It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapons You Can Legally Own In The UK!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: anticitizen

But an armed society means armed police.
It's not always the bad guys you have to worry about. It's a paranoid police department with a shoot first policy, and toddlers reaching into handbags.

Yet an unarmed society is ALWAYS ruled by an armed police. That's one of the factors in them wanting people disarmed so they can throw their weight around more.

Better to have an even split than it be unbalanced.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I tell you what Paddy, I'm gonna make a thread for that as it'll derail this one. Wait out.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WatchRider
If I talk like an american it's probably because I've got a pair of nuts and you haven't looking at your lame, negative and defeatist posts.

yeah RAR RARA MERICA !

Brits are like serfs on leash, they have to have their permission slip to do anything, defend what scraps they are thrown from the masters table.

And like a typically Merikan you seem to know # all about the UK.

If you use firearms in self-defence why is it the police revok shotgun certificates / firearm certificates in the UK?
You can't even own pepper-spray in the UK as they classify it as a section 5 prohibited firearm.

Yeah and I disagree with them and think some reform is needed.
But that is our business not the business from some nosy interfering foreigner.

You own two firearms eh? Well I'm calling you out on that. I'm calling on you to show them with your username otherwise it's just talk. You come on my thread you get challenged and called out. So either put up or shut up.

My firearms are my own GD business, not that of a GD American.

you start a post on a country you seen not know nothing about then I will call YOU out.

So in short you are deluded. I've researched my case, forwarded the details and you can only attack.

Deluded eh? About what?

I have not question your research on the UK firearms process.

What im attacking is you stupid American attitude of looking down you stupid arrogant American nose at other culture.

UK is not the USA. We do not want to be the USA. We do things our own WAY.

Why cant you get that through you American brain?

The world does not all want to be like YOU>

Finally on your talk about police executing people? That's a strawman argument AGAIN.

Everyday I see new posts of US cops shooting people for really mundane things.

It's times like this the ATS should impose an ignore command.

Sure I agree then I would not have to put up with Americans (or immigrants to America) belittle and trying to force there unwanted American ways in other cultures.
edit on 7-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf
a reply to: WatchRider

Im not asking this to be awkward, but as a genuine question.

Apart from weapons ownership exactly what can you do in the US that I can't do in the UK?

I only ask because I often hear on ATS about how I'm under a Nazi jackboot and so on. Yet I am able to go about my day quite happily. I have family in Fort Worth who I visit regularly and have spent some time working in various parts of the US. I honestly don't see the difference in day to day life.

Genuine question.

Yeah exactly.

In fact there are a few things I can do here I cant seem to do in many states of the USA.

Like buy and set off REAL fireworks.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I see why you are called Crazy Ewok.

I am of European descent and have lived in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales for decades! So don't you try and lay claim to who I am or not. Just because I've moved around and not chained myself to one location like you have doesn't make what I say any less than you!

You refuse to even show you have firearms. I have done this and then some. I've research and produced content for the gun community online.
I've done so over the past 8 years via videos online that number nearly 500!

You just seem to want to troll.

Here is my shotgun, bought with a Shot Gun Certificate:

Here is me firing it:

You I call out as a liar and a fraud to true gun owners UNTIL you prove otherwise!

You deserve this comment as you seem to be constantly calling me a liar. I play it back upon you!

Now it's your turn.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: PaddyInf

Im not asking this to be awkward, but as a genuine question.

Apart from weapons ownership exactly what can you do in the US that I can't do in the UK?

I only ask because I often hear on ATS about how I'm under a Nazi jackboot and so on. Yet I am able to go about my day quite happily. I have family in Fort Worth who I visit regularly and have spent some time working in various parts of the US. I honestly don't see the difference in day to day life.

Genuine question.

Yeah exactly.

In fact there are a few things I can do here I cant seem to do in many states of the USA.

Like buy and set off REAL fireworks.

Wow, fireworks are now the new benchmark of firearms are they? Try buying them outside of november and watch you go on the watch list.

Can you buy black powder without a license in the UK???

Silence is deafing on that one my furry little noisemaker.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

And like a typically Merikan you seem to know # all about the UK.

See now you are showing the thuggish ignorance on ATS. You introduce swearing, which is against ATS T&C as well. So time for that to be reported.

I've worked, lived, served in the UK military.

What have you done apart from whine about Americans?
edit on 7-2-2015 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
REMINDER - THE TOPIC IS -
Weapons You Can Legally Own In The UK!!!

