It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prises to rise IMMEDIATELY

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Fairly normal... refineries are taken down for maintenance every year at this time. They use the downtime to change from the "winter blend" to the "summer blend" which uses more butane in the mix thereby increasing the prices at the pump.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yea florida jumped 1.91 to 2.12

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: StoutBroux

Gas was 84 cents here Wednesday, it's now 98.

So yeah, the 10$ gain in oil prices certainly has returned things to normal.

~Tenth

Yes, but is it political?, any bets that our governments are sequestrating oil with our shinola? Funny thing, we had two tankers idling off our East coast for a week, that's a fairly rare occurrence..one sometimes, but seldom. Two??
What I can tell you that there will be a hike next week here for heating oil.
edit on 6-2-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Exactly.

One station in Las Vegas dropped to $199.99 for a few days.
It is now back to $2.29.

I should have taken a photo. I doubt we'll see that again, ever!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
Fairly normal... refineries are taken down for maintenance every year at this time. They use the downtime to change from the "winter blend" to the "summer blend" which uses more butane in the mix thereby increasing the prices at the pump.

Yes, but that's refineries, Tenth has already mentioned a hike in oil. So going by what you say, which is correct, that's a double whammy.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The oil sellers are trying to boost the futures prices in an effort to make some serious money from the massive storages they've stocked up at recent 6 year low prices. They're paying about $10-12 a barrel more for 2 month out futures than they actually paid for current supplies. This *could* backfire in a big way for the industry and the speculators. The reason for the rally currently looks to be purely speculative, if that's true and there is no systemic reason for it, those future will sell for a loss when they come due and the folks buying them today will lose some serious capital.

(and we'll see the pump prices drop again until the next wave of recession hits and the downturn in demand balances out with the abundance in supply.)

ETA: For those with short memories, this is the lowest price for oil in 6 years. The TED spread is increasing again, and many of the systemic issues seen leading into the Great Recession are even bigger than they were in 2007... It's become ATS' version of Chicken Littling, but it will absolutely be a miracle if there isn't a major global recession in the next year. All of the signs are present and none of the core problems that caused the depth of the last one have been adequately insulated against. The main difference between then and now is that world governments and central banks have fewer bullets available to deal with this one and that would indicate it will be one hell of a "market correction."
edit on 6-2-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

98.0 is no where near normal. It got as low as 75.6 or so in London, Ontario last week and quickly rose over 96 cents per liter when the barrel only rose by about 5 dollars or so. At this rate I fear our worst nightmare of 1.30 or better before this reduction started is only a few trades away from being 1.50 or more. We thought previous prices were bad before and I fear we have seen nothing yet.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The profit driven corporotacracy *will* be the end of society as we know it. & hopefully soon.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have been watching this for a few weeks and expected it. Gas prices dropped. The the US oil industry laid off THOUSANDS of workers because it was not profitable enough.
Then they sit back to see it the Saudi's will increase production or not.
As the price of a barrel of oil rises, it becomes profitable again.

What a endless loop of slavery we live in.

BTW, this site gives you the best deals to find in the US and other useful info ...........

www.gasbuddy.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

The entire gas pricing structure is a lie......Supply and demand is a lie.......It is all lies. Look at soft drinks and ask yourself why don't we see price wars anymore.......Fixed prices. They finally figured out that by fixing the price they all win and consumers are the loser.

Health care.....Fast food......Cola companies......You name it the price is fixed. When the people at the bottom finally figure this out in mass it will shake the very foundations of what we thought was real.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

That will never happen, imo. We must sit around for mass depopulation & then hope money doesn't rise again as the victor.

Good luck to us with that, lol

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Gas was 84 cents here Wednesday, it's now 98.

originally posted by: UnBreakable
When attendants pump your gas they don't do this.

98 cent gas? Gas station attendants pumping gas? Did I just get out of a time machine?

originally posted by: wasaka
One station in Las Vegas dropped to $199.99 for a few days.

Glad I don't buy gas in Vegas.

Gas never got below $2.15 here. Now it's gone back up to $2.35
edit on 6-2-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

What is the reason behind the gas price going up?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
a reply to: Aldakoopa

What is the reason behind the gas price going up?

You're asking me? I don't know... aliens?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Simple supply and demand economic theory doesn't work with the oil industry. It's too complex, and repercussions from current actions ripple through years out.

The above is enough for me. Simple fact is in this part of the world prices went up and up and and up after BP's 'fiasco', never mind the natural consequences that might still be ongoing, might even be advantages to BP in the short, median or long run??
What about the proponents of AGW, GW, (not G,W. Bush) and CC? we should be close to getting our arses burnt off..yet we are not, we are foundering, (Irish for being stony cold) much of the time because the Jet Stream has suddenly gone bonkers, because WHY?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Your a little late . It went up $.40 in Michigan Wednesday the 4th but has dropped a nickel in 2 days since.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Too late...... I'm in Michigan, and last week gas jumped from $2.09 to $2.39 overnight. I've also noticed, that as soon as the prices initially went down, the spread between fuel types skyrocketed.

Before fuel prices went down to under $2 per gallon, the difference between regular midgrade, and super was 9-15¢ on average. Now, everywhere I've gone, the spread has been raised to 25¢.

Don't get me wrong, I drive an all wheel drive v8, so as long as I'm not paying 4 bucks a gallon, I'm happier than a pig in a landfill. I just wish companies/people would stop figuring out ways to milk every red penny they can out of everyone else...

Lol ^^^^^ this guy knows what's up
edit on 6-2-2015 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

every example you listed is absurd, and will only waste time and effort, with a possible payoff of a few pennies.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
In my part of Michigan, it was about $1.75 a week or ten days ago....today it is $2.24.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Then they try to talk about "record breaking profits", when they don't factor in inflation, or the percentage of revenue to profits. The oil industry has one of the lowest profit margins of all sectors out there.

I know you're trying to appeal to rationality but the fact is oil companies do make record profits and they rank at the top of the Fortune Global 500 for a reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join