-year-old daughter, and she said “I hope that all 15-year-old girls see this.” There was also one guy who said that he thinks that the word feminism should be a more equal word to show that it’s about equality between men and women, and that feminism is a very female word. For me, that shows that if feminism is still a dirty word to use in this society then this society is still very patriarchal.

Again, thanks for the link. Now I think we can understand what this show is all about, instead of just laughing at the absurdity of "Feminism" the ideology!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I wonder how their husbands feel about this!!!

J/K.
Seriously though, where can I buy that album, it totally rocks!
That's right, I said album!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

My pleasure. Here's some more:

I now love the word feminism. I’ve seen sweaters in the UK that men are wearing as well saying “This is what a feminist looks like” and that’s what I love, because a feminist can be anyone. I think everyone should be a feminist.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Thanks for the link. I did a search on Feminist Music BBC and came up with lists of musicians considered "feminist" but nothing on the genre of "Feminist Music" nor could I find anything on the video presented in the OP.

It would have been nice if the OP would have included this information in their OP, instead of just making fun a performance and bashing the ideology of Feminism.
From your link

Your zealotry is showing. The video link I posted provided all the background info on who these women are and what this 'performance' was in support of according to them.

Maybe you didn't listen to the guys rant, which I wouldn't blame you since he's a bit obnoxious as well. Notice I didn't call it Feminist music, but feminist "music". Clearly it's not music, it's lunacy.

You know who rocks? 4non-blondes, Veruca Salt, The Breeders, Janis Joplin, Kate Nash, Lily Allen. Real feminists, who don't alienate people from the cause with obnoxious insanity. It's important not to just piss people off with your cause, and guess what, the same thing applies to men and always has...(think Kanye West, or Tom Cruise).

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Great! There are musicians that you relate to more than the show piece you posted, for the world to laugh at, under the guise of mocking feminism. I see.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Great! There are musicians that you relate to more than the show piece you posted, for the world to laugh at, under the guise of mocking feminism. I see.

Your problem like so many people is you think people are attacking your given cause because it happens to be your given cause.

I post links to all forms of ridiculousness. From ultra-right nutcases, to Obama insanity, to hyper-religious absurdity. I'm very much an equal-opportunity offender for all lunacy.

Feminism like so many other good causes has been hijacked by nutcases.
edit on 11-2-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I agree with your political position, but do you not see that the kind of person you call a 'misandrist' would automatically self-identify as a feminist? This is precisely the reason why radical feminism gets a bad name; it's been hijacked by women who are not, as you say, feminists so much as they are misandrists.

And, on the principle that the squeaking wheel is the one that gets the grease, these people's actions and attitudes poison feminist discourse and distort public perception of feminism.

I am a man. I am a feminist. We're all in this together. Those screaming women on the BBC are tone-deaf idiots. They make a hideous sound and they're making themselves look stupid. Inasmuch as they profess themselves feminists, they make feminism look stupid and aggressively confrontational, to its detriment. They have scored an own goal against the values they profess, and against the human race.

edit on 11/2/15 by Astyanax because: of women.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So I watched the Video...

I actually was in tears, I laughed so hard!
I almost wonder if it was not done as a joke, with the punchline being the part where they turn the page on their sheet music, as if anyone of them were following musical notes on a page!

edit on 11-2-2015 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2015 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join