Stay on topic. Play nice.
edit on 2/7/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: anticitizen

But an armed society means armed police.
It's not always the bad guys you have to worry about. It's a paranoid police department with a shoot first policy, and toddlers reaching into handbags.

Yet an unarmed society is ALWAYS ruled by an armed police. That's one of the factors in them wanting people disarmed so they can throw their weight around more.

Better to have an even split than it be unbalanced.

amen!
i don't want the government and its police force to be the only ones with guns. they have a bad habit of not acting for their people but rather for other countries, EU, banks or corporations. so i don't trust them.
also i want to be able to defend myself and my family with more than a wooden spoon.

and thanks for your video, always nice to see a sane and intelligent person with guns! from my pov this is the best guarantee for freedom.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Wow, fireworks are now the new benchmark of firearms are they? Try buying them outside of november and watch you go on the watch list.

I buy them yes. All the time Im on no watch list. Not that i am aware of.

Can you buy black powder without a license in the UK???

Silence is deafing on that one my furry little noisemaker.

You can make it it small quantities I believe.

For someone who has lived a "supposedly" served in the UK military you sure have a lot of disdain for us and what to turn this into a US verse UK pissing match?

Why cant you get it into your brain both countrys are diffrent and both should be as each see fit?

Im not belittling US gun rights. As far as im concerned you can have your 2nd it YOUR country. So why do you have just a thing for what we do here?

As for what I have done with my life? No I have not signed up to fight and kill.
Instead I got a degree in Microbiology and immunology and worked on developing a diagnostic kit that can detect non Hodgkin lymphoma more easily a and quickly. Id call that some what of a contribution to society.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Sorry but I refuse to post my firearms online.

In fact I don't post anything I have of value on a public forum.

Name
Education and work background detail
Financial details
Things I hold of high value
Residence

I refuse to share online in any form. Especially to someone who demands I do.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Anyway my overall point is being missed.

Why cant Americans just accept other country's do things different?

why cant you just leave us be and respect our ways and we over here respect your ways in return?

Why does it have to be a US verse UK pissing match?

We have different gun laws. Who cares?

Im not trying and have no interest in trying to change US gun laws as they are your own business.

LuckIy I know most Americans do understand that and those are the ones I respect on ATS.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It's a fascinating topic that interests and I've had experience of from a number of angles over the last 30 of my 42 years. I live up in Scotland, am Scottish so that's where I'm talking about. explicitly but also with connections and family the length of the UK, a sibling in the Mid West of the US and spent most my life straddling a line either side of the law (am a responsible citizen who hasn't had more than a speeding fine and fixed penalty for not wearing a seat belt in the last 7 years...... oh and no MOT and tax once but you know how it is at times lol).

Yes the gun laws in the UK are restrictive but for a responsible, law ambiding citizen it is possible to own and keep a range of guns, so that's me out due to being daft, stupid in my younger days.I have spent criminal charges for possessing some personal amounts of green herbs and a Friday nightsworth of quality party chemicals. Nothing that 1000s of folk like me got against their name but enough to ensure I would never be allowed a firearms licence although a Police Scotland Armed Response Officer, an Inspector no less told me not that long ago that if I applied I'd be checked out careully but, it's possible, that the officer who checked out my background has the ability to approve my application. Of course, not being a freemason, weefree, church goer, business owner or of similar level of society, or friends in that social circle there's no point me even trying.

The first ban I remember being inacted was on assault weapons in response to the Hungerford massacre back in nineteen oatcake... mid 80s (1987 i'd hazard a guess at off the top of my head but feel free to correct me on that one as it's the reaction that was significant not the exact date).

