It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminist "Music"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Those screaming women on the BBC are tone-deaf idiots. They make a hideous sound and they're making themselves look stupid. Inasmuch as they profess themselves feminists, they make feminism look stupid and aggressively confrontational, to its detriment.

LOL, I don't disagree. It's not my cup of tea either, and I certainly wouldn't pay to see the show. But, to be fair, these performers aren't feminists either, by there own confession. They're totally winging it......ignorantly and annoyingly.

Alexander [Devriendt, Ontroerend Goed’s artistic director] had the idea that he wanted to make a show with women, but in the very beginning it was not much more than that. Then we came together a few months later and he said he wanted to make a show about feminism. We were not super-enthusiastic because we didn’t consider ourselves feminists – or we thought maybe feminism was a bit of a dirty word. But then we started to work on it and we read a lot of articles and books and we talked a lot about our own experiences, and that’s how the show was created.

Amateurs!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Fair enough. But my general point still stands, I think.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join