It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland to build first Norse gods temple since Viking age

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i spy with my little eye :

a slippery slope

they claim its " just a metaphor " - but still intend to " pray in public " to alledged gods they profess not to believe in

its the thin end of the wedge - " normalise " the behaviour and trappings of the norse worship and escalate from there

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Iceland is set to construct a temple dedicated to the Norse gods of Odin, Thor and Frigg, as a result of the continuing increase of religious adherents to Ásatrúarfélagið, a modern variant of Norse Paganism.

Interesting news. I like pagan believes and all the traditions that come with those. Very intriguing. And a good stance against organized monotheistic religions which have been screwing up humanity for over 2000 years.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thought they built one years ago. Anyways, it's interesting to see the "old customs" come back, even though most of what is known of the religion is from Christian texts like the younger Edda (although the elder Edda is probably pagan in origin). Kinda makes one wonder how far people will go in adopting the associated customs in terms of sacrifices and such. I guess it depends on whether they're hardcore reconstructionalists or the more "new age" type of neopagan. Apparently it's important to cut one's toenails because the toenails of dead people will be used for a ship during the events of ragnarok. That's pretty out there as even as "end of the world" prophecies go.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
WOW this is Great!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Certain scenes from Vikings are floating through my head ...

And I know this will be nothing like that, but it doesn't stop my imagination.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

This is indeed a beautiful announcement. My wife being Christian and myself adhering to worship of the Old Gods we had a combined wedding ceremony (to include a handfasting as well as the Christian Sacrement). We had the ceremony outside in front of all of our loved ones to honor nature as well.

I think it would be a beautiful thing to renew our vows when the time is right at this temple, and follow it up with copious imbibing from large drinking horns!

I also wonder at the possibilities of future live events and shows / celebrations from all the folk / pagan bands (i.e. Amon Amarth, Tyr, Wardruna, Korpiklaani, etc.) Imagine being able to visit Iceland, see a bunch of your favorite bands, and worship your Gods in public with others who share the blood of the All-Father?

Skål

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I think that their ancient history should be preserved as much as possible and if a temple helps, keep the history alive I would love to have the time and resources to one day visit Iceland one day

I have a prediction for you and ATS. I can almost Guarantee that God will bring Iceland a lot of hurt after this Pagan temple is built. It will probably be dismissed as just another Volcano-earthquake disaster but I think this temple will bring them nothing but epic grief. Just my 2 cents!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Exodus 34:14 You must worship no other gods, for the LORD, whose very name is Jealous, is a God who is jealous about his relationship with you.

biblehub.com...

Those other gods are not to be worshiped before GOD himself. Your asking for trouble. The only good gods were never here on earth and they sit in Gods divine council where he judges them all, including you.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: marg6043

I think that their ancient history should be preserved as much as possible and if a temple helps, keep the history alive I would love to have the time and resources to one day visit Iceland one day

I have a prediction for you and ATS. I can almost Guarantee that God will bring Iceland a lot of hurt after this Pagan temple is built. It will probably be dismissed as just another Volcano-earthquake disaster but I think this temple will bring them nothing but epic grief. Just my 2 cents!

So your God is going to devastate an entire country because one temple goes up that isn't in his name. That is one seriously petty vindictive God with insecurity issues.

Anyway, in Iceland everyone knows earthquakes and eruptions are caused by the God Loki.

Loki was bound by the gods with the entrails of one of his sons. A serpent was placed above him and every time venom drips onto Loki he writhes in pain, thereby causing earthquakes. When Ragnarök comes he will get free and fight against the Gods.

Hey, at least he isn't causing earthquakes or eruptions for petty reasons like your God.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have an affinity to Iceland (the country not the food store) and to Norse paganism.

I have studied the runes and decided to draw a rune for this pivotal development. I suspected it would be Dagaz, and it was.

I welcome this as a worthy and progressive spiritual development.

runesecrets.com...

Dagaz – Rune Meaning

“Time is an illusion that once realized, is lovingly embraced, none the less.”

Dagaz - “Day-gahz” – Literally: “Day” or Dawn – Esoteric: Awakening

Rune of the hyper-consciousness. The process of concept becoming realized.

Psi: paradoxical truth, incommunicable experience, conceptual realization, Enlightenment, satori

Energy: twilight/dawn polarity, non-dual reality, unity, synthesis, transmutation

Mundane: another day, daylight, the inevitability of dawn

Divinations: Awakening, awareness, hope-happiness, the ideal, paradigm shift; or lack of vision, sleep, blindness, hopelessness, cataclysmic change.

Governs:

Attaining the mystical moment through penetration of the secret of paradox or non-duality
Reception of mystical inspiration – the gift of Odin.
Disappearance and the act of becoming the invisible
Invisibility as an organizing principle of Higher Consciousness
Synthesis of right-left brain dynamics.
Transformation of one thing into its opposite
Integration of female and male into complete being

edit on 3-2-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It's about dang time, too. Thor needs a temple, Heimdall too.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
VALHALLA!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Awesome!!!

This is just in time for the Season 3 Premiere of Vikings (02.19.15 at 22:00) on the History Channel.

www.history.com...

The History Channel is providing all of the episodes from season 2 here:

www.history.com...
edit on 3-2-2015 by DMFL1133 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2015 by DMFL1133 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

What gives you the right to damn a nation to retribution in the name of your God? Doesn't sound pretty Christian to me. In fact it sounds like blasphemy.

Thanks for the old testament cliche, but I get along just fine with my life and the balance I have for my beliefs and those of my wife. I hope you're not such a cold, judgemental person to people around you - what an unpleasant viewpoint to be around.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

a good stance against organized monotheistic religions which have been screwing up humanity for over 2000 years

Amen, we'll get some competition in the religious sphere that the Abrahamic crusaders have been rigging for so long.
I would like to check it out if I ever get to Iceland.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
some nations opposed to what is now called NWO lies slandered ridiculed or destroyed and erased from history, unto fortune-teller do not go the Vikings were against the dictatorship and worthy of imitation and repetition. I just do not see nations except China Russian Iran Syria N.Korea capable with the right leader to crush the serpent

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Interesting! I do wonder though what is the driving force behind it other then religion and culture. Rubs chin....

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

It will be interesting to see, the new Odinite temple builds...
Nice find OP

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I can get behind this before a ancient book of fairy tales. The older the religion the more relevant it is imo. Basically none of them are real however id rather listen to Vikings because at least like the druids they did not project it on to other people.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

It is also about the powers of nature and anyone who knows anything of the reality of nature, perhaps having spent quality time there will know of the power and connectedness that is intuitively perceived.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join