Ok this brings me onto that horny old chestnut that rumbles ever, ever on but was particularly pointed after Sandy Hook with Brits telling Yanks to change their crazy gun laws and the response being you Brits are weak willed slaves and what will you do when the man is busting down your door without out a gun.... well having 'men' breaking down doors for various different reasons I'll tell you exactly what we in Scotland do.....or did until very recently but thats another story. Back to the whorey old UK/US slagging match. Oh and as I did back then I appologise for Piers Morgan all over again,he's just an arrogant wanker who thinks talking down to people makes him clever but did you have to send him back, I said at the time orange jump suit and economy class to Gitmo cos we were glad to you took the c**t off us. lol.
Seriously though, it's often said but like many old clichés it's still true even now. The UK and US may share history. and speak a language that seems similar at first we are not the same.I think the US see us as a sort of mini version of yourselves that either sips tea or has bad teeth but actually we're very different, after all that carry on in the late 18th century we've both gone our own way, us in our little island thats we've been kicking around for millenia plus looking out globally and you making the west, swampy south, pacific north, great lakes etc, etc safe for god n the almighty dollar (sorry if i sound sarky but it's meant in good humour n targeted at both sides).
Anyway, the US is a wide open country of vast spaces long straight roads and impossible I'd imagine to effectively police and ensure everyones safety so in true pioneering style people will look to their own defence and rightly so, if you called 911 in your backwoods for police assistance then by the time they got there the bad # happened, done and dusted, if you can't protect yourself then I suppose you'regonna do a lot handing over your worldly goods and bending over until the one time they come back, take your last few belongings and kill you cos the sheep's arse is more inviting.
You're gonna want a gun, you're gonna be prepared to use it and before long it's a part of life, part of your identity and bound up with protecting you n and yours from allcomers. including the old bill or the government plus the wilderness has big cats, bears and even bigfoots that'll take you out if they are hungry enough and most predators will run circles round a brainy ape out in the forests,again humting and protection, your gonna want to be armed.In the cities and built up areas the cops, the crims and your granny could. possibly whip it out n blows your balls off. It's too entrenched in society now the genies not just out of the bottle but has a council house,3 kids and on disability n spends her days on vodka necking vals n selling her arse for weed.haha.You can't change 250 years of something like the right to bare arms without.... I'm not sure you can at all or should even try.

Now whatabout us, those serfs, slaves, licence holding dickless pr**ks in the UK(nobody gets a permit accept to park in built up area lol). Firstly that's the English n Welsh you're talking about lol. Serfs, no the fuedal system started to die out after the Black Death in the 14th century in most the UK but from 1746 onwards through the 19th century in the Highlands, IMO. No we ended enslaving our own people in the Roman era and Dark Ages thought Indentured service was like slavery with no name.We need a licence to wipe our arse??? mmm no but at work to drive my truck I have to carry a paper counterpart driving licence, photo I.D liccence, photo I.D tachocard and now another photo I.D certificate of professional competance plus insurance operators licence blah, blah, blah BUT that is mostly a legacy of the f**king EU which I believe is just a waste of time and a dead weight around our neck but it's a loud debate at the present, likewise immigration.We are over populated, living in each others pockets with more n more of us crammed into a shoe box of a country. I live out in the country but even in the wildest spots its inhabited. We're a crowded island with far too many people trying to makr their way on the same patch of dirt.You put 2 dogs in a cage and they'll end up tearing each other apart and in a huge amount of towns and cities across the UK that kind of restrained violence simmers under the surface and believe me all it takes is a glance to set it off.

If guns were easy amd legal to obtain there are parts of the UK and I don't just mean the rough, rundown sink estates but even 'respectable' nice areas that are almost in earshot of the middle class suburbs, that would be bloodbaths at weekend and our murder rate would go through the roof. Back in the 17th and 18th century guns, well flintlocks were legal and anyone could have them but the crime and murder rate went off the chart, with the smugglers, highwaymen and robbers n theives. After the Civil War, our civil war the country was flooded with them. 'Gentleman' and officers carried swords, the scum had a sickle or scythe to cut the corn but in the mid to late 17th guns were everywhere and in the hands of working men n scum like me. They were able to shoot a gentleman before he whipped his sword out n that wasn't fair how could the young sir enjoy his. sword play if the filth could fight back let alone injure his superior by god and blood. That can't be an local militia not only tried to collect up peoples guns but protect them from the criminals but the flaw was most militia units were where the most useless officers were posted to sit n drink port and chase the local peasant girls.
This idea of the dirty peasant

edit on 7/2/15 by fastbob72 because: REWRITTEN SLIGHTLY

(post by WatchRider removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: fastbob72

If guns were easy amd legal to obtain there are parts of the UK and I don't just mean the rough, rundown sink estates but even 'respectable' nice areas that are almost in earshot of the middle class suburbs, that would be bloodbaths at weekend and our murder rate would go through the roof. Back in the 17th and 18th century guns, well flintlocks were legal and anyone could have them but the crime and murder rate went off the chart, with the smugglers, highwaymen and robbers n theives. After the Civil War, our civil war the country was flooded with them. 'Gentleman' and officers carried swords, the scum had a sickle or scythe to cut the corn but in the mid to late 17th guns were everywhere and in the hands of working men n scum like me. They were able to shoot a gentleman before he whipped his sword out n that wasn't fair how could the young sir enjoy his. sword play if the filth could fight back let alone injure his superior by god and blood. That can't be an local militia not only tried to collect up peoples guns but protect them from the criminals but the flaw was most militia units were where the most useless officers were posted to sit n drink port and chase the local peasant girls.
This idea of the dirty peasant

Good post man of Scots!

