It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prises to rise IMMEDIATELY

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
A friend of mine just called to let me know that the 3 gas stations in town would be rising by 15cents within the hour. A week ago, gas was $1.94/gal and a few days ago went up to $2.05/gal. There is some goings on about trying to get the gas prices back up in spite of the continued drop in oil prices. I am out the door to get what gas I can with the little dollars I have.

If you can and know the prices are going up in your area and are strapped for funds, get the gas now before it soars again. Every little bit helps! I will search to find out why the sudden increase and who is behind it.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Gas in Lincoln Nebraska went up 21 cents in less than four days. We are at $2.10 a gallon. At this rate we will be right back at $3.80 in no time.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ours jumped from 1.89 to 2.24 within a week.
I've heard so many different excuses (reasons) why.

My favorite is that the cost of a barrel of oil went so low, they couldn't afford to pay the workers in the field, so they had to raise it.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

...again.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

My favorite is that the cost of a barrel of oil went so low, they couldn't afford to pay the workers in the field, so they had to raise it.

That's what I've heard too.. lot of people getting layed off. Geez.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Never let a crisis (in the middle east) go to waste.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Gas was 84 cents here Wednesday, it's now 98.

So yeah, the 10$ gain in oil prices certainly has returned things to normal.

~Tenth

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have a few tips for getting the most bang for your buck when you Are pumping gas, regardless of the prices.

1. Pump your gas at night or first thing in the morning when temperatures are coldest - the cold makes the molecules contract and you are thus getting more gas than you would if you pumped when it was warmer out
  2. Make sure when you pump that it is properly inserted and that the rubber is limiting the fumes that are coming out - when fumes escape you are losing some gas
  3. Same thing with how quickly the gas is being pumped into your gas tank - pumping at the quickest speed you will have more fumes coming off and thus are losing some of the gas; pumping gas slowly doesn't let fumes escape as much so more of it ends up in your car instead of the air

One more helpful tip my Marine Corps grandfather taught me growing up (this is a good one!):

ANYTIME you are at a gas station and you see the gas trucks filling up the gas station's tanks, DON'T pump gas because when the trucks are filling up the gas station's tanks, it is likely spitting up all the gunk and junk and whatever crap may have been sitting in their holding tanks - which can then be transmitted into your car where it can wreak havoc.

Anyway, wanted to add those couple of points in case it could be helpful

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: warpig69

Made it too late, $2.15/gal. Rumor has it that refineries in AK, ND and TX are shutting down for "maintenance" (in an effort to get prices back up we suspect), hmmm. Anything to gouge the little man I guess.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

That's what I've heard too.. lot of people getting layed off. Geez.

I believe I saw an oil company rep on the news a couple of days ago stating they were going to lay off thousands. So really this is just another case of gauging the middle man to maintain status quo.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Good tips mate

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
well the price had only dropped artificialy anyhow. it was done as a political tactic to hurt russia. i guess their tired of footing the bill for that strategy.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have a feeling it will jump to where it was, then way past the $4 mark and up . All to make the gas competitors feel the pinch.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The oil companies are doing their refinery repairs and maintenance that always seem to happen when gas prices get too low.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

I can't believe that, unless you are talking the oil companies that are producing domestically at a higher cost. If the price of crude drops, then it should drop all the way down the line without losses in profit. The mark-ups on refined gasoline should cover the overhead of gas production. No one should be out of a job or need to raise prices to stay in business unless it costs more for the crude oil.

That is unless they are all working together to gouge the customers by fixing the prices.

Wait! Isn't that an illegal act called collusion?

ETA: People dropped their gas consumption way down as well. The Governor of Michigan wants to add more tax to gasoline while it's still low. That helps with their current revenue and will allow them to rake in the taxes when the price shoots up again.
edit on 6-2-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comment

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

...again.

Yeah, it isn't as though we didn't know it was coming.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Another tip that I heard before, and now do, is when you pump your own gas, lift up the hose higher than the nozzle. Oft times, some residual gas lays in the hose after you're done pumping. Maybe only a few cents worth, but every little bit helps. When attendants pump your gas they don't do this.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I guess they have to make sure the government gets their cut of the take, you know that hidden tax in the price of gas.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
They went up 20 cents in one day this week in Atlanta. Probably more by now.

Snowstorms? OPEC? Who cares. They're always playing with gas prices. Nothing real about this at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Simple supply and demand economic theory doesn't work with the oil industry. It's too complex, and repercussions from current actions ripple through years out. What happens is quite obvious to people who bothered to take notice. Drop in price leads to lack of investment needed to keep supply at demand levels in the upcoming years. Eventually this leads to major price spike.

No matter which shift occurs, ignorant people claim conspiracy for one reason or another. Makes no sense. Then they try to talk about "record breaking profits", when they don't factor in inflation, or the percentage of revenue to profits. The oil industry has one of the lowest profit margins of all sectors out there. Few bother to mention the insane increases in R & D as we plow through the remaining reserves needed to keep supply close to demand.

Yea, but it's all a conspiracy... just cause, or Obama is the devil and wants to destroy the country and rising gas prices are a sign... except when they're falling, or something... lol this site is such a trip.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join