It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Magic / Magic powers real??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
We have magicians,

No we don't.

but, today there is a myth on that.

No there isn't?

Some people say they use demons.

Who...? And why?

Some others think they are angels.

Who...? And why?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yep magic is very real we just happen to be in an age where such things are suppressed out of our field of view.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Its fascinating to read but I SURE as hell wouldn't try to CONTROL or contact an entity that seeks MY demise.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Its fascinating to read but I SURE as hell wouldn't try to CONTROL or contact an entity that seeks MY demise.

Reach within yourself and contact deeper parts of your infinate divine nature, which contains all powers you could ever imagine. The kingdom of heaven is to be found within thyself FTW(FOR THE WIN!).
edit on 3-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I DID ,I have to protect and fight by what I found. THAT is what is inside me.
I SHOULD be dead but not yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

There's a handful of us here on ATS and it's no more spooky than what Christians do when they're yelling in tongues and slaying folks in the spirit. Same monkeys, different barrels.

The difference being Christians worship the creator God while you worship a different god.

You and I do not worship the same God.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Perhaps practitioners of magic are actually manipulating something on the quantum level?

Superlosition defines all possible states of mater - which is how everything exists until its observed. The simple act of observation manipulates and determines reality, so why is it such a stretch to think someone could wilfuly do this?

Personal belief to OPs answer is "yes." Evidence? Nit so much..circumstantial.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Not in the way that you (or most people) would think. There are rules. We call them, the laws of physics. The thing is, we don't know all of the laws. We cannot explain how God does what He does. We cannot explain how things outside of our perception influence us. Yet they do. Therefor, there must, by simple deduction be rules that afford such interaction. I personally believe that the 'rituals' that certain entities like to give to people, are somehow less necessary than we might think. I personally feel as though all they really need to interact with you, and your life, is your permission. Permission comes in various forms. Sometimes people don't even realize that they've allowed something to come into their lives, until long after it has made itself known. Oh, and ask yourself this one last thing: IF using some form of ritual, or 'spell' causes you to summon something into this World, you have to ask yourself why they fear the name of the Lord? Perhaps it's because they haven no power save that which they are given.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Nevertheless

Whether you agree or disagree on the validity of "magic," its an established fact that there are those who practice it.

Just as some disbelieve in the Christian god, it doesn't detract from the validity that people who pray are practitioners of that specific religion or practice.

You can't simply say "no we don't" when the evidence of this practice has been around for millennia.

As to the efficacy of magic? Couldn't tell you. But the validity? Just as much as a belief or subscription to any religion and its rituals.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I would like to know, can reality be altered?
HOW far can it be done?
WHAT is known of any successes?

I believe only your reality can be altered, by balancing the poles. To change an existing situation, swing to the opposite pole, then back again, but not all the way. Try to stop somewhere within the swing that is beneficial for you, or right in the middle to stop the swing altogether. The freedom then frees your energies up for higher journeys.

What is known to me is that we have choices and we are able to shift reality using pure will.
edit on 3-2-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I can tell you things I have done. I can tell you of an experience that my entire household shared while sleeping one night. I can tell you about someone who was not located at that house, someone I had not spoken to for months, that contacted me that morning to ask what happened as she experienced it too. I have remote viewed with very high accuracy.

But it is my word, you can take it or leave it.

I have followed instincts against reason and ended up saving lives. I am not talking about some spiritual event either, minutes from death kind of thing, where intervention was required to save a life. Without it, death was certain. Hospitalisation was needed.

The fact of the matter is that some of us have seen and experienced things that go well beyond chance and reason, perhaps even science.
We believe. You can choose not to, no skin off my nose. Just don't proceed to tell anyone that they cannot believe something because you personally do not approve.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin
Ah, the old 'why do they fear Jesus/God?' argument, as if it's a confirmation of Christianity. The simple fact of the matter is that when people from other cultures call on their own cultural deities and spiritual entities, outside of the Abrahamic religions, -the same effect occurs-. You see this anywhere from 'night terrors' to 'possessions'.

Why do 'spirits' fear other deities/spiritual entities besides the Abrahamic God and Jesus??

OP and OT: I am a skeptical believer, and I believe in magic/magick 100%. Simply, I believe in the power of belief. It works. It can work in incredible, coincidental/synchronistic ways that I find fascinating and have personally witnessed many times for myself. And my brains are not so open they are falling out. I consider myself immune to confirmation bias and the stupidity that runs rampant in spiritual/paranormal study.