Actually we had very decent gun rights by default until about 1920. As I explain in this video. Up until 1920 you could conceal carry a firearm with a license at the post office. After 1920 the laws came in. Being hung for murder also deterred casual killing. Yet I think having wilderness and a wild element is necessary in society.

If society is too lame, too soft and regulated it actually degrades and starts to become spiritually weaker, more permissive and apathetic. It's a necessary to have that evil risk of bad people etc to test good folks.

To use another analogy the eradication of bears and wolves from the British Isles took an important predator from the land. People no longer had a natural feature or wild-animal balance in nature.

This is something the USA has and will never lose. They reintroduced the wolves now thus furthering the sacred duality between man and beast.

The best the UK has is run away and call a policeman etc. That's for sure going to lead to a great mindset! LOL
In the USA, love it or hate it, you can nay must stand or try to stand and fight against an adversary.

If a bad guy comes in that door and tries to rob the place, you pick your moment, draw and take him down!

In the UK, just let them take everything, don't be a 'have-a-go-hero', just be a little meek serf and let the lazy lord and his police try and do something later.

On the milita comment you're only partly correct. The Napoleonic Milita and some previous will have been of 'standard' quality. After 1856 though a professional, volunteer militia was formed called the Volunteer Force. Even the USA didn't have anything like it outside of Posses. I talk about this and then some in my VLOG.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The notion of simple peasants ruled by guffawing militia is another myth that all the same had some basis in truth. In the 18th and early 19th century there was a lot of clashes, threats of revolution and general violence between the fully armed militia that in some cases had returned from wars in Europe, India, Canada,America and almost always directly or indirectly against the French so were battle hardened,some were led by a Lords son who thought little of slashing the scum back into their place. Thesr peasants were unarmed, unable to read or write mostly and they didn't have the local cops who,usually,only pack night sticks, pepper spray or tazar guns. These militia were armed and equipped as soldiers muskets, bayonets, sabres or cavalry swords on horseback but the peasants stood up however they could against them and the industrialists who were enslaving them in factoties.
You have to remember the US had it's war against one of the premier military powers of the day, the other being France who.we were fighting all across the globe so it's not strictly true when americans claim they took on the best and foremost military power of the day...more like their expeditionary forces because the main military machine was struggling with the French. If the Republican Army was fighting a full on war against the British Army it may have taken you another half century to win independence but that doesnt diminish the victory or it's significance. The point is you won the ability to remake your country and it's relationship with it people after a reasonably short but hard war.
It's not how people may choose it but compared to the madness and spiral of violence of the French Revolution or the centuries of struggle against Kings, monarchs,landed gentry, aristocracy, parliament or Industrialists that the common man has had to struggle and battle with, sometimes legally and other times in bloody rebellion or civil war it is far smoother, painless and in comparison so much easier as the lowly English, Welsh or Scotsman often won one tiny battle to get knocked straight back down again. We Highlanders and the Bog Irish were lucky not to be strung up and any Jacobites after 1746 was lucky and blessed if he got a bayonet in the belly cos the state punishment was dispicable..... many in the South West of England got the same treatment around 80 years before so it goes way beyond Jacobites and Hanovarians.

The whole point is people in the UK have a long history of fighting out corner when the government comes knocking whether we're packing a firearm or not. My experience of the present working class Briton is someone who says come ahead to the battering at the door or the gang of pissheads with bottles and knives that turn on you down a dark street.

I keep on hearing this threat of what will happen when they come calling n you ain't armed. First of all they've never been armed except with battons and the heavy metal ram to burst your door in. If you're sleeping at the time you're f**ked even if you have a brace of RPGs in the cupboard or a butter knife. More often than not the house is surrounded and they're charging down the path heading for the door with the battering ram. If it's your place you'll have some potential escape route you know anyway like over the sheds into the next gardens or whatever.

