It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland puts last ever McDonald's burger and chips in national MUSEUM.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I wish this would happen world wide.

Iceland puts last ever McDonald's burger and chips in national MUSEUM... after country's final fast food outlet shuts down.
Purchased on October 30, 2009, before the chain exited the country.
Was previously on display at Iceland's national museum.
Now set up, under glass, in the Bus Hostel in Reykjavik.
Hostel has also set up a livestream to monitor the burger's rot and decay.

here is the entire link if you would like to read more about it:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

We all have seen the online YouTube series showing McDonald's food being years old without any signs of deterioration. This is scary and we put this food inside our bodies.

I know there are many who will disagree but most fast food restaurants are not healthy, no matter how much money they pump into advertising just look around who is sitting in these restaurants. Not all but many are overweight and some are out right obese.

To those who might not be aware - many McDonald's and Burger Kings in Europe are having many problems, poor management, underpaid workers who work ridiculous double and and some times triple shifts. Europe stores are going East and convincing eastern citizens to come to the west to work in McDonald's stores and these people can not even speak the local language! These people are given sub standard housing, their families can eat in the store for free and they receive a very small wage..... and I mean small wage. They put these people in the kitchens and train a few to work the counters.

McDonald's and Burger King restaurants parking lots are half empty in my country. Some 90 Burger King stores in Germany had to close due to failing to keep local laws. Is this a sign to come?

Should McDonald's and Burger King shut down around the world and go home?
edit on 2-2-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
When that museum falls apart, that burger can be transferred to a new museum. When a volcano buries Iceland in twenty five feet of ash, people two thousand years in the future will be digging for ancient artifacts and eat this burger.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I wish this would happen world wide.

Iceland puts last ever McDonald's burger and chips in national MUSEUM... after country's final fast food outlet shuts down.
Purchased on October 30, 2009, before the chain exited the country.
Was previously on display at Iceland's national museum.
Now set up, under glass, in the Bus Hostel in Reykjavik.
Hostel has also set up a livestream to monitor the burger's rot and decay.

here is the entire link of you would like to read more about it:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

We all have seen the online YouTube series showing McDonald's food being years old without any signs of deterioration. This is scary and we put this food inside our bodies.

I know there are many who will disagree but most fast food restaurants are not healthy, no matter how much money they pump into advertising just look around who is sitting in these restaurants. Not all but many are overweight and some are out right obese.

To those who might not be aware - many McDonald's and Burger Kings in Europe are having many problems, poor management, underpaid workers who work ridiculous double and and some times triple shifts. Europe stores are going East and convincing eastern citizens to come to the west to work in McDonald's stores and these people can not even speak the local language! These people are given sub standard housing, their families can eat in the store for free and they receive a very small wage..... and I mean small wage. The put these people in the kitchens and train a few to work the counters.

McDonald's and Burger King restaurants parking lots are half empty in my country. Some 90 Burger King stores in Germany had to close due to failing to keep local laws. Is this a sign to come?

Should McDonald's and Burger King shut down around the world and go home?

Haha well they picked the perfect brand. That burger would be there for ever lmao

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
When that museum falls apart, that burger can be transferred to a new museum. When a volcano buries Iceland in twenty five feet of ash, people two thousand years in the future will be digging for ancient artifacts and eat this burger.

LOL

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

They'll find Mcdonalds restaurants all over the world in the ruins and think they were temples. Everyone must have worshipped there. When they find the burgers they'll think clown priests sacrificed cows to the golden arches.

Tee hee hee

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You know, it occurs to me that someone ought to write a new version of Sinclair's The Jungle only feature the evil fast food places.

*sigh*

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Iceland looks more appealing all the time.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The Indiana Jones of the future will embark on a quest to find the legendary "forever" burger. A storied food item which never goes bad and repels mosquitos. In the food wars of the future, this burger will be legend.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

McDonald's and Burger King restaurants parking lots are half empty in my country.

In my city, (midwestern United States) the local McDonalds is always busy. The drive-through window had cars backed up to the point of causing a minor traffic jam. On Christmas Eve.
Morgan Spurlock's warnings have fallen on deaf ears around here.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
The Indiana Jones of the future will embark on a quest to find the legendary "forever" burger. A storied food item which never goes bad and repels mosquitos. In the food wars of the future, this burger will be legend.

"We have top men working on the Big Mac right now."

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
One of the funniest things relating to fast food was a burger king set up in some old Nazi building...you could still see where the eagle and the swastika were from the drive-thru Juxtaposed by a light up Burger.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've seen some of the things they eat in Iceland, a Big Mac looks like fine dining in comparison.

guidetoiceland.is...

edit on 2-2-2015 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: Added link

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I love Iceland.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oddly enough did you know the origin of clowns is as very powerful religious leaders in ancient times..

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That is a great story.... really hope other countries follow.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I've seen some of the things they eat in Iceland, a Big Mac looks like fine dining in comparison.

guidetoiceland.is...

I would readily try anything on that list & at least 80% of it actually sounds appealing. I love eating exotic animals & animal parts.

I have never much liked burgers or steaks unless doused in condiments.

I pity people who dont eat adventurously.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
My girlfriend has been in iceland for the last two weeks.
She said they love hot dogs, and lamb burgers, you'll find them everywhere, and the best hotdog in Europe is in Reykjavik!
Even a hot dog named after Bill Clinton.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well to be fair, they just shut the US brand name out.
You go into their former restaurants and it is EXACTLY the same, just Iceland owned and named.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
I was thinking about this recently, what will archaeologists find all over the world? Playing cards, fast food, gangsta jewellery.

They're gonna think all our kings were suicidal and we worshipped golden arches, and dudes with gangsta clock necklaces were high priests, preaching by song!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You guys realise that the only reason the food doesn't decay is the preservatives in them right? There is nothing disgusting (other than the preservatives I guess) in McDonald's food. It's just preservatives and sugar that keeps it from rotting.

That said. I don't really eat it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join