It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Bill C-51 aims to 'remove terrorist propaganda' from internet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Does that mean MSM will be blocked?

MSM is a total propaganda machine, oh but that's ok because it fits with the agenda of control. I don't believe this bill will pass, there just do much wrong with the whole deal.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: jrod

I kind of get where these laws are coming from . But what i do not get is how terrorists get facebook or twitter accounts in the first place . Perhaps i think that the internet is a lot more advanced than it is . Surely an account opened in Raqqa province would be a big red flag . Can they not tell where these accounts are made . If i was to send something threatening to a alphabet agency i would expect knocks on the door at 3AM the next day . Ddos attacks are commonplace but a terrorist with a phone cant be touched . Perhaps a few bombs on the cellphone networks are in order . My computer knowledge is probably at a grade 4 level . Educate me please .

Because the people in the Middle East are using the internet as much as the rest of the world now. They have mobile phones, internet cafes, universities and colleges as well as go abroad as international students. Then anyone can open a Facebook or Twitter account. It only becomes a "terrorist account" once they start posting comments or linking to videos that promote "terrorism".

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

The US is trying to find the next 'domestic terrorist'. If they can't find one, some of us believe they will just create one. Terrorist is tough enough to define, but now people who stockpile food and ammo and considered possible domestic terrorist.

They have to have a bogey man to justify their job and budget.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The war on terror is vague on purpose. There are no front lines. They can call anyone anywhere a terror suspect any time they want. Just because you shared your opinion.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The war on terror is vague on purpose. There are no front lines. They can call anyone anywhere a terror suspect any time they want. Just because you shared your opinion.

Ah Steve...whatta guy!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Damn peeping toms. Who's Steve?

ETA: Oh, got it. Steve Harper the "minister"…
edit on 1-2-2015 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Watch for lots of blackmail and set ups.

They will post things pointing to the wrong people.

Controlled Opposition

Controlled Failures

Planned Psy-Ops

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Remember that file Mr. Smith put in front of Neo in the first Matrix?

...This is how he got that file.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Wrong thread please delete
edit on 1-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wanna remove terrorist propoganda off the internet, then take off the BBC, David cameroon and obama they're the ones trying to blow up half the world

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris
a reply to: xuenchen

And those "orders" would be rightfully ignored by ISP's or "custodians" not based in Canada, which was one of my points. Just as the USA is not world police, Canada is not either. Explain to me, how a Canadian judge could enforce a judicial order on me to remove my website, which is owned entirely by me, runs on a dedicated mach8ine in a datracenter in France. Is either the UK (I'm British) or France subject to Canadian law? No.

Thats why I said, in reality this will just be an order to Canadian ISP's to block access to the content, not to actually try and remove it.

Also for anyone wondering, my website is just a photo-gallery, not terrorist propaganda. I just used it to make a point.

The FBI did raid/shutdown/seized foreign websites and servers in the past, and this happened several times already. I think you're a bit too naive...

National laws do not protect you that much as far as the NSA goes, and the NSA is much more powerful than allied countries, even their militaries. Canada's Armed Forces have been in the pockets of the NSA for years already, since the day the Liberals made a secret deal to give the NSA access to ALL national security data systems in the country. There are ways to get more protection, but that's not through the laws of your country.

Or else you can go live in some non-aligned South American country, or in Russia... or China...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Canada is simply following US Luciferian policy

And poor saps think they have sovrenghty

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FatherStacks

Hopefully he is one of the few that give a damn, but I highly doubt it. I don't know any that truly do give a damn. And if there are ones that do, I doubt they could do much, let alone know what to do.

Stupidity is rampant in government.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

It seems like the internet is the birthplace of the NWO. We have several countries teaming together to control internet traffic, and there have been real life raids and arrests do happen as a result of this shared intel.

April 15, 2011 was a major wake-up call for me. I was a fool for not buying bitcoins then.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Right up front, I deplore terrorism and violence of any sort, even on the hockey rink here in dear old Canada. I discourage that sort of thing emphatically. Gandhi showed the world another way. Having said that, there seems to be a rise of enthusiasm for the military and military violence in the Canadian media.