However, sadly, the very idea of magic brings to mind Harry Potter and LOTR, and people who have no clue what they're talking about shake their heads and laugh it off. That's fine. I understand skepticism. Especially with all the kooks we get in spirituality/religion. But blind skepticism, the kind you have when you really don't know jack chit and have never explored any of it for yourself, is ignorance at its worst.

Magic/Magick works. How it works is by belief. People who can't understand this simple premise will likely fail at any magical working, but ironically every single one of us uses 'belief' in many ways to shape our lives in a myriad of ways we aren't fully aware of. I couldn't care less about other skeptics, although I feel a little sorry for them that they have never had any strange experiences that might open their eyes to the real frontier of the mysteries of life.

When people claim magic is only about serving others or connecting with 'God' or 'spiritual truths': take it with a grain of salt. It's the usual claptrap from armchair magicians and people who fail at manifesting practical results.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: Cuervo

There's a handful of us here on ATS and it's no more spooky than what Christians do when they're yelling in tongues and slaying folks in the spirit. Same monkeys, different barrels.

The difference being Christians worship the creator God while you worship a different god.

You and I do not worship the same God.

Absolutely! I didn't say Christians were the same as us; I said they were just as creepy.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Perhaps you should keep your mouth shut ( not ) your opinion is as valid as mine, Problem is you had no opinion just an attack. In that case STHU and get lost. a reply to: LilFox

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Magic is for me intent->manifestation. So yes it does exist even if it seem to be a bit lower level.

A way to think about it that can be connected to the Quantum reality we exist in where probability fields are part of the experience. The probability field is physically manifesting what can exist around us since the field is like pockets of space time that is energized and therefor particles appear on the quantum level. See double slit experiment for example on scientific experiment where the probability field is found as a probability wave.

1. Synchronicity where 2 events in space time is connected to each other. A melding of Quantum Mechanics and consciousness where a probability field goes to 100% manifestation creating a synchronicity (entangled state of occurrence).
2. Telepathy. A synchronicity that changes information in receiver from sender going thru the probability field and the unconsciousness layer in both sender and receiver.
3. Reiki. A tool to create synchronicity that changes energy on the quantum scale energizing one place in space time from another place in space time since it changes the probability field.

Just because synchronicity is hard to achieve with consciousness do not mean it is impossible just improbable.

Namaste
edit on 3-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
As far as anything I've read or seen, none of it is real and is usually based on people's incredible desire to believe in such things or, in the case of those who claim to have it, frequently charlatan in nature and sometimes quite mad.

We live in a very biological, scientifically understandable world where amazing things happen everywhere if you consider the natural life cycles of many animals, things like chrysalis, weather phenomenon, so much really. And that's about as close to "magic" as anything really is.

Then I offer a challenge. I can take you to a valley and show you things and experiences that will change your attitudes and view of reality forever.

Interested?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Is Magic / Magic powers real??

Not Harry Potter type magic. But there are things that are real and not understood that we could call magic.

The energy you send out ... be it positive or negative ... can change things. Sending out positive prayers, or negative curses ... it all comes down to the energy.

AND there are other realms and dimensions that interact with us in ways we don't understand. So tapping them (via meditation or consulting 'holy' people like shamans) could be called magic here. But in reality it's very natural.

IMHO

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Not quite. You only use 10% of your brain at any given moment. Anything more and your thoughts would be a jumble non sense. a reply to: lostbook

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have the believe that magic (I refuse to spell it with a K) probably has trade offs, otherwise we'd see people flying around and doing things that defy physics on a mass scale.

I've had some experiences that lend me to believe that the fabric of reality can be bent and played around with a bit -- you can certainly influence the odds of something happening for example.

There has to be a reason why we don't see people taking magic to the absolute max and doing crazy crap on the nightly news. I think that human minds are probably to limited to really hack reality in a way to do so...
edit on 3-2-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

originally posted by: lostbook
I believe so. We only use about 10% of our brains, correct?

Which part can we remove????

Just kidding, but modern imaging shows that we use all of our brains and not just a tiny part of it. Brain scans have shown that no matter what one is doing, all brain areas are always active. Some areas are more active at any one time than others, but barring brain damage, there is no part of the brain that is absolutely not functioning. --Neurologist Barry Gordon

And on topic I have never experienced anything (sober) that had a non-mundane explanation.

Even if we use all parts do not mean we us the parts to it's full potential.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join