What I want to ask is what happens in the US with all these guns around, do you all a car or a dustbin to duck behind n. have a shoot out or because of all these guns american coppers just don't break down peoples doors but knocks n waits for an answer, if no one amswers they leave a calling card like DHL????
I don't see how it makes any difference at all. If the coppers are after you they'll keep a look out for you n chase you if they see you out, usual response is to take off like a rocket up between the houses or alleyways were the car won't go. Least in the UK we know we won't be shot in the back unless someone had phoned 999 and cried seriously dangerous with a deadly weapon such as machette, axe, sword or gun but these situations always seem to develop with someone inside a flat or house with a hostage or a car. In those situations the Armed Redponse is called so unless you want an early grave then don't get too wide with them. although I've seen some crazy f**ked up situations when proper psycho heed the balls, for example, standing on a wall in someomes front garden butt naked, this was like 11pm and had a butchers knife at his throat threatening to slit it open, thatd with wrists cut open already, this was a 22 year old from across the street after smoking weed, chucking vals difs, vodka and ecstacy down his throat allday with his mates.
If I was the copper I'd have stood back,lit a cigarette and told the boy go on then but don't take all night it's cold out here, then got sat back in the car till. he'd done it or got bored but these two coppers talked him down even when he slashed at them until the got close enough to restrain him. Coppers don't need guns at the moment despite after the rapid and underplayed creation of Police Scotland, a single unified law enforcement agency directly answerable to a single head i. e the Chief Constable who answers. directly to an MSP in the cabinet of the Scottish Parliament.

I bring it up because it very seriously could be a first major step down a police state that the yanks have been banging on about. At some point early on 2014 the Scottish Minister for Justice and Law Enforcement, the defacto head of the Scottish police force because as I said there is now only one single police force, Police Scotland instead of a number of seperate regional constabularies each with it's own head officer, each head was answerable to parliament, each independent of the other meaning if the ruling party of the day, well SNP now and for many years to come, wanted to interfere with the police's independence by coercion or blackmailing a Chief Constable they'd have to blackmail each one seperately, all or none and all is next. to. impossible. It's one of those practical checks and balances that ensures their full. independence from the party politics or whims of elected MPs. Sounds maybe vague and clunky a way to spread the power everywhere and nowhere so the business of enforcing the law is beyond the party politics of the elected parliament. This system has worked well in the UK and not even Cameron has the nerve to try to push it on the English but the SNP brought it in purely as a cost saving basis with no mention of the seismic shift this meant for law enforcement in Scotland just the cost benifit and as an efficiency measure to save money on procureme t, losing a not insignificant top officers posts when the seperate forces became one. The other thing was the speed they put this through Westminster to make sure this was set in stone before the Referendum no matter the outcome.
The first sign that things had changed was when in late 13/14 we found out that Armed Response police in Scotland who, like in England,were only called in or allowed to carry their weapons (locked. safetly in an. armoured van or car) to call outs involving firearms or deadly weapons but without a single peep to the media or local authorities, the general public at all it was discovered that armed response police when not attending call outs with firearms or hostages they can do day fo day police work,like patrolling the high street. in the city

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Pretty sure most people in the UK know they can own guns.

Pretty sure most people in the UK do NOT WANT guns.

From what I gather about the UK public, that view is due to the brainwashing job that the public there gets by their "royal" rulers who convince the freedomless peasents of the UK that an OBJECT such as a firearm can just jump up on its own ability at anytime and start firing at anyone in the area.

I bet the "royals" and other elite trash in the UK are packing some serious heat in their castles and mansions. But they are special you know, so they have special OBJECTS which wont jump up at anytime and start firing at them. Special firearms for such special people. Vomit.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyTreason

I think it's just more of a mindset thing. Why is it difficult to understand that an individual can be free without a firearm? The US citizen has a different outlook on what they need to be "free".

I think it's a shame that people aren't able to feel safe without a weapon. I live in a country with less firearms and a much lower murder rates than yours, yet many Americans will argue that more guns equal a safer society.

I'm a gun person. I own firearms and want to be able to carry a pistol for my protection, and did so for years. It's just that the line of thinking doesn't add up. Wider access to guns without some form of regulation leads to increased firearm related deaths.

Oh and the Royal Family haven't 'ruled' us in a VERY long time. They are a sovereign figurehead with no actual powers. They are merely there to act as a balance to the government. They don't set laws or have any input into the daily life of the people. We have a democratically elected government, just like the US. All the stuff you see publicly is pure window dressing and tradition. None of it has any actual bearing on how the country runs.
edit on 7-2-2015 by PaddyInf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join