Of course our military violence is not terrorism. No, no.

A lot of the pronouncements emanating from the Canadian government on the subject of Vladimir Putin could be regarded as "hate speech", in my opinion. The Americans have out-Hitlered Putin by a considerable margin in their foreign "adventures" over decades up to and including the present, yet Putin, who simply seems to want to avoid having NATO pull the wool over his eyes in order to set up shop on his front porch, gets all the stick.

Canada, America's "Mini Me", sitting like a parrot on the broad shoulders of the US, is often heard denouncing far away, out of Kalashnikov range, "enemies" on behalf of the US State Department. One remembers Mighty Mulroney intruding into the affairs of South Africa from a safe distance, or the wild distortions of the personality and government of Muammar Gaddafi that appeared in the press as Canada prepared to aid and abet NATO's, in my opinion, criminal prosecution of "regime change" disguised as a "no fly zone" in Libya.

In all of this, I think of Canada as playing a role like that of Hungary in WW2, the US, of course, being the modern analogue to Nazi Germany. The comparison doesn't often occur to people because America has its own distinctive style. Militarist aggression with a smiley face. The Disneyfication of Nazification.

Of course the cartoons are not quite as cute as Walt's:

voiceofdetroit.net...

Would it be "out of bounds" to inquire in a very timid "media chilled" voice if the Royal Canadian Air Force, of which my father was an alumnus back in the day when Canada fought world class heavyweights, are firing depleted uranium bullets and firing depleted uranium tipped missiles, as they do errands for the Americans overseas?

Would it be a terrorist act to raise a question like that? Will it be a terrorist act to raise such questions in the future?

I think it might very well be. I don't support terrorism in any form, not theirs not ours, but I understand terrorism. It is the logical result of extreme anger. It is a weapon of desperation used by the weak. Is that too subtle? Too rational for the times? For the Americans?

Canada shouldn't be participating with the United States in its crimes. The era when the dirty victor wrote the history is over . . at least until it is legislated back into existence by . . . someone.
edit on 2-2-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
Something that has been bothering me for a long time about real terrorist stuff on the internet, is that with units like GCHQ I cannot see why these sights such as how to make a bomb, the latest watch me slaughter someone from Syria etc etc is not immediately removed and viruses sent to the computers that oggle at these sights.

Such information is not classified, and even if it were members of a foreign country have no obligation to observe the classification. The stuff you mentioned is just information... what's wrong with information being available for those who seek it? If you start going down the rabbit hole of hiding away knowledge that can be used to harm someone you're in for a massive undertaking.

Also, the sites cannot be taken down and the country that takes offense has no right to take them down. For example, lets say someone from ISIS hosts a website in Nigeria telling people how to make IED's. Canada has no right to take the Nigerian website offline, and doing so claiming that the information violates Canadian law is the same thing as the Canadian government entering a foreign nation, and arresting foreign citizens for violating laws that are perfectly legal where they live but illegal in Canada. Things dont work that way, at the very most Canada can ask (or force) domestic ISP's to block access to those websites from within Canada, but there are ways around that which make the measures ineffective for anyone serious while infringing on the civil liberties of everyone else.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion
The FBI did raid/shutdown/seized foreign websites and servers in the past, and this happened several times already. I think you're a bit too naive...

They did, and it's illegal as hell. Kim Dotcom was illegally arrested. In other cases it's the same thing, it's like a US police agency going into Amsterdam and arresting someone smoking weed because it's illegal in the US and they just don't like you doing it. When talking about laws I'm not sure we should be using clear examples of government overreach and lawlessness to justify the new regulations.

At best the most a country can legally do is ask the other country to allow for the arrest. Depending on the government they may or may not allow it. Do you think Iran or Russia or China would be as likely to honor the request from the US as Canada, England, or Australia?
edit on 2-2-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There are all kinds of software and hardware out there that allow you to appear to be operating from one locale when you are in fact in another...With MAC address spoofing and such you can even make it appear as if my hateful propaganda is being produced from your computer....a reply to: hutch622

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Eh, smart ones are using Tor hidden services. With the proper set up, serving only text, its quite secure.

Good luck with that, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join