It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Sen: Let restaurants ‘opt out’ of handwashing after toilet to ‘reduce regulatory bu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

SEn. Thom Tillis (R-NC) argued this week that restaurants should be able to “opt out” of health department regulations that require employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom.

Now there's some ammunition for the Dembs to use. It's as if the GOP wants to lose with that kind of rhetoric.

“We’re one of the most regulated nations in the history of the planet, and I think if we go about it in a common sense way that that solves a lot of problems. It makes these other big problems that we’re talking about imminently more easy to solve.”

Being a business man myself; I'm no fan of
regulation but for God sake food servers/workers need to be forced to wash their hands after going potty.
and he goes on to say....

if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as the post a sign that says ‘We don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restrooms.

This belongs in the "you just can't make this **** up dept....." "Post a sign"......OMFG

Perhaps Sen Tillis would enjoy a little **** with his meal. Not me!!!!

edit on 3-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

“I think it’s one I can illustrate the point,” Tillis told the women. “I said, I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as the post a sign that says ‘We don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restrooms.’ The market will take care of that.”

Health and safety regulations are frequently only there because we've had serious problems in the past. I really don't see how requiring food handlers to use proper hygiene places any kind of undue burden on the business owner.

Hepatitis A exposure (poo hands) from the fast food drive through used to be (sadly) more common.

edit on 3-2-2015 by Elton because: added stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Wait, what?
This is a joke right?
Please tell me this is a joke...

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Did you know E. coli infections is one of the most patriotic diseases you can get?

It's right up there with "The Beetus".

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I almost thought it would be a joke at the expense of Anti-Vaxers.

Then I noticed the irony. He wants to ease regulations by not enforcing hand washing. But then he wants to regulate that by enforcing them to post signs that say they don't make employees wash hands after using the restroom. Ok...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Surely this is not true? How nasty can people get?

Had to laugh though, this rates with the Reagan Administration announcing that "Ketchup is a vegetable", in school cafeteria's. That didn't fly very well, even as popular as he was.

Now this, but this is much worse.

A few years back we had an incident in a Mexican restaurant here. Six or seven people became ill in one night, and they traced it back to a kitchen worker who had not washed his hands upon leaving the restroom. They closed the place down for a week or so.

When it reopened we made a joke "Yeah, it's okay to eat there now, just don't order the #2".
........ it was funny at the time. : )

Ah, his actual statement after a woman at Starbucks asked the question about mandatory handwashing:

I think it’s one I can us to illustrate the point,” Tillis told the women. “I said, I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as the post a sign that says ‘We don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restrooms.’ The market will take care of that.”

“That’s probably one where every business that did that would go out of business,” he added. “But I think it’s good to illustrate the point that that’s the sort of mentality that we need to have to reduce the regulatory burden on this country

Poor example for 'illustration' purposes. If I might say "fail".
edit on 2/3/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
"go about it in a common sense way"

Having owned many restaurants I can honestly say that if this is what they believe as the common sense way of reducing the overloaded regulatory BS for restaurants, they have never been in the food business.

Tell us what we can eat, what we can't, how much of it. Tell us the temperature of the Dish water, what materials we can use for our utensils, prep tables, bowls etc...but DON'T enforce a washing of the most important kitchen tool...HANDS.

IDIOTS.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
Wait, what?
This is a joke right?

It's not a joke but it's a clear case of Sen. Tillis letting his ideology get in the way of his common sense.

No way in hell he can ever live this dumbass remark down. I wonder what his new nickname will be? lol

edit on 3-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well, I'm not a big fan of the GOP, and enjoy when they take their rightful lumps, but saying the GOP is in favor of employees not washing their hands is, sadly, a false title. It was one guy, talking off the top of his head and maybe from some rightest-of-the-right mindset about regulations. The GOP National offices or officials, or any of the leadership in the U.S. House or Senate, will only not be in favor of this but, if it's reported accurately, will be doing double-facepalms and thinking about the kitchen help at their country clubs (couldn't help it, getting that last in, country clubs cliché but maybe truth in 18-holes and a sauna).

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ok there are alot of food safty rules that are compleat junk iv worked in the food buisness for over 12 years

but this are u joking that is the one thing i think is truly dangerus i can coult the things iv seen that i find gross but particularly dangerus to your health no

rules as rediculus as having old broken storage contaners outback and not in the trash is a violation

being forced to where gloves ... seems sanitary but workers wash there hands less due to this insted of after every task its not once a hr lots of since

the food industry is full of nonsence rules

but this one is a given not and should just be commion since who walked out of the bathroom without washing there hands well ... iv seen it discusting people forget why we have this practis to begin with

what a buntch of b/s i hope this never ever goes into effect

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
Wait, what?
This is a joke right?

Read the article, SEN. Tillis actually has a good point. The public would/should be responsible for regulating the vendors (if the customer does not like a vendors practices then they choose not to be that vendors customer).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I think it’s one I can illustrate the point,” Tillis told the women. “I said, I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as the post a sign that says ‘We don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restrooms.’ The market will take care of that.”

“That’s probably one where every business that did that would go out of business,” he added. “But I think it’s good to illustrate the point that that’s the sort of mentality that we need to have to reduce the regulatory burden on this country.”

link   
a reply to: markovian

oh and as one last note and im no germaphobe but when u use the bathroom im public use that pappertowl to not only dry ur hands but turn off the fossit commion medical practis there and oppen the door on ur way out

i once worked shows when i was young keeping bathrooms clean and was apaled ... expeshaly rodeos

tho they where the easyest to clean no one used anything but the tp

link   

Why do voters continue to vote ...holes like him into office!!! If you're that clueless on why workers in restaurants need to wash their hands after using the bathroom, you have no business representing millions of Americans! It's embarrassing Americans keep voting people like this into office. We still have people wanting to vote Sarah Palin into office! God help us all.

link   
It sounds like he is saying you can't regulate common sense and if you don't want to be hygienic then post a sign so people can go elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I wonder if there is any member here that will admit they voted for him.

I certainly hope someone does because I have some questions about their motivation.
edit on 3-2-2015 by Grimpachi because: durp

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Another over the top headlline
by the supposedly PC crowd.

If we used the OP's logic for evidently condemning the GOP for that Republican's views I have a ton of insane statements from Biden, Pelosi and Reid.

edit on 3-2-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Well, I'm not a big fan of the GOP, and enjoy when they take their rightful lumps, but saying the GOP is in favor of employees not washing their hands is, sadly, a false title. It was one guy, talking off the top of his head and maybe from some rightest-of-the-right mindset about regulations. The GOP National offices or officials, or any of the leadership in the U.S. House or Senate, will only not be in favor of this but, if it's reported accurately, will be doing double-facepalms and thinking about the kitchen help at their country clubs (couldn't help it, getting that last in, country clubs cliché but maybe truth in 18-holes and a sauna).

I was told to shorten the title...So I took out Sen Tillis name. It was explained in the OP...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

You didn't read the article did you?

Please read it and you will see this Thread is a twist of words.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

it seems to me that he does not like restaurants much, because if such a notice was posted i can't see them doing any business and they would have to close down in no time at all

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join