It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British army is creating a 1,500-strong force of Facebook warriors, [shills ]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Beavers

...as long as you don`t mind bad sleep in the future because you`re conscience is playing up, I wish you good luck.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well theyll be sure to get along famously with the propagandists that have already infiltrated this site anyway.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

I suspect most of the arguments will be between one lot of shrills with another lot.

What makes me laugh though is when people join the army they get 'army mentality' and perhaps, because they will be coming onto websites like this, one or two of them might just start thinking about the propaganda they are spewing. They will sure get some more interesting views about things here than from their official bosses.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
a reply to: douglas5
At least we know that is happening. What about all those people who are members of secret societies, dubious societies, organisations, dubious political organisations etc etc. They have been on these sites for years spreading "their word". How come nobody is bitching about them ?

Good point yorkshirelad but they have their own area here with the secret societies,religious threads ,i stay away from them because of the fighting that takes place in them and name calling ,at least they do not hide who they are or their agenda ,but the 1500 warriors will try and re-write history

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
So, all you have to do to combat them is get rid of Facebook and the rest of the social media mainstream is using. Stupid as hell. Shills get smacked down with truth. Waste the money on real combat troops. Is this a Monty Python skit?

What's next JihadBook?

LOSTinAMERICA patient JihadBook asap that one is a winner

you could be the new Mark [muhammed ] zukerberg

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
At least we know that is happening. What about all those people who are members of secret societies, dubious religious organisations, dubious political organisations etc etc. They have been on these sites for years spreading "their word". How come nobody is bitching about them ?

Take a look at the popular forums around election time and the shills will be there. Some I call are idiot shills because they will simply parrot an established shill position, those who call themselves deomocrat or republican often do this kind of shilling, for free. They actually believe the BS position they write about. The same goes for the religious ones, they can be found here in threads about gay marriage.

Also, 1,500 but each member will have at least 10 online identities. Reddit is notorious for shilling, and recently a reddit like site emerged called voat.co in hopes of countering the BS that is associated with all the shilling that goes on there.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm willing to give up my name D.O.B and S.I.N numbers to publicly verify my identity as an individual voice.

Anyone else?...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Bet there are at least a dozen shills on the IDF payroll here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I'm willing to give up my name D.O.B and S.I.N numbers to publicly verify my identity as an individual voice.

Anyone else?...

Lmao do you want my IP address too?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

So, all you have to do to combat them is get rid of Facebook and the rest of the social media mainstream is using. Stupid as hell. Shills get smacked down with truth. Waste the money on real combat troops. Is this a Monty Python skit?

What's next JihadBook?

Yes, he'll be the winner allright, the winner of a one way ticket to guantanamo bay

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Time to start releasig some thread ideas.
If theres one thing thats cryptnite to these shills its truth.
Theyre only defense seems to be the star and flag system.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

What's next JihadBook?

Yes, he'll be the winner allright, the winner of a one way ticket to guantanamo bay

Hey free flights ,free food [ anal injected ] great showers

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
It's plain to see really. Trust is dead on the internet. Who will you believe ? The truth warriors will become a thing of the past when even they won't know wether they are coming or going in the never ending circle of lies and disinfo.
Even now, few on ATS really know if they are chatting with friend or foe. I have come to the conclusion that even the owner and the mods are not who they purport to be. ATS and other large sites like it are only still in existence because they help certain agencies to find the most vocal political dissidents. Do you REALLY believe it would still be here otherwise ?
The net will soon be awash with so much confusion that most will just give up bothering. That's what they aim for and i'm sorry to say that they will win.

I do believe they "would still be here," I believe they are still here in fact. There's enough nonsense here to obfuscate the occasional granule of truth.. even when something is revealed it is simply a matter of arguing against it. It doesn't matter if the argument makes logical sense, they usually don't, people see an opposing voice and assume "this issue isn't resolved."

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Dangerous stuff , I think we have to ask Bit defender to put in a shillscanner with military quarantine options..?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
What the heck is a shill?

I've seen this thrown around here, even been called one myself. But its meaning eludes me

Exactly what this op describes.

Paid employees of some type for a government who act as if they are normal people while posting, but try to sway the conversation in social media and online towards the government's desired outcomes. It also can mean someone in the media or in person, as in an infiltrator.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

a reply to: JBurns

a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

dictionary.reference.com...

verb (used with object)
to advertise or promote (a product) as or in the manner of a huckster; hustle:
He was hired to shill a new TV show.

I think that the definition you used is not the main one we are referring to when the word "shill" is invoked. Shill normally means in these convos paid people who appear to be normal online or in person but secretly are working for the government. In that sense, most spies are some kind of shill.

The definition you just used is more properly a sycophant, basically someone who will do or say anything to get ahead, especially saying anything, praising, etc.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
That's just what we need ....1500 more shills.....and bloody stupid pommies at that......makes me want to puke....

Stupid pommies?

And where are you from oh wise one?

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

As Father Ted would say, 'Now don't throw snowball's or silly words, we don't wish to upset such now, Do we???''

Dad's Army on Facebook, oh boy................. "Don't Panic, Don't Panic".

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5 Why don't we make a category about suspected shills? That might be really interesting/funny. We could list reasons or quote posts for evidence. We could call it pick-a-shill! Really though don't anyone check posted information for themselves? I doubt very seriously if anyone on this forum could change my mind about anything by arguing with me or showing out rudely. I always thought this was an exchange of ideas forum, not changeamymind.com. I would never believe that kind of demanding post. Also if someone extremely argumentative is posting, ignore them. I can tell you from past experience that will run anyone off a story line.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: lost in space

I think the terms & conditions here forbid anything like that , but maybe the plan is to stifle any debate that is seen as going against the official narrative

Maybe a picture for such times

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join